I Do

I Want To Remember

I’m sitting next to the bed when he moves. I stand up and Jonathan and Lacy do the same. He opens his eyes and looks around.
“What’s going on?” He ask, looking around the hospital room and at the wires attached to him.
“You got hit pretty hard in last night’s game. Do you remember it at all?” Jonathan ask. Patrick shakes his head no. Then he looks at me.
“Are you my nurse?” He ask and I look at Jonathan with wide eyes.
“Pat,” Jonathan starts, “That’s Tatum, your wife.” Patrick looks at me confused.
“He doesn’t remember me.” I say and back up. “We got married like 5 months ago! How can his memory be that far gone!?” I ask, starting to panic. Lacy runs out the door to get the doctor and my hands go to my stomach as I think about how my baby’s father doesn’t even remember me.
“Five months we’ve been married?” He ask and looks at Jonathan. “John is that true? This is really my wife?”
“Your wife and your unborn child. Tatum is two months pregnant.” Jonathan tells Patrick and his eyes go wide. I can see he is about to start freaking out.
“I’m going to go to the house. I need to fee Bauer and I’ll bring him some of things.” I tell Jonathan.
“Bauer?” Patrick ask.
“Our German Shepard.” I answer and he just looks straight forward as if he is trying to process it. “Coach is here as well. I’ll send him in.” I say and grab my purse. I hold my tears in as I walk towards the door.
“Tatum?” Patrick ask, I turn around to look at him. “I’m sorry.” He says. I can’t look at him. How am I supposed to look at the man of my laugh when he doesn’t even know me? I quickly walk out the door.

Patrick’s POV.
I look around Jonathan is here with coach Q and some girl named Lacy who I guess is Jonathan’s girlfriend. When the hell did we start settling down? The doctor is here trying to explain everything to me.
“Patrick I wouldn’t be too worried. Your memory is gone to about six months ago. I’m about 80% sure you will have your full memory back in a few weeks. As for playing. You’re going to be off the ice for a few weeks, but I’ll keep up with you on that.”
“Should someone stay at the house with them since Patrick doesn’t remember Tatum?” Coach ask.
“Maybe Jonathan. You have been here for their relationship. It might be nice to have you around.” The doctor forwards the statement to Jonathan and he nods.
“Yeah of course.” Jonathan says. The doctor writes a few prescriptions.
“You’re free to go home when Tatum gets back with your clothes. I don’t want you exercising or doing any physical activity. You need to rest.” He says and shakes my head before leaving.
“We have the doctor and nurses signing non-disclosure agreements. We don’t want the public knowing you forgot Tatum. Especially after the Mike scandal.” Coach says and I look at him confused.
“What happened with Mike?”
“He pretty much made the world hate Tatum by saying she is a gold digger.” Lacy explains.
“Well is she?” I ask and I receive the dirtiest look possible for her but John answers.
“No man. You’re the love her life and she is yours. Trust me.” He says and I nod. Coach leaves and in walks Tatum. She looks so sad and it makes me sad. I don’t know why, because I don’t remember her, but I just want to fix whatever is wrong.
“Here is a change of clothes, your sun glasses, tooth brush, and your cell phone.” She says and set a bag at the end of the bed. “I should uh..” She tries to find an excuse to leave. She looks to Jonathan and I can hear her voice quiver, she is close to tears. “Jonathan, I’m not really feeling well. The morning sickness…”
“I’ll get him home. You get some rest.” He tells her, pulling her into a hug and she nods. “You take your room and we will put him in the guest room ok?”
“Alright. Thanks Jonathan.” She says and then looks back to me. “Is there anything specific you want me to wake for dinner?” She ask me. I feel guilty. God I feel so guilty! I can see the love in her eyes and I look at her and my heart races
“Uhm. Something small. I’m not that hungry.” I tell her and she nods, she turns to walks away but wobbles a little. Lacy rushes to her side with Jonathan but I’m stuck in this dam bed still.
“Hey, have you eaten recently?” Lacy ask but Tatum shakes them off.
“I’m fine. I’m ok.”
“Tatum think about the baby.” John says and she looks at him said eyes.
“Maybe you should drive.” She tells Lacy. “We can pick something up on the way for dinner.” She says and Lacy nods.
“Of course.” And then they are out the door.
I turn to John. “I don’t remember her but I can feel that I love her. How is that possible?”
“Because it’s your head that lost the memory. Not your heart.”
“I want to remember John. I really want to remember.”
.
.
“I really just don’t feel good. I think I’m just emotionally exhausted.” I tell Lacy.
“Tatum, maybe you should go see the doctor.” She tells me but I shake her head.
“Honestly I’m fine just tired. I’m going to get some sleep.”
“Alrighty. Call me in the morning or if you need anything. Love you.”
“Love you Lace.” I say and give her a hug before she leaves.
It doesn’t take long before I fall asleep. Patrick may not remember me but at least he is alive and well. I’m thankful for that.
♠ ♠ ♠
THOUGHTS?!?! I have time to write today so let me know what you think! and don't be soo against drama please. every story needs a little bit:)