‹ Prequel: Pieces of Me

A Burning Desire

Ready, Set, Go

I came back into the parking garage as I slowly came to a stop. Uncle Steve had let me borrow the car for a day of shopping I felt I had deserved one since I hadn't brought up the whole tour subject in quite some time. I hadn't bought much only a few new shirts from "Zumiez" and two pairs of tight pants from "Hot Topic" and a new pair of shoes from "Payless Shoe Store" they were cheaper and were cute.

I shut the trunk of the car after slinging the bags onto my left arm. My head was filled with thoughts of only one thing, getting onto that tour with Gerard. Uncle Steve would have a nasty fit if we had to go to plan Z, tell him what was really going on. He would hang Gerard for taking me on tour, and would hang me as well for not really wanting to go to school.

I sighed on opening the front door, "I'm home!" I called out then locked the door behind me.

"Auntie?" I called as I threw the bags onto the couch and went into the fridge and got out a soda.

"Uncle?" I called out again. No one answered, they must have gone some where at last minute. I sat back onto the couch and sipped my soda. I would have called Gerard to see if he was in the area and wanted to stop by but I stopped myself. I didn't know when they would be back and that might make them suspicious if he's here and them not knowing about it.

***
As I was clearing the table with Marcy my Uncle called me into the hallway.

"Be right there!" I called drying my hands on a towel and then walked into the hallway.

"Mars and I have been talking," he said looking at me sternly. Oh shit, don't tell me he knows. I tried to swallow a lump in my throat the size of my fist before he started his next sentence.

"We've decided if you can keep on tract with your school work you can go on tour," he said to me but didn't smile, I on the other hand couldn't stop.

"However, you will work just as hard as everyone else," he said in a strict tone, I was still smiling.

"Naturally," I replied.

"I'm serious Roxanne, anything that is asked of you, you have to do it. Can you handle that?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. He could have told me I can go if I eat a spider and I would have said yes.

"Yes," I said in my most confident and official tone.

"Alright then," he said and went out into the kitchen.

I raced to my room and began to search every where for my phone to find it under a pile of clean clothes. I really need to clean this place up.

"Oh Roxy,' He said knocking on my door.

"Yeah?" I asked. He opened the door.

"That means you'll need to dress the part. You'll most likely be Marcy's assistant in a way." he said. I nodded a yes and he closed the doors behind him.

I quickly dialed Gerard's number in and waited for him to pick up.

"Well hello beautiful," he said into the phone, I couldn't help but to blush.

"They're letting me go," I said.

"That's great babe!" he said excitedly.

***

I had to go shopping again. This time buying professional looking skirts and these black high heels along with nicer shirts. Most of this was really expensive so I would keep them in my Uncle's bus and not let any of the guys get a hold of them. Alicia wasn't going until we hit Paris, that's where she was going to catch up with us. The tour was going to be two years long.

There's not a better way I can imagine then spending two years on the road with Gerard and everyone else. I found again myself in traffic with the music blasting and this time actually wanted to get home. Before I didn't want to get home, I didn't want them to tell me I couldn't go if that was their decision.

We were leaving tomorrow, I couldn't believe that how slow a week could pass bye. Marcy and I had gone to Mikey's two days ago to pick something up. Apparently Mikey knows about Gerard and I, or I had something in my teeth or something on my face, he kept looking at me weird.

Not the kind of like "Holy crap don't move, there's a giant radioactive alien man eating spider on your face" kind of look, he just kept looking at me with a face making me want to tell him. I guess it was a trait Gerard and Mikey had inherited from Mrs.Way, they could both give me that certain look and it was confession time. Gerard and Mikey told me stories of how their mom used to do that, hell she still does.

"Here it is," Mikey said coming out with a plastic shopping bag in his had.

"Alicia says every thing's in there," he said and put his hands in his pockets then looked straight at me.

"So is there anything else you need?" he asked still looking at me.

"I think that's all Mike," Marcy said handing me the bag. I didn't even bother to look inside the bag. God forbid Gerard ever have kids, they won't be able to get away with ANYTHING.

"Well uh," I started.

"Oh shoot, we're late!" Marcy said looking down at her cell phone in her hand. Saved by the aunt!

"See you in a few days Mikey!" I called as I ran down the stairs from his apartment.

Not to self, stay away from Mikey until Gerard tells me what's up. If there's certain things Gerard doesn't want me to tell him I need to know now. If he looks at me like that again, everything will pour out. Why did the bassist have to be Gerard's brother?

Now I'm here parking into the small garage again, careful not to scratch my uncle's car. I carried the things down the pathway, my arms about to fall off. How can a few skirts, shirts and heels be so heavy?Thank god my uncle saw me struggling up the stairs and opened the door himself.

"Was there a sale?" he asked.

"No," I grunted on putting the bags on the table.

"It looks like it," he said and began combing through the bags.

"That was more than half of all my money," I said and sat down on the chair.

"Don't worry, you'll be paid for doing jobs on the tour," he reassured.

"Good, because if I forget pj's or something I might be forced to borrow some of the guys' pjs," I laughed, but the truth is I was perfectly comfortable in wearing their t-shirts and boxers to bed. I actually preferred it over my own pj's, but I can't let my Uncle know that.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this might be the last update until Monday.
I need to fix all my other stories and I'm going camping on Thursday.