Legends

28

"Do you think that fits?" Romane asked to Brian, through her computer.

He nodded, and sighed. "Like the three before, yes." She was trying to choose which dress she was going to wear today, to meet Of Mice & Men, and she was so stressed that she finally called Brian for him to choose.

"Bri, you aren't helping! I need to go in less than half an hour!"

"Don't worry, it's going to be okay. Wear the one you're the most comfortable in."

"I'm not comfortable right now, Bri! I'm gonna met them. What if they don't like me? What if they think I look like a kid, in those kind of dress? Wouldn't it be better if I wore a skinny jean? Ripped? Or a short? And a band tee? Brian, heeelp me!"

He only laughed. "Do you always question yourself like that?"

She nodded. "Yeah, but usually, I don't say it out loud." She blushed. He smiled.

"Which one do you prefer?"

He took some time to choose. "The one you have right now. it's weird, and cute. It looks like you."

"I'm not joking, Bri! I need to choose!" She laughed.

"Me neither. I like that one."

She looked down at her Adventure Time dress. She loved it. She nodded.

"Okay, okay, I trust you. So now, I need to go. See you."

"See you soon, I love you, babe."

She grinned. "I love you too." Then she hung up.

She finished her bag, double checking everything. Half an hour later, she heard the knock on the door. She ran to the door, and opened it. She grinned at Kaleb and Ted.

"DAD! FRAN!" She screamed.

The two, and Aaron came to the door. She hugged them all, and James turned to the guys.

"Take care of her"

"We will. There is too much people who would kick our asses if we didn't." Ted laughed. She blushed hard.

"Lets go!" Kaleb said, wrapping his arm around Romane's shoulder. "Ted, carry her bag." He ordered.

Rolling his eyes, Ted took the luggage from Romane, and put it in the car, where Samantha was waiting. They greeted each other, and hopped in the car.

20 minutes later, Samantha stopped the car. The buses were just there. This time, they had a bus for each band. Ted and Kaleb walked out of the car, grinning like fools, and then walked to the bus, to say hello. Romane stayed in the car.

"You need to go. If you want, I can help you carrying the bags." Samantha smiled to her. Romane's hands were shaking. She never liked meeting new people, but meeting a band like Of Mice And Men, that was way worst. She took her luggage, and Kaleb's one, since the two were the smallest, and Samantha took Ted's one, swearing about how her son was capable to have that much stuff to take on tour. They walked to the buses, and before they reached them, the guys went to meet mid way.

"Gosh, leave the bags, Babe" Kaleb said.

She shrugged staring at her feet.

The guys from Of Mice And Men were just behind Ted and Kaleb.

"So, the presentations." Austin said. "I'm Austin, here's Phil, Aaron, Tino, and Alan."

"Well, we already know that, but thanks anyway." Kaleb laughed. "I'm Kaleb, the dumb ass is Ted, and the girl is Baby. The old is kind of our mom."

Samantha rolled her eyes. "I've got sooo many sons. They're all retards."

They laughed.

"Son, take your bag." She gave Ted his luggage. "Can I just ask how did you manage to have SO many things? I mean look at their luggage, and look at yours."

Ted shrugged. "I'm a normal human being. They're just weird."

She rolled her eyes.

"Let put all this in the bus." Kaleb said.

Romane was about to walk with her luggage, when Tino took it from her. "Come on, let me this."

She blushed hard, and looked even downer. The guys from Of mice frowned but didn't asked.

Once inside the bus, she took her bag back from Tino with a whispered "Thanks, sorry." and pulled it in the bunks area. She admired in silence the bus, as the other talked.

"Do you always stay silent?" Alan asked from behind her. She jumped, and turned around to face him, blushing hard. But didn't answered.

"I've heard your version of Ben Threw. It's awesome." Aaron said, trying another way to pull her out of her shell.

Her head shot up, and her whole face light up at the comment. "Really?" She whispered. Aaron nodded. The biggest smile spread on her face. The guys laughed at her reaction, and her head went back down, blushing.

"Don't worry, she'll talk when she'll be comfortable with you. She's just a huge fan." Ted said, with a huge smile. She gave him a dark look, making everyone laugh.

"Did you know that the first song she ever played to us was actually yours?" Kaleb smiled. She was becoming redder and redder.

"Really?" Austin asked, playing along.

"Yeah, and it was pretty awesome."

"I've heard that you were." Phil said. "I would love to hear you play."

Her eyes went wide. She shook her head "I'm not." She whispered.

"You are."

She blushed.

"Oh shit!" She realized. "The guitars are still in Sam's car." With that she started running outside, hopping Samantha wasn’t already gone. On the way, she bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry! I was running, I wasn't looking were I was going and I hope you're all right. Did I hurt you? I'm so-"

"Calm down. It's okay." The guy said, with a smile. "What are you doing here?"

"I-I was going to take the guitars from the car." She said and started to go to Samantha's car, who was still there. Sam was on the phone, so Romane opened the trunk, and took out the cases. The guy she just bumped into was right behind her.

"Let me carry that, Babe." She blushed hard, and walked to the bus, as the guy was holding the guitars. She had two in her hands, and he had the others. She walked back to the bus.

She pulled the guitars into her own bus, blushing.

"Do you know where the bands are?" He asked her.

"In the other bus" she whispered.

He nodded, and they walked back there. The guy was greeted by all Of Mice and Men. Romane sat down on the couch, right next the guitars. They were resting there, waiting to be put away.

"So, Osmose, here’s Justin, the guitar tech."

Romane’s eyes shot up, as Alan introduced the guy that had helped her.

He looked at them.

"I’m Ted, there’s Kaleb, and the girl’s Romane, but call her Baby."

"Wait, you’re the hardcore guitarist people are talking about?" He said, pretty shocked.

"Fuck yeah, she is." Kaleb said, with a smile.

She only blushed, and stared at her hands.

"I imagined you more… Metal. Less cartoon." He said, referring to her dress. Her cheeks turned bright red. I shouldn’t be wearing this stupid dress!

"Man! Adventure Time’s amazing!" Alan said, with a big smile. She smiled a bit to him.

"That’s not the point, it’s just… I dunno, man, people told me that they had a fucking hardcore guitarist, and I wasn’t thinking meeting a cute little girl."

"Well, she’s hardcore. But cute." Kaleb said, as he felt Ted tensing a bit. Nobody could touch Romane without Ted standing up for her. Kaleb was more cold-blooded.

"well, yeah. Anyway, it’s great to meet you, many people told me about that band. For a very first album, that’s great."

They nodded, with big smiles. "It’s like living the dream." Kaleb said. "But I guess the fact that this guy is Baby Gate helped us a lot."

"I’m not ‘Baby Gate’!"

"Yeah, I guess you’re right" Tino said, not caring about Ted. "But you three are still great musicians."

"Thanks, guys. It means a lot. But you aren’t bad yourselves."

*****

For the first week of the tour, Romane was uncomfortable with almost every one, but after, she seemed to be better each day. The ones she was the closest was Alan and Tino. They were really gentle, and sometimes childish. They were pretty close, but not at all like Ted and Kaleb were close to her. They were protecting her all day long. Everyone else on the tour didn’t really asked. She seemed to be a little thing everybody wanted to protect.

*****

"Hey baby!" Brian said with a big smile." How are you?"

"Well, great! And you?" Romance answered, smiling to her laptop.

"The same. Are you getting more comfortable with the Of Mice guys?"

She nodded. "Yeah, I am. Alan is super nice with me. They're all, in fact." She smiled.

He was glad she was comfortable with them.

"And with the fans? On stage? You're no longer so much stressed?"

"The fans are the best people ever! They're amazing!! I'm still really stressed but the guys are helping me a lot, so it's okay."

"That's great, love."

She blushed, and hid it in the big sweat she was wearing. It was the one he gave her the day before the tour. She pulled it on all the time.

"Who are you skyping, Baby?" He heard a male voice saying in her bus.

She blushed hard. He knew she didn't wanted people to know about them.

"See you tomorrow" She said as she hung up.

He felt a huge wave of disappointment surrounding him. Somehow, he wished she would admit that they were together. He was okay with not saying anything on Internet, but to their friends... He shook is head. What are you thinking about? She isn't ashamed of being with you, just way too shy to admit it.

*****

As the days went by, Romane was being more and more distant with Brian. Like she was hiding something from him. After three weeks of tour, she missed some days of his call. She said they were busy, but Ted had texted him telling him that they had nothing to do, and that Romane wasn't with them. Brian was trying his best to find a rational explanation.

The week after, Ted told him that Romane was all day with Alan. They seemed really close. Brian was trying his best to not freak out. But every time he tried to talk about her friendship with Alan, she became bright red, staring at the floor, and almost stopped talking.

Are you stupid? You know her. She would never cheats on you. Why are you even thinking about that?

But he couldn't help it. He had told the guys, and they looked at him like he was crazy.

"Are we still talking about Romane?" Matt asked.

"Yeah" Brian said, his head down.

"Do you even know her? She would never!" Zacky said, as if he was talking to a kid.

"I fucking know! But men, she's distant with me, all day with that guy, and each time I try to talk about him, she bush hard then change the subject, or hung up for a reason or another. That don't look like her. She's the best person in the whole world, but if you have another explanation, please give it to me. I just can't think that she's doing that. She can't, I know her. But then, what is she doing?" He closed his eyes. He remembered when he learned that Rory was with Andrew. He took a deep breath. No. No. It wasn't the same. Romane wasn't the bitch Rory was. I really believed that this time I was doing good, in that relationship. What did I fucked up?

He felt a hand on his shoulder. He looked up at Jimmy.

"I have no idea what's going on, but I know she loves you as much as you love her. She would never cheat on you. Never."

"I know."

*****

In the end of November, she stopped talking to him for almost a week. She told him her computer wasn't working well enough. When he told her to use Ted's one, she simply answered "I can't". It was the last text he had from her. He tried to talk with Ted, and Kaleb. The two told him that she was acting weird, but she wouldn't talk about it. She barely talked, and stayed alone most of the time. Nobody knew what was happening. Ted had talked with Alan, but Alan didn't seem to know what was happening at all, and affirmed just be friend with her.

Brian was trying his best to find a explanation. He refused to believe what was obvious. He was sure there must be something else.

After a week, she finally send him a text.

Romane: I'm sorry, Bri. I wasn't feeling well. I can't Skype right now. See you soon, I love you.

Brian stared at his phone. Something was weird.

He went on Twitter, to see what fans had told him. He looked through all the messages, not really caring about any, until he found one.

" You must want to see that." Was what it said, with a picture. He opened the picture, and froze.

It was a montage. On the first picture, Romane was in Alan's arms, and she had her head against his neck, and his hand was in her hair. On the second, they were kissing. On the last they were laying in bed, he was shirt less, and the cover went to his stomach. He had his arm around her, as she laid down next to him, the cover to her shoulder. He couldn't see if she was clothed or not.

He stared at the three pictures. It felt like his heart was breaking in pieces.

"No..." He whispered.

"What?" Johnny asked, from the other side of the alley.

Brian couldn't move. He couldn't even ear johnny. All he could do was stare at the picture. Printing them in his mind.

Johnny took the computer, frowning, and turned it around. His eyes went wide.

"What the fuck?"

All the other guys came, wondering what was happening. They all fell silent as they saw the pictures.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tadaaaam :) Here it is! i'm pretty happy with this chapter, since like, two days ago, I didn't have any idea of how I was going to do that :) anyway, I hope I'm gonna update again, soon:)