I Do

What Have I Done?

I turn over in bed and my arm tightens around something… That’s not right. I never bring girls to my house. We always go to theirs and I never stay the night. I open my eyes and look at the blonde lying next to me. Oh shit was she beautiful. But that didn’t matter. She needed to wake up and get out of my house. Girls are not allowed in my house.
I sit up and look at my phone, which is dead. No surprise there. So I plug it in and a wait a few seconds for it to power on. When it does I’m a little shocked. I see 17 voice mails and 24 text messages. I start listening to the messages, starting off with Jonathans.
“Patrick! Are you out of your mind! Call me when you get this!”
Ok, that was weird, the next one is from my agent, “Patrick call me as soon as you get this! In case you don’t know what it is going on! You got married last night! God you are such an idiot!”
I don’t bother with the other messages. I head to the game room and I call him back.
“Mike?”
“Patrick! Is she still there?”
“Yeah she is in the bed room. What’s going on?”
“You and the guys went out last night. I guess you got a little too drunk and they all supported you in marrying this girl. I don’t know why you would but you did. You cannot let her leave! We are coming up with a story right now.”
“We’re married? Can’t we just get a divorce?”
“Not that easy Patrick! You didn’t sign a pre-nup or anything! You need to make it work! Plus you were just cleaning up your reputation and now this… You need to make this work at least for a while.” He explains and I walk back into the bed room.
“Uhm Mike.. She isn’t here.”
“What do you mean she isn’t here?” He ask frantically.
“I mean she must have ran out! Shit!” I yell and start looking around. “She didn’t steal anything…”
“Well that’s good. Look I’ll come over there and we will talk this over.”
What the hell have I gotten myself into?”
.
.
“Tatum, you’re late.” My boss tells me and I nod.
“I’m so sorry Kelly!” I apologize and she gives me a warm smile.
“It’s ok just get to work.” She says and I nod. I’m a bartender and a waitress at this local bar in downtown Chicago, The Ice Box. I tie the short black apron around my slender waist and get to work. Luckily we were slow this early but unfortunately that meant I had time to think. I woke up in the same bed at Patrick Kane. I heard what he said the phone, we were married and he wanted to get a divorce. He didn’t know me… He wouldn’t be able to find me and its better like that. It’s better if we act like it just never happened. I’m 22 and working full time with part time online classes. I couldn’t do this. I didn’t want to do this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think please? I have a good feeling with this one, kinda like I did with the Tyler Seguin story:)