Family Portrait.

Cutting like knives in a fist fight.

"Where you going sweet thing?"

"Leave me alone"

"Now I know you didn't just talk to me like that, After all the fun we had last night"

He stood from the sofa and walking over to her taking slow wide steps, she whimpered slightly unable to take her eyes off of him making sure she saw his every move, she remained as strong as she could manage, her head spinning and her breaths shallow she kept her eyes locked on him,

"Merle I mean it leave me alone"

Her voice wavered causing him to laugh directly at her a loud stomach churning noise in one swift movement he had both of her wrists in one hand and was dragging her across the trailer, she put up a small amount of fight but was too weak for Merle to even bat an eye lid at her self defense attempt, he swung her round causing her to stumble forward, she landed with a heavy thump a dull pain slowly creeping through her head.

he sat quietly at the bar his bad mood was long gone he wasn't ready to face her just yet, rejection never usually bothered him, he was used to it with parents like his, rejection was a day to day part of his life up until he had met Lily she accepted him for his good and bad and she had helped him kick a lot of his bad habits he had been clean of drugs for longer than he cared to remember but smoking was the one habit he held dear to him nothing was better than the clank of metal the smell of motor oil and the taste of nicotine preferably all at once, that and being curled up in bed next to Lily having the most mundane small talk, maybe that's why he took her rejection so badly, why it stung so much because he was the only person he had ever genuinely loved, he took the last mouthful from his beer and ordered another.

She lay there the same feeling of numbness and fear lapping over her wave after wave of nausea gnawing at her stomach, she couldn't even find it in her self to cry, without looking at him she picked her self up off of the thread bare carpet and made her way to the bathroom.

the familiar tingling fell all over her skin as she had turned the temperature right up again, she was safe this time the door was locked and jammed with the laundry hamper she wiped the water from her eyes and looked down ready to be repulsed by her body again, she had never felt so desperate for Daryl to be there.

He enjoyed the solitude of riding alone, it allowed him to think more clearly, he wasn't angry at Lily nor was he hurt by her, not anymore anyway he just felt an overwhelming need to be with her, to protect her and look after her, she was pregnant and vulnerable as any woman would be with that amount f hormones coursing through them, he took comfort in the fact that Merle was there, although volatile he had a sensible head on his shoulders if anything, god forbid, where to happen to Lily or their baby Merle would be the one to put things straight, it was one of the things Daryl had always admired about him, family came first he had lost count of the amount of times he had taken a beating for defending his baby brother, they had a good bond a strong one that many would be jealous of, knowing that Lily was carrying his niece or nephew Merle wouldn't let any harm come to them.

"come on Darlin' open the door"

She was frozen to the spot, each time his large fist pounded against the thin wood it seemed to get louder and louder she watched in a cold sweat as the door began to shake and the tone in Merle's voice changed from taunting to nasty, she felt her blood running cold, she knew at any given moment the door could give way and he could come bursting in, she struggled with her clothes trying to ease her sore shaking limbs in to the tangles of fabric as quickly as she could, a metallic clank outside made tears of happiness and relief spring to her eyes, it was the kick stand on Daryl's bike! He was home! He would catch Merle in the act and force him to leave! The bathroom door flew open and he towered over her

"Now listen you little bitch, next time I ask you to do somethin you do it understand?"

She nodded willing Daryl to come through the door and see the way he was acting, she heard the front door click open and smirked slightly at Merle, anger flashed across his face, he grabbed the back of her neck and swiped her legs out from underneath her forcing her head over the toilet,

"Lily? Merle? you home?"

"In here baby brother!"

She didn't dare to move, his grip was still strong on her even when stood face to face with Daryl

"What happened?"

"Just a touch of sickness little brother I think we're all good now huh darlin?"

she nodded and pretended to wipe her mouth with the back of her hand, she cleared her throat,

"I think I just need some water"

Merle allowed her to stand waiting for her to walk slowly and cautiously by him as she desperately followed Daryl like a lost puppy, he grabbed a quick grope at her tight ass once more enjoying watching her squirm, he knew full well she wouldn't say a word to her darling Daryl out of fear of him rejecting her or branding her a liar most of all he knew that she wouldn't want to hurt him he reveled in the power he had over her the thing he loved most, Daryl didn't have a clue.