I Do

Mrs. Kane

Tatum’s POV
I wake up when Patrick is still sleeping and decide it’s as good a time as any to get out of the house. I get dressed in my gym clothes and leave a note for Patrick. I grab my keys and my phone and head two doors down to get Dayna, who also felt like doing cardio.

“Hey girl. How are you doing?” She ask me with a side hug as she climbs into the Rover.
“Uhm… I’m scared to show my face in this city but I also think that if I don’t then I’ll look even guiltier. I know everyone already believes everything that Mike said. Patrick is a god in this town.” I tell her and she nods, understanding.
“I’ll be by your side.” She says.
We pull up to the gym and hurry in to get out of the cold. We walk in and head straight to the elliptical. At first everything seams fine but then the women around us and even a couple men start whispering.
“Dayna they’re looking at me.” I say. “A lot.”
“Alright well we’ve been here for a while so let’s head home.” She tells me and I nod. We climb off the equipment and head for the door. But a brunette cuts us off.
“How dare you use him! He is one of the best players in the league and he doesn’t deserve some slut like you taking advantage of him!” She yells and throws her completely full water all over my face. I gasp from shock and she shakes her head. “Fucking whore.” And walks away. I start bawling and see the cameras out which only makes me cry harder and run towards the car. I couldn’t do this. I drop Dayna off two doors away from our house and then park. I walk inside and Patrick looks at me confused.
“Why are you all wet?”
“Because I can’t show my face in public! One of your little want to be puck bunnies threw her fucking drink all over me and pretty much called me a fucking whore. I can’t do this Patrick! You’re a god in this town and everyone worships you, they all hate me!” I yell at him as I walk up the stairs and into our room. He looks at me with sad eyes and then pulls me into him. He hugs me tightly and I feel safe again.
He pulls away and looks at me with sad eyes, “Take a shower and get dressed. We are suing him for breach of the non-disclosure agreement. Then we are going to a press conference at the rink. We are going to attack this with the upper hand and we are going to get it all out of the way.” He says and I look up at him with loving eyes. “I love you Tatum and I’m not going to stand by while people hurt you and hurt us.” I kiss him.
“I love you too Patrick, so much.” He kisses me once more before I get in the shower and then he gets to work.

Patrick’s POV

My lawyer already had the lawsuit drawn up before we walked into the rink for the press conference. I wasn’t going to let him get away with this.
“Are you ready?” I ask Tatum and she nods. My new manager, Andrew, motions for us to follow him onto the little stage where we sit behind the table and the mic. All the press in the room start snapping pictures and yelling out questions. Soon enough the questions come out one at a time.
“Patrick can you explain what really happened? Is the story true?”
I hold her hand ontop of the table and give it a light squeeze.
“The fact of the story is true. We got married one night after drinking too much and when I woke up I had no idea who she was.” They all start shouting questions again but I shut them up. “But the rest is lies. Tatum and I did decide it would be better if we waited to get a divorce because of how it would look. So we came up with a story to tell all of you. But I fell in love Tatum and Tatum fell in love with me. We have gotten married the wrong way but that doesn’t matter because we are lucky. Lucky that we found each other. She is the love of my life.”
“Patrick what do you have to say to your fans? We know a lot of them are angry with ms. Towers and want answers.”
“It’s Mrs. Kane.” I correct quickly. “And I’m sorry. I’m sorry I’ve lied to you when all you have done is support me. But don’t be angry with Tatum! She loves me and she cares about my wellbeing probably more than her own. When all this started she was devastated. She didn’t want money or cars or jewelry. I pretty much had to force her to quit her job and even then she stayed in school, graduated and is doing something for herself. You’re my fans and I know you love me, but I want you to love my wife to. Because without her things would be a lot different.” I look at Tatum and lean over to give her kiss.
.
.
“Do you want to wrestle?” Tatum ask me. We are under the sheets, tangled in each other and I’m pretty sure she doesn’t mean literal wrestling.
“Depends. Who gets to start on top?” I ask her with a smirk and she laughs before quickly straddling me.
“I do.”
“Tatum?”
“Yeah Patrick?”
“Let’s make a baby!” I yell and she giggles as I flip her over. We’ll be having a baby alright. I have no doubt.