I Do

Hung Over

“Babe! Patrick!” I yell as I run down the stairs and into the movie room. “Patrick!”
“What!?” He yells standing up and looking worried. “What’s wrong?”
“I swear the baby just kicked… In two different spots.” I tell him and he lets out an annoyed sigh.
“Baby you’re being paranoid. Seriously.” He says and shakes his head. For some reason he was being an asshole. Maybe because they have been partying so much. We recently got news that Ellen wanted us on the show and we had agreed for next week.
“What the hell is your problem Patrick!?” I yell. My mood swings taking over. I knew what I felt and it wasn’t normal.
“I’m hung over! It’s 8 in the morning and you’re going on about the baby kicking!” He says and then closes his eyes realizing what he just said. “I’m sorry Tatum. We can go see the doctor…”
“No! I will go see the doctor with Lacy. You stay here and nurse your fucking fourth hangover this week! Four nights in six fucking days Patrick! I get you’re celebrating and all but you do have a pregnant wife at home who would like to fall asleep with her husband!” I yell back and walk out of the room slamming the door behind me. I grab my purse and call Lacy. “Hey Patrick is being a douche. Can I come get you? I need to go to the doctor.”
“Yeah! Of course! Is everything alright?” She ask, sounding worried.
“Yeah it’s complicated. I’ll be right over.” I tell her before hanging up and calling the doctor to let them know I’m on my way. I pick up Lacy and soon we are talking to my doctor in a private office.
“So what’s wrong Tatum?” The doctor ask.
“Something just feels off. I could have sworn the baby kick on both sides of my stomach at the same time. Something just feels wrong.”
“Alright lay back and we will take a look.” She tells me with a small smile and I nod. We look at the screen as she moves the wand around and Lacy stands quietly by me. “Oh my.”
“What? What’s wrong?” I ask, starting to panic.
“I can’t believe I didn’t see this before. Tatum, that right there,” She points to what looks like a baby, “Is your little girl.”
“Little girl but I thought you said we were having a boy?” I question her confused.
“Oh you are.” She says smiling at me.
“Wait then…that means…”
“You’re having twins!” Lacy yells and hugs me.
“Oh my god. We are having twins.” I repeat. Not sure how Patrick is going to feel about this.
.
.
I walk back into the house and head into the kitchen where I see Patrick.
“What did the doctor say?” He ask with a lot of attitude and I cross my arms.
“Do you even care or are you just asking to spite me?” I ask.
“Oh let me guess. Nothing is wrong. Big surprise.” He says and I look at him astonished.
“Are you drunk still or high? Why are you acting like this?”
“You aren’t the only one who is affect by the pregnancy Tatum.”
“Do you even want this baby?” I ask and he gives me a dirty look.
“How could you even ask that Tatum?! Of course I do! That’s my child too!”
“Ah!” I groan, growing frustrated. I push past him and head up stairs. I pull out a suit case and start throwing the things I will need in it.
“What are you doing?” Patrick ask as he walks in as I’m almost done packing. “Tatum, where are you going?” Patrick’s voice gives in and you can hear the fear.
“I’m going to visit Erika and your family for a couple days. I’ll meet you in L.A. for the Ellen show. We wouldn’t want people thinking everything isn’t perfect for you, now would we?”

Patrick’s POV.

I really don’t understand what the hell is wrong with her today. She seriously needs to take a fucking chill pill.
I pick up my phone and call Corey.
“What’s up man?” He ask.
“Hey what are you doing tonight?” I ask and he laughs.
“Nothing that I know of. If the wife really going to let you go out again? It will be like what? The fifth time this week.”
“She doesn’t care.” I lie. “We are celebrating.”
“That we are! I’ll pick you up at nine!” He says and hangs up.
.
.
Tatum’s POV.

Erika picks me up from the airport and knows right away that something isn’t right.
“What’s going on?” She ask as we start to drive to her parent’s house.
“Ok, I don’t want to sounds like a bitch so I’m using the pregnant excuse.” I warn her and she laughs. “Patrick has come home past 4 am, four nights out of the last six. He is hung over the whole next day. He has been rude and such a fucking douche lately! I told him something felt off today and that I wanted to go to the doctor but he fucking yelled at me!”
“Well he does have quite the party issue… I know he loves you thought Tatum…”
“But Erika I went to the doctor with Lacy! When I got back Patrick didn’t even give me a chance to tell him what the doctor said. I just.. I needed to get out!”
“What did he doctor say?” She ask, looking from me and back to the road multiple times.
“I’m having twins.”
.
.
“Kaner!” Andrew says as I walk into the crowded club.
“What’s up guys?” I ask and get a drink handed to me right away.
“Tatum’s good with you being out?” Jonathan ask and I shrug.
“She is asleep at home. She is fine.” I lied. Why would I lie to John! He is dating Lacy! He probably already knows what’s going on. And by the slight shake of his head… he does.
A few shots later and a couple beers down I was relaxed and care free! We cheer on a few girls dancing on a table and before I know it, I’m also standing on the table with my arm around girl and a bottle of alcohol in the other. With as much fun as I was having, I never saw the photographer ten feet away.