Status: hi im alive but i hope to update soon!

My Knight and Shining Hockey Gear

A surprise call or two

Brooke

After my lunch with Chris and the rest of the gang; yes even Derick came along; I couldn't be more happier to head home. I know tomorrow I don't have to be in work until 7pm for the graveyard shift, at least I know I'll get some things done tomorrow.

After I fed my cats, I got comfortable on the couch and decided to order some pizza since I wasn't in the mood to cook tonight. After placing my order, I changed into my pajamas and an oversized t-shirt I borrowed (using the term ever so lightly) from Chris and waited for dinner.

A few minutes later my phone beeped indicating I got a text. I decided to check it later; it's probably either Chris or Morgan wanting to know something.

When I got my money situated for when pizza was going to come, I saw I got two messages. One was from Chris and the other was unknown.

I opened up Chris' which read,

'Hey sis, mini gathering at my place after practice saturday with guys you in?'

'Sure providing I don't get called into work'

'Schweeeeet can't wait plus brassy will be happy to see you. Swear he doesn't shut up about you like you're my sister for God sakes'

'Oh be nice. And maybe he wants to get to know me nothing wrong with that.'

I then when into my bathroom to get ready for my night in. I remember seeing another text I got earlier so I grabbed my phone. When I went to read it, I thought I was about to drop my phone in the tub.

"Brooke I miss you."

Why now? What could my ex, drew would want now?

Perhaps I should explain.

Two years ago before the NHL lockout, I was in a relationship with a guy name drew. He was 25 and I was only 22 when we started to date and he had graduated from law school and had just started his own law firm while I was finishing up college for my nursing degree. I met him through an old mutual friend ans we were together almost two years. Before the rangers started their season late, I came home from a trip back home with Chris ans let's say I found out things I never knew about him and dumped him right on the spot.

Chris found out and I can tell you; my brother hardly gets and unless he lost a game or someone hurts one o his family members. I could've sworn he was ready to murder him and he managed to punch his lights out almost.

I never saw him again but why all of a sudden he's texting me now?

I ignored his message and then deleted it once my dinner arrived.

----

"Brooke, phone."

I reached over and picked up the phone I was sitting close to at work.

"Hello?"

"Hi, Brooke? It's Derick," his French Canadian accent said through the phone.

"Hi this is a nice surprise," I said.

"Yeah I wish I had your number but your brother gave me your work number somehow, he said.

"Don't you just love him?" I said sarcastically. "He may be 22 but he can still be a man child when he wants to be."

Derick laughed on the other line. Damn he has such a cute laugh. Get it together Brooke.

"Listen, I was wondering if you're not doing anything, maybe you want to grab dinner sometime? With me?" He asked.

I sat there for a second thinking about it. I couldn't believe me was asking me to dinner I mean, I can give this a try.

"Sure why don't we exchange numbers Saturday and figure out a day when we're at Chris' place?"

"Sounds great but what will your brother think?"

I smirked as I reached for a pen. "You leave my brother to me I can handle him." I replied. "You guys are teammates I don't want any awkward tension between you two."

"Thanks I think. I'll see you Saturday I can't wait," he said.

"Yeah me too," I said.

After we said our goodbyes, I leaned back in my chair with a goofy grin on my face.

"So it was a guy."

I jumped slightly as I looked over to see Shelly standing by the counter with a knowing smile.

"It's not what you think," I said.

"Hey I don't judge, but it's been awhile since I've seen that look on your face," she said.

"Well I just met the guy and I'm not sure what's going to happen with that," I said.

"I understand. I mean I remember what happened after your breakup with that idiot. Just remember Brooke; it's okay for you to meet someone new," Shelly told me.

"Sure thing I'll keep that in mind," I said, getting up from my chair to go check on my patients.

Was I ready to let Derick in my life?
♠ ♠ ♠
Whew that's done! RL has been in the way and yeah.

I think in the next chapter I might do derick's POV so we'll see what happens!!

I'll update soon!! Thank you for your patience and support!!