Chasing the Clouds

001/001

Once upon a time, there use to be this short little blond haired girl down the street. She was always forced to stay home while her two older brothers went out and played. Every day, she felt sad. There was no one there for her. At age eight, her parents and one of her older brothers died. There was shooting at a soccer game that they had attended and they were caught in the cross fire. The girl and her brother were separated between their aunts. The small girl felt numb about this all, not knowing how to feel. She began to grow up that way, not knowing how to feel. She kept her thoughts to herself and learned to fake a smile. Her aunt was a very religious women and was married to the local preacher, so the girl went with them every Sunday to church. Going there, the small girl was in her own little world. She ignored everyone and everything around her because she didn't understand. This girl began to grow up. She was pretty much a social outcast, but became very beautiful over the years. By high school she discovered her darkest secret. She was born in the wrong body. The newly freshman brushed it off and kept going forward in her life. By the time of her birthday rolled around, her older brother was married and they took her in due to her aunt's cancer. The teenage woman found a man to accept her and have her love. They stayed together through high school until graduation. That's when the man she loved with all her life joined the navy. While he was gone, she got her own place by the lake. It was peaceful compared to the crowded city below. Two years passed and her lover died, and a week afterwards she was mugged and raped. The young woman thought about her life and all the sorrow it brought. So she tried to kill herself, but failed. She continued her awful life, and a door opened. She went to the doctor and finally got her sex change. Living as a new man, he felt more happiness and comfort than he'd ever felt before. He then got in a tragic accident. He died and no one was there at his funeral. 
END