Legends

4

Ted, Kaleb and Romane were sitting around the coffee table at Ted's. They were alone, Brian was gone touring since a week.

Romane was sad about that: she hadn't say any goodbye. Nobody told her. One day she came to Ted's and he was there, the day after Ted told her he was gone. She was sad, she liked having him around.
But now they had other problems.

Romane had agreed to be the guitarist. But the problem stayed still: they didn't have a name.
"How about I search some help on internet?" Ted asked.

"Go Ted!" Kaleb agreed.

He took his phone out of his pocket, and started to search.

"Why not put Rocket in the name?" Romane asked.

She was now able to speak almost in a normal way. She had stopped whispering with them.

"It would sound... like a joke, I think" Ted aswerwed.

"Yeah maybe" she agreed.

"There's a website.... 'wikihow'... they explain how to find a band name. So.... first: 'Find a random word in the dictionary'. You two, tell the first word that come to your mind right now."

"Potato"

"Smash"

They stayed silent. Then busted out of laugh. "Ronie, Potato, seriously?"

"It's one of my favorite English word! And that could be awesome: smashed potato!" She said, laughing.

"Imagine: Hey everyone, we're glad to be here, we're smashed potato!" Said Kaleb, mocking someone talking to a crowd.

"At least it's not french fries!" Ted said.They laughed once again.

"There's already a band with a name among this one. Smashing Pumpkin"

"Yeah but Pumpkin isn't Potato." Answered Kaleb.

"Okay okay I surrender" she said her hands before her.

"Step 2: 'Use a pop cultural referance'."

"Coraline?"

"Terminator?"

"Coraline, I'll be back!" Ted said, with a low voice. They laughed.

"Make up a name using the initial of each member of the band.... KRT... or HVD."

D? Oh, I still don't know Kaleb's name.

"V?" Kaleb asked.

"Well, Romane Vincent" he said pointing her. "Ted Haner" pointing himself. "And Kaleb Denver." He said pointing Kaleb.

The two nodded.

"We could make a sentence with that." She proposed. They gazed confused at her. "Like, with KRT or DHV, we find a word for each letter."

"Could be fun" Ted answered "For the K..." he started.

"Kryptonite!" Kal shouted.

"Okay, R?"

They thought. "Random? Romance? Romeo?" Ted proposed.

"And the T?" She asked.

"Technology, technical?" Ted said.

"Random Kryptonite Technology. Sound fun" Kaleb smiled.

"I like that one" Romane agreed, smiling.

Ted came back to his phone. He was searching on the site. "This one: use lyrics."

"New age?" Romane proposed.

"Cool! From what song?"

"Well... from Ago Technology of Milow..."

"I don't know the song"Kaleb said.

"I do... and I'm surprised you like that song, the lyrics are too... naughty, for you, right?"

She blushed.

"What the fuck is that song?" Kal asked, confused.

"A cool song about a guy who want to fuck a girl. But the song is cool."

"Sorry Ronie, but I don't really want a name which came from that" Kaleb said, laughing.

"Ben threw?" Ted proposed.

"Why not... it's a song of Of Mice And Men, right?" Kal asked.

Ted and Romane nodded.

"Rocket Rose!" She suddenly said.

"Yeah, Rocket Rose and the Smashed potato."

They laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After like a week searching for a name they had choose '2nd Floor'. Even them didn't really know why. But they liked the name.

After that, they started spending their whole time imagining new songs, lyrics, riffs and rhythm.

The first they had finished was Reckless Stupidity. Kaleb had write the lyrics and the riff. And Romane had changed it a little, making it more complicated to play, because she loved playing hardcore notes. Ted had imagined the drum. The song was about a stupid guy who did all the time stupid things, and everyone hate him, cause he's so stupid that he hurt other, and stuff. Kaleb said he talked about a guys he knew.

After that one, they worked on two other song, for which the didn't have title. The first, it was Ted who came with a awesome rhythm, and then Romane had imagined a awesome riff. And Kaleb an awesome bass riff. They still hadn't find any lyrics. But they loved the instrumental.

The other was a calm song. They weren't completely satisfied with it. It seemed all the time... like it missed something.

So two weeks after having found a name, they had already three new songs. They had what they had done before, but the didn't really liked it.

Romane was working all the time she could on her solos. To make them the better she could. She was listening to many many guitarist, to find idea. And every time she showed Ted and Kaleb, they stayed shocked, seeing how good player she was. She had a least three different solo for each songs.

They wanted to record something quickly. Since Ted was Synyster Gates' brother, they were hoping it would be simpler. But for that, they needed to make a huge impression on him. They needed to be perfect.

Kaleb finally found lyrics for the awesome song. It was the story of a kind of Hulk. A guy who started to punch everything when he was angry. But for the other song, it was still not too good.

At the end of the week, Brian would come back from tour. So, they were expecting to show him quickly. And maybe, to show the whole band. Even if the idea was embarrassing Romane. Playing for her favorite band... she wasn't sure she was able to do that.

That last week had passed so fast.

And Brian was finally home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ROMAAAAAAANE!" She heard Ted scream from the other side of the road. She was about to go inside of the school. He came to her. And now everyone was looking at her. She blushed.

"Brian's home! He's okay to listen to us!" He shouted, almost jumping around of excitement.

A huge smiled spreaded on her face. "Oh my god!" She jumped in his arms. He hugged her and turned around, with her in his arms.

"After school, today, at mine. Okay?"

"But I don't even have my guitar!"

"Shit. You will play on one at mine, it's okay?"

She nodded. She hoped she would play on Brian's guitar. She was so happy. She would see him again. And play for him. She was so glad.

The day went too slowly for them. All they wanted was going home.

They spent their whole time in every periods training. He was training his rhythm, and she her riffs. Playing air drum and air guitar. They didn't listen to any teacher. They were too concentrated.

And finally the day ended. And they hurried out of school. Ted had called Brian asking him to come take them at school. So they would be home quickly.

When they went to the car park, they found Brian's car, but no one around.

"Where the fuck is he?" Ted asked angrily.

After like twenty minutes waiting for him, they spotted him, coming out of the school, with a cocky smile. He had his sunglasses on. Romane's heart skipped a beat. He was so... handsome.

After him, a English teacher, at least ten years older than him came out. She had her cheek a little red, and was looking around her, almost to be sure no one saw her. She had messed up hair.

Brian was walking as of there were nothing wrong, to his car.

"Hey Kids." He smiled.

"You're unbelievable. We're waiting for at least twenty minutes!"

Brian rolled his eyes. "I had an old teacher to see." He said as he sat behind the wheel.

Ted sat at the passenger sit, as Romane sat on the back sit.

"Mrs Smith? Come on! She's old!"

Brian nodded. "She was better when I was in high school."

"Wait, what? You mean you were already fucking her in high school?"

"English was one of the only lessons I had good marks." He said with a smirk. Ted made a disgusted face

Romane was staring at him. Stop being such an asshole, Brian! She didn't want her idol to be an asshole. She wanted him to be a nice guy, with the same girl since ages, or something like that! She was kind of hurt to see how he was with girls.

"Can you stop take Kal?" Ted asked.

Brian nodded.

Once Kaleb was sat next to Romane, Brian asked. "Honestly, you shouldn't have a car? You all have the age to."

"Hey men, no money!" Kaleb answered.

Brian laughed.

"You know I can't fucking pass the exam, I fail every time! So now mom and dad don't want to pay me more try. So I can't drive." Ted said, crossing his arms on his chest.

"And you, Romane?"

She blushed. "I just never saw the interest." She whispered.

"But to see your friends and all?" He asked.

She stayed silent. She didn't want to admit she hadn't any other friends than Kaleb and Ted, beside her family. Even if she was living here for five years.

Brian shrugged and changed the subject. He didn't want to embarrass her even more.

For the whole drive, he kept an eye on her, with the mirror.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

They finally arrived home. Romane's heart was beating fast. Kaleb put his hand on her shoulder. "Calm down, it'll be okay." He whispered to her. She smiled, thanking him. On the alley she noticed another car, but said nothing.

They walked inside. Brian opened the door with a smile. Once they walked in the living room, they stopped.

The whole Avenged Sevenfold was sitting on couches.

Her heart was running. Her breath too. She was looking at her feet, her cheek bright red.

"Guys, meet Kaleb and Romane." Brian said with a smile.

"Hey you two! And hey Baby Gates!"

Kaleb couldn't help but laugh at the nickname Matt had just used.

"Stop calling me like that!" Ted shouted.

They all laughed. Well, everyone but Romane. She was too concentrate on trying to breath.

"A cute girl!" Jimmy shouted, running to her. Before she could do anything, he hugged her, taking her off the floor and turned around.

Her eyes stayed wide. She didn't make a sound. What he is doing?

He finally stopped and pulled her back on the floor.

She didn't move, waiting for what would come next. Eyes closed.

"Damn it, Jimmy! You've frightened the cute girl!" Said Zacky, laughing.

Slowly, she opened her eyes. Ted and Kaleb had worried faces. Even Brian had a little one.

"You okay girl?" Matt asked.

She nodded.

"You don't speak?"

She looked at her feet.

"Don't worry, we're not going to eat you!" Johnny said.

She blushed even more.

"She's just shy, leave her" Ted smiled to her. She smiled back.

They all sat down in the living room. She was sitting between Kaleb and Zacky. And she was just looking at her hands. After a while she saw a face in her view. Jimmy's face. He put his head on her knees, making her blush.

"You know being as shy as you are is almost a sickness."

She looked sadly at her hands, and whispered. "I know"

He smiled. "Then speak to us."

She blushed more and stayed silent.

"What's your favorite band?"

She stayed silent.

"Come on, say it! We're not going to judge you, even if we don't like it."

"You" she whispered.

"What?" He rose an eyebrow.

She took a deep breath. "My favorite band, it's you."

"Oh" he simply said. Then smiled proudly. "We're the best."

She nodded.

"So, you're in the band of Ted?"

She nodded once more.

"I wanna listen!" He stood up. "Now!"

They all agreed.

Once inside, Romane eyed the black and red guitar. Brian noticed what she was doing.

"Take it" he said. She looked at him, confused. "My guitar. Take it." A huge smile appeared on her face. She took it and plug the amp. She put the amp next to Ted's drums. Kaleb pulled his electric bass n the other side of Ted. She sat on a chair, trying to breath.

" Reckless stupidity ?" Kaleb asked. They nodded.

Ted started. Then Kaleb, with the bass.

Romane started as Kaleb started to sing. She was just playing to support some word, some important pulse.

Then the chorus came, and she was playing quickly on the same note, almost as in bat country. Kaleb was almost screaming as Ted was really quick too.

After the chorus, she started playing the melody of the song, as Ted calmed down with the drums. Kaleb was singing, smiling.

Then there was another chorus, and after, she started the solo. Her left hands on the most high pitched notes, going so fast. She was smiling. She loved the solo. After the solo, the made a last chorus, then stopped all together at the same time.

She didn't rise her head. She was afraid. Word Avenged Sevenfold like their music?

But she heard applauding. And rose her head, eyes wide. She saw them applauding them. Brian was looking at her. She looked back at him. There was something in his glance. Her heart was running. He smiled to her. And she smiled back, with a huge grin.

"That's amazing!" Matt said. "You're fucking amazing!"

The three of them smiled like crazy.

"I want another song!!" Jimmy claimed. They all agreed.

"Punch?" Kaleb asked one more time.

They nodded. Romane took a deep breath, she was the one who started the song. Then she started. The riff was powerful. Not long after Kaleb and Ted started. Kaleb started to sing after some time.
For the chorus, it was just drum and voice. The guitar and the bass just playing one or two notes at the end of the verses.

Just before the second chorus, she started the solo. This one was simpler but had way more energy. For the whole song she had been head banging a little. She was too concentrate to see that everyone in the room was head banging. Smile on their lips.

The song finally ended, and Romane let the last note last long.

And once more, she heard applauding. She rose her head smiling.

Avenged Sevenfold liked them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really really want to know if you liked the description of the songs... to know if i should continue doing it or stop it... i really don't know, so please comment and tell me!!
And thanks Metalwhore for the comment (and the rec :) ) !!