I Do

NHL News

“Breaking NHL News today. The marriage between Patrick Kane and Tatum Towers was not planned! The couple had never met and got married after drinking one to many. Kane’s ex manager Mike Carlson is here with us for the story. That and more coming up in a few hours after our Blackhawks Blue Jackets live coverage, with our Hockey Recap of the day.” I stare at the screen. My jaw dropped and my eyes wide. This can’t be happening! He did this on purpose and when Patrick was out of town.
I grab my cell phone and call Patrick. Of course he doesn’t answer! He is about to get on the ice. My phone goes off and I see Lacy’s name.
“Are you ok?”
“I don’t know, I’m still in shock.”
“Ok I’ll be right over.” She says and I hang up.
The doorbell goes off and I rush to open it. Dayna pulls me into a hug as she walks in.
“Is it true?” She ask and I nod.
“He wouldn’t have been able to keep that good of a secret from you guys.” I tell her and she nods. “ I didn’t want to lie to you but at the time I had to. Now though, we really love each other! It’s all real now. We want the baby. We want a family.” I tell her and start crying. She nods and hugs me again.
“It’s ok Tatum. We will get through this.” She pulls away as Lacy walks in.
“Does Patrick know yet?” She ask and I shake my head.
“Not that I know of. He is about to get on the ice and I don’t the coach would let him know right before they play. He doesn’t want his game to be off.”
“Great. Well I guess we wait not.” Lacy says and Dayna nods. My phone goes off again but I hand it to Dayna.
“I don’t want to explain anymore.” I say and she nods.
“Hey Kelly. Yeah come on over.” She says and hangs up. “Kelly is on her way.” She says and I nod. I go to the couch with Dayna and Lacy goes to the kitchen. She meets us in the living room with a bottle of wine and three glasses.
“Sorry Dayna. Bad for the baby but I think we all need this right now.” She say and I smile, as does Dayna.
“Tatum you can drink mine.” She says and rubs my back. “Should we even watch it?”
“Well it’s coming on after the game so… I don’t know. I feel like I should know what he says but I’m not sure I can handle it.” I tell them and in walks Kelly.
“How you doing baby girl?” She ask me and I shrug.
“I want my husband.” I tell her and she nods.
“We will all get through this as a family. Because a team we are family. Through thick and thin.” She gives my hand a tight squeeze and we all watch the screen as the boys play.
.
.
Patrick’s POV

“Patrick we need to talk to you.” Coach Q says, standing next to Jonathan.
“What’s up?” I ask and he motions for me to follow them into the office where he closes the door behind me. “What’s going on.”
“We think you should see this.” John says and then the TV gets turned on. I stair at it as I see Mike talking to one of the NHLN host.
“Well as everyone knows, while being Patrick’s manager I pulled him out of a lot of scandals. One night the guys were out partying and so was Tatum Towers and her friends. They drank a little too much and the next morning they were legally married. We had decided that it would look better if we came up with the story we did, so she moved it and quite her job and they played house.”
“Now how did she react?”
“She loved it! She went shopping, got to drive the Range Rover. She came from nothing and married straight into everything.” He makes a sad face. “She is using him and I hate to see it happen to such a great guy and an even better player.” He says.
“Thanks mike. Guy’s we will be right back, after this break.”
“Are you fucking kidding me?” I yell. “I’m going to kick his fucking ass!”
“Hey calm down!” Coach Q says.
“Calm down?”
“Patrick, Tatum needs you.” He says and my eyes go wide.
“Oh god. Tate….” I run out of the room and over to my locker. I pull out my phone and see the missed calls.
I call Tatum’s phone but Dayna answers, “Hey Patrick.”
“Hey, Is Tatum there?” I ask and she sighs.
“Yeah but she finally fell asleep.”
“Oh that’s ok. How is she?”
“Honestly?” She ask.
“Yeah.”
“She is awful. Once Mike actually did the interview she just cried. She got really angry when he started telling all the lies about her, but then all the comments on her instagram and twitter really set her off and she cried for about an hour before falling asleep. We deleted both the accounts.”
“Fuck!” I says and fall against the stall. “We are heading home right now. I’ll be there in a few hours.” I tell her and hang up.
“Hey, when they do the press conference we all have yours and Tatum’s back.” Brent says and the others nod.
“Thanks guys.” I say but I’m really just ready to get home.
.
.
I walk into the house and see Kelly, Lacy, and Dayna.
“She is still asleep.” Lacy says and I nod. I drop my bag by the door and rush up the stairs. I walk into our room and see her asleep on top of the covers, which isn’t a good sign. I sit on the bed next to her and her eyes open when she feels the bed move. She sees me and it takes a second but she starts sobbing. My heart break as she crawls into my arms.
“Shh.. it’s ok Tatum. I’m going to fix all of this I promise.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I really REALLY really want to know what y'all think!! :)