I Do

It's Mrs. Kane Now

The boys play Detroit tonight for the first game in the second round of playoffs. Patrick is playing. He is so excited and I’m excited for him.
“Hey.” He says as he walks into the kitchen, looking incredibly hot in his suit and tie, while I’m putting away dishes.
Hey.” I tell him and lean against the counter. He is nervous but he won’t admit it and he is already in the zone. “Are you hungry?” I ask him but he shakes his head.
“I’m going to head to the arena.” He tells me and I nod. He turns to walk away but stops and walks over to me. He pulls me into a hug and kisses my head. “I love you Tatum. I know it’s our first playoffs together and I’m sorry I’m so distant. I just want this so bad.” He tells me and I nod.
“I’m here to support you Patrick and that’s not going to change. I know you can do this and you have me and baby supporting you.” I tell him and he smiles. A real smile for the first time in a few days. He leans down and kisses my belly before standing back up and kissing me. “I love you. I’ll see you after the game.”
“I love you to. Get me a goal baby.”
“I’ll try my best.” He says before walking out of the door. I finish the dishes and get ready and soon Lacy gets here.
“Hey sugar momma!” She says and walks over, giving me a hug and handing me my Starbucks green tea.
“Oh you’re my hero.”
“You love these things. Seriously it’s like you’re addicted.”
“Well I wouldn’t use the word addicted…” I say and we laugh. “You ready to go?”
“Yeah… They won’t let you take that in the arena.” She says with a smirk.
“Honey. I’m Mrs. Kane. They let me do whatever I want.” I say with a smirk.
We drive to the arena and I park next to Kelly, Abby and Dayna. We walk up to the door and see the security guards who give us smiles.
“Mrs. Kane. How are you feeling today?”
“I’m doing great. Thanks Randy! How is the wife?”
“She is doing swell. Thank you for asking.” He says and we walk on by.
“Why does everyone love you?” Lacy ask with a small laugh.
“I’m Kaner’s Wife. What more do I need?” I ask with a shrug and we both laugh. We make our way towards the box but stop to go to the snack booth because I really start crave a hot dog and skittles.
“Oh my gosh! It’s Tatum Kane!” I hear some girl yell and me and Lacy laugh. “Can I please get a picture with you?” She ask me and I smile.
“With me? I’m just the wife! But of course!” The one photo turns into 27 and a bunch of autographs. We finally get my hot dog, Skittles, and Orange juice.
“That is seriously one of the nastiest combinations I have ever seen.” Kelly says with a laugh as we walk into the box and I shrug.
“She is all over the weird food.” Lacy says and we take our seats.
“Hey Sara! I haven’t seen you in a while!” I say, greeting Andrew Shaw’s girlfriend. I haven’t seen her since Patrick got hurt. But I knew I wanted to try and include her in more of our WAG activities.
“Hey Tatum! Aw look! You’re finally starting to show!” She says and gives my tiny belly a touch. “How are you doing?”
“Everything is great! Patrick is happy to be on the ice! And trust me, a happy Patrick makes for a happy wife.” I say with a smile.
The boys get on the ice and the game gets underway.
I can’t believe my eyes. Maybe this was our year. The boys are making the goals and our defense is on lock.
.
.
The boys didn’t go out celebrating last night. Patrick said it’s because they decided that it wasn’t worth it to even risk getting a hangover. So Patrick came home and we did our own celebrating.
“Hey baby, what do you want for lunch?” I ask Patrick as he comes down stairs with a phone in is hand. “Patrick what’s wrong?” I ask when I see the unsure look on his face. He hands me the phone.
“It’s for you.” He says.
“Hello?” I ask, after taking the phone from his hand.
“Tatum Towers?” A man ask.
“Uhm its Tatum Kane now. Who is this?” I ask, not sure how I feel about this phone call.
“My name is Austin and well... I don’t know how to say this but. I’m your cousin.”
“My cousin?” I ask. And then I become angry.
“Yes. I’m your mother’s half-brother’s son.” He says.
“What is your point in calling me now and telling me this?”
“Well I know you’re going through a lot and I thought you could use your family.” I become angry. Who does this guy think he is?
“Listen. I don’t need you. I have a family and I have my husband and I would appreciate it if you don’t call again. Especially during playoffs.” I say before hanging off.
“You ok?” Patrick ask, rubbing my arm.
“He won’t be calling again and if he does, we are setting up a restraining order or something.” I tell him and he nods.
“Yeah I don’t like the idea of some guy trying to come into our lives now. It’s just to sketchy.” He says and I agree.
Our life is on track again and we didn’t need a stranger coming into it now. Playoffs are going on and we are always on eggshells. I love my life and I love my husband. I don’t need some “Cousin” coming in now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?? sorry if this one sucks... im tired and have a lot going on but I wanted to get one out! Hope you still like it...