Status: hi im alive but i hope to update soon!

My Knight and Shining Hockey Gear

Concert Tickets and a Run In

I ran inside the MSG ice training center on a mid January morning, trying to shield myself from the rain though I tried unsucessfully. My light brown hair was practically drenched as the hood to jacket fell in the process. I gave a quick wave to two of the trainers as I ran toward the rink.

I pushed the door open and my eyes landed on my best friend. I saw Morgan Smith, who was one of the trainers for the New York Rangers talking to my brother as he was getting ready. I saw most of the players on the ice by the time I got to the entry way to go on to the ice. I double checked the envelope making sure it didn't get too wet.

I'm only 25 years old, light brown hair, hazel-green eyes and I only stood 5'4 tall. My brother, Chris Kreider plays left wing for the New York Rangers. I try to go to the games when I can cause of work and I'm only three years older than him but we do have a close relationship since he moved to New York where I live. I'm a registered nurse in the ICU over at Lenox Hills Hospital for three years. The rest of our family lives in Boston and Chris and I try to go visit when we can.

"Morgan!" I shouted.

She looked up and Chris' eyes flew in my direction. She skated over quickly as my brother waved at me with a confused look. She's the same age as me but only older by three months. Morgan has worked as the trainer for the team for a couple of years now. Morgan is outgoing, blonde with green eyes and is the same height as me.

"You came quick," she said. She got off the ice and headed towards the bench to take off her skates as I followedher

"They came," I said, holding up the FedEx envelope.

"Oh...my...GOD!!!!" Morgan squealed, capturing the attention of mostly the entire team.

"Wow who knew one gets excited for Luke Bryan concert tickets," I joked.

"Oh hush you know it's my long time dream to just meet the guy," she said. "Plus you know the things I would do."

"Right, and don't forget he's married." I said, smirking.

"Who gives a shit? A girl can have a fantasy" she said while I laughed.

"Hey you're coming to the game tonight?" she asked.

"The Devils game?"

"Yeah game doesn't start until seven," she replied.

"I can't, double shift at the hospital," I replied.

"Damn, it's been awhile since you went to a game," she told me.

"I know and surprisingly my brother told me that," I said, looking over my shoulder. "I do want to come to a game you know."

"Don't worry I'm just messing with you. Besides, you need to get out after what's that bastard's name did to you," she said.

I shuddered as I though of HIM. I'll explain more as we go on. Long story short, I gave up on love after what I went through. I've been on a few dates but nothing was clicking.

"Anyways, I must be heading off wish me luck tonight," I said. "And good luck by the way."

"Thanks I think we both need it," she said.

I laughed as I turned away. As I was walking back towards the door, I glanced down at my bag stuffing the envelope away when I ran into something. Whether it was my sheer dumb luck or fate playing to someone's hands, I almost fell on my ass when a hand shot out to grab my arm.

"I'm so sorry."

"Nope I should've looked where I was...going" I said, fading mid sentence as I looked up.

I saw that I ran into a guy decked out in his hockey gear, wearing a white practice jersey. I stared into his dark brown eyes. I couldn't help but think, damn he's cute.

"I-I mean I should've looked where I was going. I'm just glad that I didn't hurt you or anything like that I mean how can I you know? I mean you're wearing your gear and you know." I said, rambling.

Oh my god I sound so lame.

He smiled and yet even that's a turn on. "Yeah I guess you could say that," he said in his French Canadian accent.

All I could muster was a small smile and nod as I excused myself and left the rink to get ready for tonight.

*****

After I fed my two cats, Minx; a calico cat with a black and orange face mixed with white on most of her body and Tinkerbell, a tabby fluffy cat who's the affectionate one while Minx usually kept to herself and will come to you when she wants to. I made sure they had a bowl full of food and water, with their litter box cleaned and protected, I got ready for work.

I changed out of my running clothes from earlier and changed into my dark blue scrub top and pants along with my black and white Nike sneakers. I pulled my hair into a messy bun as I grabbed my dinner for work.

As I was leaving, I couldn't get the hockey player who I ran into out of my head. I want to know more about him but I don't know. Not after my last relationship I swore to never trust anyone again. I know I sound cynical but after what I went through, you would probably be in my position too.

But why was this guy who I don't even know his name is in my mind?
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys so I hope you guys liked this. I've been working on this for awhile and I thought why the hell not right? I'm still getting used to the site so bear with me as I work this around. I don't know how long this story will be so let's see where this takes us.

More of Brooke's background will come in time. This has been stuck in my head and I just needed to write it down. Also I'm kind of good with the medical lingo so I'm going to try my best with that as well.

This is my first story posted on here. I've written a few fanfics before and decided to give this a try. I hope you guys like this. Tips and comments is greatly appreciated.