Not So Normal Teenage Life

Sorry

My mom looked up at me. She basically flew off of the couch over to me pulling me into a hug. Her face buried into my head as her tears got my hair wet. She didn't say anything for a while. I had to wonder why she was home so early. If my dad came to check on me and I wasn't here, so he called my mom then I was really dead. My mom finally lifted her head up saying thank you about three million times. Once she finally pulled herself together she stopped hugging me and looked me dead in the eye.

"Where have you been?" She asked her voice still shaky from crying.

"I went down to the park. I thought that maybe getting some fresh air would help me feel better." The second part was a lie, but I knew someone in my family was going to find out that I went to the park sooner or later so I guess I shouldn't lie about that.

"I was worried sick about you, I thought someone might have kidnapped you. What would I have done then? You know better than this. You know you should have left a note or something for me and your dad." Crap, she brought up dad. That was it. I was done for, better start planing my funeral now.

"I'm sorry, you know that I don't stay home often I always try to go to school. I guess I didn't realize that I should have done that. I'm sorry." I looked at the ground. I didn't really know what else to say.

My mom sniffed. "Well young lady now you know." I continued to look at the ground I felt so bad for sneaking out.

"Mom, If you don't mind me asking, why are you at home? Shouldn't you be at work? Dads asleep so why are you here?" I wanted to know. I needed to know if dad had anything to do with it. Because like I have been saying if he did and if he finds out, I'm dead.

She bit her lip and looked away. "I guess you have the right to know." She looked back at me her eyes tearing up again. "Today my boss fired me. He fired me because we got someone new and he thought he should let me go since I was the oldest one there. I had been working there the longest and had the best reviews but he still decided to fire me not someone else." The place were my mom worked she had gotten the best reviews. She WAS the best person there, and everyone tried to do better but failed at it and just made a full out of them selves.

I was silent for a moment. I was still trying to figure out why he fired my mom when my brother walked in. I just looked at him for a second. I turned to my mom before going to my room and said "I'm am honestly really sorry. That never should have happened." As soon as I left the room my younger brother started asking so many questions. I got to my room and shut the door behind me. I sat down on my bed and heard something that I don't hear that much anymore. A knock on my door.