I Do

It's Going to Scar

Patrick’s POV
My phone has been going off every ten minutes for the last hour and since I’m skating with my family, I’m trying to ignore it.
“What’s wrong?” Erika ask.
“My phone keeps going off.”
“Well who is it?”
“I don’t know, it’s some city number.” I tell her and she shrugs.
“Answer it. You never know what it could be.” She says and as if on cue it rings again. This time I answer.
“Hello?”
“Hello is this Patrick Kane? Husband to Mrs. Tatum Kane?” A man ask, and I don’t know why but I get an empty feeling in my stomach.
“Yes this is he.”
“I’m Dr. Johnson at the Regional Methodist hospital. Your wife was in a car accident and we have her here. She is unconscious at the moment and we need you to come to the hospital.”
“Oh my god… I’ll… I’m on my way.” I say before hanging up.
“Patrick what’s wrong?” My mom ask me as she skates over.
“Tatum was in a car accident. She is at the hospital.” I say and I skate past her and right off the ice. I rip off my skates and Erika does the same.
“Hun we will meet you there!” My mom says and I nod as Erika and I run out of the rink.
“Patrick she is going to be ok.” Erika says once we start driving.
“You don’t know that. They said she is still unconscious.” I argue back.
“You need to stay positive. Tatum needs you to stay positive.”
Running into the hospital I don’t know where to go. I see all the Christmas decorations and then I see a desk.
“My wife is here. Tatum Kane?” I ask the lady and she nods.
“Have a seat in the waiting room right over there and I will let the doctor know that you are here.” She says and I start to argue but Erika grabs me and leads me away.
“I’m her husband! Why should have to sit in this damn waiting room!” I get pissed off and Erika tries to calm me.
“Patrick, people have their phones out. Please calm down…” She begs. I drop into a seat and put my face in my hands. Thanks to people using twitter and all those other social media bull shit sites, the whole world would know what’s going on in about five minutes.
“Mr. Kane?” I hear and I stand up. I see a guy in scrubs and I also see the blood on his clothes. I start to panic.
“What’s going on? Is she ok?”
“She is ok. She woke up once and asked for you.”
“Can I see her?”
“Of course. But I should warm you. The left side of her face, she is going to be permanently scarred. Her face hit the window and it sliced her right on the cheek bone. We had to do about ten stitches but we are just lucky it wasn’t her eye.”
My heart beats a thousand times per second as I follow him into a private room. Erika hangs back so she can inform the family and I walk in. I make my way over to her bead and she turns to look at me, she winces from the pain.
“I’m so glad you’re ok. I’m so sorry I didn’t get here sooner.” I start apologizing.
“It’s ok.”
“Where were you going Tate?” I ask her. I take her hand in mine and realize she doesn’t have her ring on. “Where is your ring?” I ask, starting to think that she was leaving me.
“They took them off when I got here. They are over there in my personal items.” She tells me and I feel better. “I was driving to the rink. I had to tell you I love you. I couldn’t let you think I didn’t.” She tells me and I feel even sadder. All this happened because she was driving to the rink.
“Tatum I don’t care that we got married and didn’t know each other. I love you so much and I wouldn’t want to be with anyone else.” I lean forward and kiss her gently. Then I look at the stitches and she catches me.
“It’s going to scar.”
“You’re going to look like a bad ass.” I tell her with a small smile and it seems to cheer her up. “By the way, we are getting rid of that wedding set and going together to pick one out.”
“What why?” She ask me, confused.
“Because we didn’t pick it out, Mike did. I want our rings to be special to us.” I say and she smiles again.
“I love you so much Patrick.”
“I love you Tatum.”
.
.
New Year’s
Tatum’s POV.

My new ring sits perfectly on my slender as I hold hands with Patrick. He leads me through the crowd of his friends and over to Brent, Duncan, Kelly and Dayna.
“The scar is looking pretty bad ass Tatum!” Duncan says and I smirk.
“You sound like Patrick!”
“It doesn’t look bad at all.” Kelly says, trying to reassure me and I nod.
“I’ll get used to it I’m sure.”
“So uhm, Brent and I have something to tell you guys!” Dayna says and we look at her with waiting eyes. “We are having a baby!” She says and we all cheer.
“That’s so awesome! I’m so happy for you guys!” I tell them and give them both a nod.
“Hey Patrick. You and Tatum need to start working on that family tree so our kids can be best friends.” Dayna says and I blush. It’s been a little over three months now and even though we are madly in love, I don’t know if it’s the right time for a baby.
“Ha yeah! We will get right on that!” Patrick Jokes, he looks at me and gives me a wink. Then he leans down and whispers in my ear, “Oh we can go home and start on it right now.” His lips on my ear give me goose bumps and the meaning of his words make me blush.
“You want a baby?” I ask him quietly when we are once again standing alone in the crowd of people at this party Patrick Sharp was throwing.
“With you, yes I want a baby.”
“Then let’s have a baby.” I tell him with a smile and he pulls me into a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
The new wedding ring: http://www.tiffany.com/Engagement/Item.aspx?mcat=148203&groupSKU=GRP10060&origin=engagement&search_params=param+0/0/0/0/1