I Do

Babe I'm Patrick Kane

I slowly move out of bed and try my hardest not to wake Tatum up. But I slightly fall. She rolls right into my spot and hugs my pillow. I can’t lie. It makes me smile.
“Patrick?” She ask, and I smile down at her.
“I have to morning skate. I’ll be back in a few hours.” I tell her and she nods. I kiss her head and head to the closet to get changed.
I get to morning skate and I still feel half asleep.
“Late night Kaner?” Duncan ask making a few of the guys laugh.
I just smile and shrug.
“His wife is hot.” Niklas says.
“Yeah she is my wife. So eyes off!” I tell him and they laugh again.
“How are things going?” Jonathan ask me, coming and sitting by me while he tied his skates.
“They are good. Actually they are really good. I’m glad it happened.” I tell him and he pats me on the back with a smile.
“I’m happy for you man.” He says and then we finish getting ready. I wanted to have a good morning skate because we have a game tonight and my beautiful Tater Bater will be there.
Oh god… I’m in deep.
.
.
Tatum’s POV.”
I get dressed and head out to the Ice Box. I was picking up Lacy and we were going shopping. Patrick had made me promise to come out and by some new things when he saw how little I had packed. I grab my bag and walk into the bar and she gives me a wave.
“I’m off in five.” She says and hands me a coke. I nod and she gets back to finishing her shift. The five minutes is uneventful and soon enough we are at the mall. “So hockey boy handed over his credit card?” She jokes and I nod. “He give you a limit?” She ask and I give her a scolding look.
“He knows I’m not going to use that much. I’m just going to get a few things.” I tell her and she laughs.
“Oh I’m sure.” She jokes and we continue to look around.
“What about this?” Lacy ask, she holds up some sexy lingerie and I blush. “What, it’s not like he hasn’t seen you naked.” She says and I look away.
“Wait…”
“Well he saw me in my bra last night but we haven’t… you know.” I say and she laughs.
“You’re husband is so hot! And you haven’t even…”
“SHH!” I yell at her and she laughs.
“Oh well then you are definitely getting this… oh and this!” She says grabbing something else that could barely pass as lingerie and throws it on the counter. “He is going to be thankful that I’m your best friend.”
“Oh yes I’m sure he will.” I roll my eyes as I swipe the card and she giggles in excitement. We make our way to another store and I actually find a few cute outfits, more suitable for day life.
After we get a few things we load up the car and head back to Patrick and mine’s house. “We have to be extremely quiet. Patrick is taking his nap.” I tell her in a whisper and she nods. We pull things out of bags and cut the tags, laying everything out on the couches so we can see everything that we purchased.
“You excited for the game tonight?” She ask me quietly and I nod.
“Yeah, it will be nice to have him home for a couple days, they have another two away games next week.”
“I can stay again if you’d like.”
“I would like that very much. This apartment is so big and you know how I hate being alone.”
“That I do.” She seems to think about something, “Why don’t you get a puppy!” She says excitedly.
“I don’t think a puppy is the answer.” We both jump when we hear Patrick’s voice and we giggle when we see him the entrée way to the living room. “At least not in this apartment. Why don’t you girls concentrate on house hunting while I’m gone?” He ask and Lacy and I look at each other with wide eyes. I look back to him and nod.
“Yeah? Yeah! Ok!” I say excitedly and he walks over and pulls me into a hug.
“We can go over details later.” He whispers in my ear before kissing my cheek and pulling away to look all the items on the couch. “Alright so what did I buy?” He ask with a laugh.
.
.
He pulls my legs up over his lap and puts one arm over my shoulders pulling me in close. They won the game but we had no desire to go out.
“Ok so about those details…”
“You really want to buy a house?” I ask in amazement and he smiles.
“Yeah I think it’s a great idea. I mean I know we need to wait to start a family but why not get the picket fence and the dog before the babies right?” He jokes and I laugh.
“Ok, so about those details then.”
“Well I want to know what your dream house is.”
“Well, I want something that is traditional. I want it to be a home. Maybe six bedrooms. That would give each of four kids a room plus a spare bedroom… wait we are still planning like a married couple right?” I ask and look up at him embarrassed.
He laughs and nod, “Yes babe we are.” Keep going. He says and kisses my head.
“Oh okay then. Well it needs an open kitchen to a dining room, I love the open floor plan and a game room for the kids and a memorabilia room for you, and I guess that could be like a man cave thing.” He nods with a smile on his lips. “I want a big backyard too.”
“Well you find it in Chicago and we will get it.”
“What if you get traded?” I ask with sad eyes.
“Babe I’m Patrick Kane. They are trading me anytime soon. Just like they aren’t trading Jonathan.” He reassures me and I nod.
“Then next time you go away I’ll start looking. And then can we get a puppy?” I ask and he laughs again.
“Yes Tate. Then we can get a puppy.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey I just want to let the few of you comment know, it really does help me write more:)
I have some big plans for this story and I really have a good feeling:)