I Do

Love Does Crazy Things

“Hey, I made you lunch.” I tell Patrick as he walks into the kitchen after practice.
“Hey! Looks good!” He says and leans in for a quick kiss before grabbing both our plates and carrying them over to the table. I grab us two waters and go and take a seat next to him. It’s been a week since the kiss and we almost seemed like a newly married couple. So caught up in bliss people would never know what’s really going on. I almost feel as though we are a normal couple, even though we aren’t. “We leave tomorrow for a week long road trip.” He tells me and I nod. He takes a bite of his sandwich and moans. “Babe this is so good.”
“So where are you going?”
“The Penguins, the Avalanche and the Blue Jackets.” He says and I nod. “What are you going to do for a week?” He ask, looking like he was thinking hard about it.
“Abby, Kelly-Rae and Dayna invited be to be a part of the WAG group.”
“That’s great Tate! I’m so proud of you!” He says and leans over to kiss my cheek.
“Thanks.” I blush, “We have a meeting while you boys are gone and we going to work on some fundraiser things for the Children’s Hospital.”
“I love it when they do that. I love visiting the kids.” He says and I can’t help but admire the joy on his face when he talks about the kids.
“I’m going to miss you though.” I admit and he gives me a smile.
“I’m going to miss you too Tate.” He says and pulls me into a hug. “I things happened really weird and it’s only been about a week and a half but… I don’t regret any of hit. I mean everything happens for a reason though right?” He ask with a smirk as he picks up our plates and takes them to the sink.
“Right.” I agree with him. “So what do you want to do for the rest of the day?” I ask him, leaning against the counter.
“Well honestly, I’m worried about you being alone Tate.” He says and I see the sad look on his face. “I know things are still hard and… I don’t know.”
“Can Lacy stay with me when you travel?” I ask with hopeful eyes and he gets a grin.
“Babe that’s a great idea! That way you won’t be alone.” He says and I nod.

Patrick’s POV
“Shoot it!” Jonathan yells and I take the winning shot. We beat the Avalanche 4-3. We celebrate on the ice and then head to the locker room. I rip my gear off and lean against my stall. I run a hand over my hair and sigh. I hear my phone beep and I pull it out and smile when I see her name.
Tater Bater: Hey! Congratulations! That was an amazing shot! So proud of you.
“Aw is somebody missing their wifey?” Sharp jokes and I shrug.
“Maybe I am.” I say with a smirk.
“Who would have guessed, Kaner all lovey dovey and shit!” Duncan says and I nod. “Kelly-Rae told me Tatum is taking really well to the WAG life. She said she is super sweet and all the wives really like her.”
“That’s good to hear. I know Tatum is enjoying it. It keeps her busy.” I tell them.
“She quit her job huh? What happened?” Corey ask and I look at Jonathan. John knew what happened right away because he is my best friend.
“She was getting a lot of shit and it was getting to her. We decided she didn’t need to deal with that shit.”
“Yeah but then she still had to deal with it at her first game.” Duncan spits out and Jonathan and I both give him a warning look.
“What are you talking about?” Corey asked.
“I’m surprised Amber didn’t tell you.” Duncan spits out. I don’t know what’s been going on with them but I have a feeling it has to do with Duncan’s wife Kelly-Rae and Corey’s girlfriend Amber.
“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” Corey ask, getting a little defensive.
“Drop it. Both of you.” Jonathan says and I nod.
“It doesn’t matter guys. Let’s shower and get out of here.” I announce and they nod.
We get back to the hotel and Jonathan and I head straight back to our room.
“No clubbing for you?” He ask and I shake my head.
“Nah, we have to wake up early.” I say and he shakes his head with a small laugh.
“Never stopped you before.” He says and lays back on the bed. “Married life sure is changing you man.”
“Yeah maybe it is.”
“You are really starting to like her aren’t you?” He ask with a smile and I nod.
“It’s a little strange man. I really do like her. It’s like we just clicked. Like we got to skip all the bull shit and just got married and… I don’t know. It’s crazy.”
“Love does crazy things my friends.”
“That it does.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you're liking it