Something New

Chapter 1

I was walking in the warm, spring air with Kailey in her stroller. I had only been in Hawaii a few days, but I still hadn't found a job. It seemed like no one was hiring right now, which wasn't a good thing. We just got here, and already the money is wearing thin. I have a baby to take care of, and I would do anything for her. It's just a matter of finding a way.

Suddenly, I heard shouting and people running towards us. It seemed as if there were some people chasing after a guy. Then I realized that they were obviously cops or something chasing after him. There wasn't anytime for me to move us out of the way, before the guy ran into us. He knocked into Kailey's stroller, which proceeded to startle and upset her. Me, being the newly, over-protective mother, I suddenly had the urge to kick the guys' ass.

While he was on the floor, and before he had time to get up, I pounced on his back. "Are you fricken kidding me? You couldn't go around the stroller? There is an infant in there that you have now upset! You could have hurt her!" He was yelling at me to get off of him, but I just ignored him, and pinned his arms behind his back. "Knock it off, you aren't going anywhere, anyways," I huffed, rolling my eyes, as the people chasing after him got to us.

"Here, Sweetie, we got him now," one of the guys said, helping me up, as the other grabbed the guy. Another man and two women came running up a few seconds later.

"Are you okay, Hun?" The older blonde asked me.

"Yeah, I'm okay," I said, getting Kailey out of her carrier and rocking her to calm her.

"Oh, Sweetie, I'm so sorry. We didn't mean for him to run into you," the oldest man said. "Are you sure you guys are okay?" He asked, trying to check Kailey over.

"We're fine; I guess Mom Mode just kicked in and took over me when he ran into her stroller."

"You did really good," the guy that helped me up, said.

"That's 'cause she has great motherly instincts," the older blonde said, giving me a smile. That's suddenly when I realized who they were.

"Oh my gosh... You guys... You're..." I was so stunned, I felt like an idiot. "I'm sorry, I didn't recognize you at first."

Baby Lyssa laughed a little. "You must not be from around here."

I shook my head no. "I'm not, actually. We actually just moved here a few days ago. I'm out on the hunt for a job right now. I'm Samantha, by the way," I said, introducing myself.

"Wait, you just moved here? And you don't have a job?" She asked, wide eyed.

"Yeah, not the smartest decision, I know," I sighed, looking away.

She looked at me for a minute. "Hold on just a second," she said, before walking over to everyone by the cars.

I started getting Kailey situated back into her carseat after getting her calmed back down. After getting set to go back looking for a job, Baby Lissa came back over to me smiling. "So, I have a proposal for you," she said.

I looked at her, confused. "What's that?"

"Well, you said you were looking for a job, and I know they aren't easy to come by right now. So, I talked to my dad, and he doesn't mind you coming by and talking to him about a job," she said, the smile never leaving her face.

I looked at her in shock. "Lyssa, I didn't mean for that to seem like I was asking you for a job..."

"Of course not! I can tell you're in a real rough spot, though. So, Dad doesn't mind giving you a shot. He knows how to read people very well anyways," she said, shrugging. "Plus, we all kinda have a soft spot for babies. She is just so adorable." She gently touched Kailey's hand.

I felt so overwhelmed at the moment. Even though it was just an offer to talk to Dog, it was still a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. I was seriously in debt to Lyssa...

"Do you need directions to the office? Or we could give you a ride?" She offered.

"It's okay, I have my car. As long as you give me the address, I can find my way." She gave me the address and told me to meet them there in about an hour.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! (: I usually write Avenged Sevenfold stories and such, so I thought I would switch it up a bit. Hope you guys enjoy!