Family Portrait.

This house no longer feels like home.

His laugh rang through her ears as she lay there numb and paralysed her entire body ached she had no thoughts her mind was totally blank she clamped her hand over her stomach as it lurched violently she crawled to the bathroom dry gagging over the toilet bowl her head was pounding her throat burning. She sat with her back to the door leaning against it her jaw ached from Merles hands being stuck there for so long. she pushed her hair off of her clammy forehead and remained still and silent.

Daryl stretched rolling over sleepily he opened his eyes, rolled out of bed following the smell of bacon to the small kitchen he looked at Merle confused as the older man skillfully turned the bacon in the spitting pan until it was cooked to perfection

"Whats the occasion?"

"Nuthin baby brother just in a good mood today!"

Merle beamed back, Daryl nodded still unsure

"wheres Lily?"

"Dunno havent seen her since she came out for a glass of water last night Bacon baby brother?"

"No thanks I need to find Lily"

She hadn't moved she was still in the bathroom cross legged her head leaning on her hands she could hear Daryl she could hear Merle.

Merle was the only family Daryl had she couldn't take that from him, Merle was the one who had looked after Daryl he was the father figure, although he had lead Daryl down the wrong path many a time Daryl loved him and she knew it if it came down to him choosing between her and Merle, he won every time hands down, the door rattled behind her suddenly making her jump, she felt her heart thump behind her ribs and the familiar nausea washed over her once more she swallowed hard and waited for someone to say something, something just to let them know who they where,

"Baby you in there?"

Her eyes widened and she felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up she looked desperately for words to come out of her mouth

"Yeah"

She squeaked and then scolded herself for sounding as though something was obviously wrong

"You okay? Is it the baby? Let me in!"

she felt herself shaking once more

"NO!....no its fine it's just erm...morning sickness"

"Okay baby come on out when you're ready okay?"

"Okay"

He walked back out to the kitchen area

"That was weird?"

"Shes probably fine baby brother hormones I reckon"

"Maybe"

Daryl replied absent mindedly.

she rose slowly to her feet the floor felt as thought it where about to give way below her, her legs shaking like a new born calf she looked in the mirror and forced a smile on to her face in a weak attempt to push the tears sickness and pain away, she brushed her hair back in to a tight bun "now it can't be pulled" she thought to her self, she splashed some cold water in to her face and took a deep breath before placing a shaking hand on the bathroom door and cautiously pulling it open.

She found herself faced with Daryl his smile soon faded to concern

"Are you sure you're okay baby? C'mere"

He pulled her in to a tight warm embrace she enjoyed the safe feeling for a few seconds before she locked eyes with Merle He smirked and winked at her She buried her face in Daryl's muscular shoulder the image of Merle above her rushing back and making her skin crawl.

He felt a dark sense of victory as he watched her sink in to herself, he had done it he had broken the cocky smart mouthed little whore and possibly won his brother back, Daryl wouldn't want damaged goods, Merle wouldn't allow him to have damaged goods, only the best for his baby brother.

Not only was he on the path to having his brother back he also felt less tense maybe all he needed was a good fuck, she did feel good, tight and her body was amazing even with all that shit etched on her otherwise perfect skin. The smell of her coconut shampoo still lingered in his nostrils a smell he took comfort and pride in.