Status: still alive and kicking. possible rewrites happening soon

Erin

2

Two months earlier.

A black haired, blue highlighted girl in a mustard yellow dress stared back at me in the mirror. I hate weddings, especially the ones where my mom is the bride. She had been married several times to the point that I lost track. You would think she’d have given up on love and become a cat lady. She almost did at several points, but “luckily” she would meet a “wonderful” gentleman before the cat lady transformation could be started.
“Lana, can you zip my dress up?” my sister said. Of course being the typical hotter older sister, she looked beautiful in that identical mustard dress. I pushed her long auburn hair over her shoulder and zipped up the dress. “Can you believe it?”
“Believe what?” I asked as I stepped back in front of the mirror to check my hair.
“Mother finding another suitable suitor.” She said in her terrible fake accent that she loved to call British. It sounded nothing along the lines of any European accent. In fact it just sounded western.
“Oh, that. I can believe it… I give it a month.”
“A month, wow… usually you go for the two weeks.”
“Well. Michael seems unusual. He’s nothing like the guys mom usually marries.”
“Six.”
“What?” I asked, turning to face my sister. Her deep brown eyes sparkled, as she took a gasp of air.
“Mom has been married six times. Michael will be number seven.”
“You kept count.”
“Of course, it’s only been five years since dad left us for that tramp.”
“It’s not like it was a mystery though, he texted her when he was sitting next to us on the couch. He basically wanted us to find out.”
“He’s an asshole.”
“Yeah…”
“You still love him don’t you? Even after everything he put this family through.” She said disappointedly.
“Yeah.”
“Why?”
“Why not?”
“Damn it Lana. That is not an answer. Why do you still like dad! He did nothing for us. He cheated on mom with that tacky secretary.”
“Can we not talk about this? Mom is getting married in twenty minutes. I would like us to have tears of joy, not tears of anger.”
“He left when you were twelve! And when I was fourteen! He left when we needed him the most.”
“Erin. Stop.” Erin and I jumped at the sound of our mother’s voice. How long had she been in here? I hadn’t heard the door open.
“Mom.” Erin said, stunned. “Mom you should still be getting ready.”
“I have done this six times already; I have basically perfected getting ready. Lana, you look wonderful, although you would look better without those highlights.”
“Thanks mom.” I said in a sarcastic tone.
“Well, are you guys ready?” she asked.
♠ ♠ ♠
ehhh.