I Do

I know I Shouldn't

“I don’t want to do this.” I tell Lacy as we sit in the parking lot. I’m procrastinating because I don’t want to go into the game.
“What? Come on Tatum. It will be fine. You have me there.”
“Yeah but I just mean, it’s going to be so hard lying to all these women.”
“You never know Tatum, they could be total bitches and it won’t be that hard to lie to them. Just be brave. Come on.” She says and practically pulls me out of the car. We walk in through the private entrance and I follow my directions up towards the wives box. The security guard lets us in and when we walk through the door I feel all their eyes on us.
A pretty blonde walks up to us with a warm smile on her face and she gives off a welcoming feeling.
“Hey! You must be Tatum Kane! I’m Kelly-Rae, Duncan Keith’s wife. It’s so great to meet you.” She says and pulls me into a hug.
“Oh, thank you.” I tell her with honest eyes. “This is my best friend Lacy.”
“Hi Lacy. So glad you could join us! Come on over here, Patrick talked to Duncan so I made sure to save you two seats by me.” She really was sweet and I knew I had made at least one new friend today. “I normally bring Colton but he is with the nanny tonight. He is only 18 months.” She gushes about her baby and I can’t help but smile.
“I can’t wait to meet him one day.” I tell her.
Next to Kelly-Rae was a pretty brunette who reaches over and shakes our hands. “Girl this is Abby, Patrick Sharp’s wife. Abby, this is Tatum Kane and her friend Lacy.”
“It’s great to meet you girls! Tatum I just have to say, the fact that Kaner loves you so much, it’s just heartwarming! We have never seen him so loving with anyone before.” She says and gives my heart a squeeze.
“I just wanted to say how reassuring it is that I made two new friends so quickly. I was so scared I wouldn’t get along with anyone.”
“Oh honey trust us… They aren’t all nice.” Kelly-Rae says and Abby raises her drink to cheer it and Lacy and I both laugh.
“Just ignore anything negative that they say. Trust me, we have our fair share of gold diggers in here.” Abby whispers and I giggle.
The game starts and I slide right into our little group with a couple of the other wives and I cheer extremely loud for Patrick when he gets a goal in the second period and then we go into the last intermission. Dayna, Brent Seabrook’s wife is also sitting in our little group.
“I can’t believe he married her. I mean out of everyone.”
“Do you think that’s why he wouldn’t go out with Alyssa?” Another girl ask, sounding a little pissed off.
“Yeah because some gold digging blonde the whole time.”
I look at Kelly-Rae and Dayna and they look back with sad eyes.
“You don’t have to take their shit.” Abby says and I nod.
“It probably won’t even last that long. I mean they didn’t even have a wedding. She is probably pregnant.” I hear and that’s it. I don’t have to deal with their shit. I stand up and turn around.
“I don’t know who the hell you think you are talking about us that way but our lives are none of your business!” I tell them and they give me a dirty look. They really are gold diggers, that much was clear. Why would the guys even go around these types of girls?
“Listen here… We can talk about whatever we wish! You’re the one who came out of nowhere!”
“Because I didn’t need all the attention. We didn’t want a wedding because I have no one to invite because all my family is dead! I’m not pregnant either. I didn’t entrap him girls! That may be your way of doing things but it isn’t mine!” I bite back and they look at me with wide eyes and shock on their faces.
“How dare you.”
“No. How dare you! How dare you assume you know something about someone you have never met! I married Patrick because he is the love of my life! No other reason.” I yell and then turn back around and sit in my seat.
“Good job. Now no one will mess with you.” Abby says and reaches over to give my hand a squeeze.
“It’s actually a good thing you made a stand right away. Now everyone knows you’re a boss.” Kelly-Rae gives me a wink and I nod.
“What can I say…”
“She hasn’t always been so boss bitch like though.” Lacy says and we all laugh. “Marrying her true love helps.” Lacy throws in and the wives all ‘aww’.
.
.
After showering and getting ready for bed, I sit in the living room and turn the TV to E!. It’s in the middle of the Chelsie Lately show when the door opens and Patrick comes walking in. He walks into the living room wearing his slacks and button down dress shirt with the tie missing and the first three buttons undone. Dam was he looking good. I can’t help but be attracted to my husband. He leans against the wall with his arms crossed and a smile on his face.
“So I heard my wife ripped the gold diggers a new one.” He says with a smile. “I’m so proud of you Tate!” He says and before I know it I’m in his arms and he is hugging me tightly. “I knew you would be just fine!” He says and pull apart just enough so we look at each other. His eyes dance across my face and land on my lips before going back to my eyes. His lips touch mine softly and it’s not what I expect. Its sweet and loving and it feels like it’s filled with love. Even though I know I shouldn’t, I really like it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?