‹ Prequel: Pieces of Me

A Burning Desire

Just Get It Out To Someone

I stood behind the stage with a clipboard not really doing anything. Sean was some where around here but where? My pants began to vibrate and I took out my phone.

"Hello?" I almost yelled because the music was so loud.

"Roxy?" George asked. I sighed, happy to hear his voice.

"Hey you! What's up?" I asked.

"Sophie called me yesterday and said you got yourself into trouble," he said.

"Let me get to a place where I can hear you."

I walked over to the dressing rooms and shut the door and sat down on one of the two couches placed hear for all the people who partied back here after or before the shows. I could still hear the music, mainly the drums and bass line but I could hear George much better.

"Yeah I kinda did Georgie," I sighed leaning my head on my hand

"Don't you think you could persuade Gerard to just come out about the whole thing?" he asked.

"I'd love to, but then again I know where he's coming from. I mean for one look at the age difference," I said. I had intended to list more reasons on Gerard's behalf but George began to talk.

"What's gonna happen is he asks you to marry him? What if you have kids? Are you just gonna deny that their yours?"

I paused, well, he has a point. "We've barely have been dating for two month George," I replied.

"But you and him have had this whole, secret romance for more than a year now."

"I guess you're right."

"I know I'm right."

I suddenly heard something, like someone knocking on the door but it was one solid knock. I held my breath. Did they hear what I was saying?

"H-hold on," I said and put the phone down. I went over to the door, to find that it was a jar. Someone had been listening. Someone knew, but I didn't say Gerard's name, I'm safe.

***

GEARD'S P.O.V

We were waiting for the buses to be pulled up so we could just get in them and go. We were on our way to another venue, in the same state, or county or what ever they call them in England. Roxy was with the bus drivers and making sure they had everything cleared off and what not.

"Get those pens ready boys," I herd her voice say from the walky talkie.

"They're all lined up for you," she continued.

Everyone smiled.

"That was a pretty great show, even though my e-string broke halfway through," Ray said leaning back and taking a sip of water. We all had towels draped over us, whipping off the sweat.

"Hey where's that Sean kid?" Bob asked.

"Dunno," I said and sighed trying to get my heart back to it's normal pace. I love my job, it's never boring.

But right on que he came in. He looked troubled.

"Hey what's up," Frank said handing him a water. He took it and nodded his thanks.

"Ah, it's nothing," he said sitting down.

"You sure?" I asked.

"It's just Roxy," he said.

"She's all hung up on her boyfriend, and it seems like she never has any fun and I just wish she'd just leave him or something,"

I bald my hands into fists. She has plenty of fun, she's always smiling. As for her leaving me, no. This kid doesn't know anything.

"Have you guys met him?"

"Yeah, he's a nice guy, don't worry he won't hurt her, she just doesn't like to be so far from him," Frank said and smiled over at me. I smiled back, thank you Frank.

***

I sat starring out the window. I've been thinking, it isn't fair that the poor kid doesn't know. He likes her but she doesn't like him and it's killing him as to why she's so attached. He thinks that she'll grow farther apart from him as the tour goes on, he won't stop hitting on her. But what if it works? What if she likes the idea of having someone and now strings attached?

I wouldn't blame her...

"Hey Sean, c'mere a minute," I said getting up and walked into the bathroom.

"Uh..."

I looked back to see him with a confused look and Roxy laughing as well as the other guys.

"Just go," I said smiling. Poor kid, probably thought I was gonna rape him or something. No, I wouldn't do that, I prefer my boys with darker hair. Hey came in and I sat on the toilet and him leaning on the sink.

"I uh, need to tell you something, but you have to realize I'm trusting you with what I'm about to say to you ,dog." I said scratching my head and puckering my lips.

"Okay," he said carefully as he opened the medicine cabinet.

"Shit!" we had hit a bump and a few things had fallen out, mainly paper towels. I ignored it and continued.

"I know Roxy has told you about her boyfriend, and well, she's partly right,' I began. and I also began to realize that I was taking in shorter faster breaths. I was scared he would tell her uncle. But I would have him pinned to the ground before he could get to a phone to call him.

"Partly? What is it not a boy?" he asked. Hey, I'm pretty sure I am in fact male. Unless I have everything wrong. Oh dear.

"No he's a guy, it's just, he's closer than you think," I said.

"Just get to the point," he said looking over at me as he finished putting the paper towels into the medicine cabinet. I gave him a stinging look.

"Sorry," he mumbled.

"I'm Roxy's boyfriend," I finally breathed out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for not updating. In truth I lost my muse and just ability to write. But Roxy and Sophie came in the middle of the night and beat me up until I wrote the rest of their lives.