‹ Prequel: Sunrise at Midnight
Sequel: Stranger
Status: Completed!

Dangerously Close

No One Likes Surprise Death Eater Attacks

The rhythm of our tapping feet matched Fred and George’s obnoxious tootle-looing to Irish songs as they celebrated their favorite team’s victory. I laughed loudly as they began to dance around Harry.

“Gingers always jinx everything,” I said, sticking out my tongue. “It’s obvious if you two hadn’t started saying that the Irish Chaser would score the two goals, Bulgaria would’ve taken home the gold”

They chuckled and Fred walked over to me, slinging an arm around my shoulder as he used the other free hand to ruffle my hair.

“Oh Rosalie, you know the teams we root for will always win.”

I rolled my eyes at them and joined in on their ridiculous way of celebrating.

Ron walked out of the bunks and looked at all of us and at Harry and his sister who were dying of laughter probably about how incredibly insane we looked. He heard Fred say something about Krum and then suddenly jumped in.

“There’s no one like Krum,” he exclaimed.

“Krum,” George asked as him and Fred began to flap around like birds around Ron.

“Yes, Viktor Krum. You’re all jealous! He’s the best bloody Seeker to have played on any Quidditch team, the way he rides the wind. He’s more than an athlete, he’s an artist,” he spoke in true dedication.

Ginny began to laugh with us and pat her brother on the back. “I think you’re in love, Ron.”

We all burst out laughing, and the twins being themselves, began to sing. I could tell we were on the same page because the three of us were singing the same song, at the same time. “Viktor, I love you! Oh Viktor, I do!”

Harry began to laugh as he joined into our taunting. “When we’re apart my heart beats only for you!”

Ron’s ears turned a deep scarlet as he smacked us with Fred’s large Irish flag and mumbled for us to shut up.

All of a sudden, a loud explosion was heard and screams could be heard everywhere. It sounded loud and like a ruckus.

“Sounds like the Irish’ve got their pride on,” George exclaimed.

Before we knew it, Mr. Weasley came running to us, putting a hand on our shoulders. “It’s not the Irish. We have to get out of here, and now!”

The sudden panicked expressions showed up on everyone’s faces, including mine. What was going on out there? Did I really want to know? Why were there so many screams - and an explosion?

I grabbed Harry’s hand and began to run out with the rest of the Weasleys. Arthur began to yell instructions to run to our Portkey, but I was trying to take in my surroundings. The area was dark and in ruins, with burning tents around us. Thousands of people were running and pushing others to escape the threat, which was now visible to me.

I could make out their odd and eerie-looking masks, the large coats that were the color of the midnight sky. They seemed to chant things about death as they walked, holding wands and fire torches.

I squeezed Harry’s hand and began to run off in the direction the Weasleys were going, trying to keep up.

“Rose, what’s going on? Who are those,” Harry asked in shock and worry.

“Harry, there’s no time to explain! Just run!”

We continued to run and we could hear Ron and Hermione yelling for us, but before we knew it, we were being pushed away from them and lost their view.

“Dammit,” I swore out loudly. “I don’t even know how they found out we’re here, but we have to run, Harry! Follow me, I think I know another way out.”

Harry silently agreed with me with a nod and began to run behind me, making sure to stay barely less than a feet away from me so we didn’t get separated. Wizards and witches rudely shoved us as they tried to save themselves and their family, making it difficult.

I continued through the rows of tents and down small hills as I tried to figure out a way back to where our Portkey was waiting but I couldn’t find a route. I cursed under my breath as I continued to dash around and at least look for a place to hide.

I gripped onto Harry’s hand tightly. “We’re going to have to hide somewhere!”

“I know, I figured that out already,” I simply stated, trying not to snap at him.

We were trying to work our way through the large swarm, but then something was off.

Harry wasn’t grasping my hand for dear life anymore.

I turned around in panic and called his name, when I saw him passed out on the floor as he was trampled by. I ran over to him and tried to shake him away and drag him under a burnt-down tent to hide in but before I knew it my head began to pound and all I could see was black as I fell to my knees and my head hit the floor.

Image

I fluttered my eyes open slightly, not sure where I was sleeping and why it was so uncomfortable. As I took in the ashes, smoke, fire, burnt grass, and empty area, it all came back to me and I remembered the events.

The Death Eater attack.

I grumbled and turned to see my brother still fainted on the ground. His breathing had increased, so I could tell he was about to wake up any minute now.

I grabbed his shoulders and shook him, being careful not to say his name in case any of his followers were around. He wouldn’t budge, but his breathing slowly continued.

I gave up on him and was about to stand up from my knelt down position when I noticed a man standing several yards away from my very position. He didn’t seem to know I was present, but he was eyeing the area. He began to chuckle evilly and pointed his wand up to the sky.

“Morsmordre,” he loudly exclaimed. A large jet of light flew out the tip of his wand and into the sky. I gasped as I saw the skull appear from thin air, the snake in it’s mouth slithering around.

The Dark Mark.

He grinned while clenching his teeth, making him seem creepy. I was frightened and I didn’t realize until that moment I was breathing rather heavily.

I heard a ruffling sound behind me and I realized Harry was beginning to wake up. He shifted a bit on the ground and I immediately rushed to his side, watching as his eyes opened and he rubbed his head, groaning.

“Rosalie,” he murmured. “What happ-”

I put my hand immediately over his mouth, preventing him from further talking. He furrowed his eyebrows but then finally realized we weren’t alone and widened his eyes.

“We have to run,” I whispered.

He didn’t speak at all but in one swift motion his hand clasped mine and he began to yank me in the opposite direction as we began to run away from the scene. We walked behind a tent further away from him before he stopped and got behind it, eyeing the area where the man previously was.

I felt a hand touch my shoulder and I immediately jumped and kicked behind me in defense. I heard a loud groan and I turned around to see Ron.

“We’ve been looking for you two for ages,” Hermione exclaimed. “You don’t understand how worried we were something happened to you!”

“Thanks a lot for the welcome gift, Rose,” Ron grumbled.

I rolled my eyes at him.

“What’s that,” Harry exclaimed as he pointed to the dark and cloudy sky, finally noticing the foggy figure in the sky.

Before we could answer him, he began to rub at his forehead where his scar was, shutting his eyes a bit. I tried not to question it, but then I saw the figures and the things pointed at us.

“Duck,” I exclaimed, pulling the trio down with me.

“Stupefy,” several voices yelled, sending bright red lights above us. I thanked Merlin for my quick reflexes.

“Stop it, that’s my son, Crouch,” Arthur’s voice exclaimed. I looked up a bit and sure enough, he was running towards us. I was washed with relief to know we had just been saved.

He leaned down at us. “Are you all alright,” he asked. We nodded, causing him to let out a long sigh.

“Caught them right in the action,” a voice said.

I looked to the man who said that. He was wearing an odd hat and had grey hair sticking out of it. His face had a few wrinkles and his eyes were dark. A grey mustache complimented the small amount of hair that was peeking out.

“You’ve been discovered in the scene of the crime!”

“What crime,” Harry asked.

I bit my lip and tapped Harry’s shoulder, pointing to the sky. “Harry, that’s his mark.”

“They’re just kids,” Arthur defended. “Barty, think! They can’t possibly have committed such monstrosity!”

“Voldemort,” Harry suddenly burst out. “That’s his mark? So those people here with those masks, they were his followers, weren’t they?”

Arthur nodded. “Death Eaters.”

He seemed to have said that directly to Barty, who now lowered his wand. He looked around, signalling for the others to put theirs down as well.

“Follow me, we need to keep looking,” he commanded, walking over to the rest of the group.

“There was a man,” I shouted.

Barty Crouch turned to me. “Hmm?”

“I dunno, I think he was a Death Eater, he shot the Dark Mark into the sky, I saw it with my own eyes,” I explained.

“He was over there,” Harry added, pointing to the direction we previously came from.

The mustached man nodded and began to direct his crew over there, out of sight.

We were pulled into a tight hug by Arthur Weasley. “Thank god you four are alright, we all thought for a second you were toast.”

I could hear Ron chuckling into the embrace.

“Come on then,” I said as I pulled away and began to dust off the dirt and grass on my shirt with my bare hands. “Let’s get back to the Portkey and go home.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I told myself that I wouldn't make this chapter super long because I had to study, that it was going to be a quick writing.
All my chapters are usually four pages...
This one was six.
Thank you so much to my commenters as always:
kidagakash.
misfitchild
lovelessbird
IWillMakeYouScream
queen elsa.

I love you guys a lot! There'll be another update coming sooon!