Status: Thanks to the people who read or have read it. I owe you guys (:. Also seen on TrickyCookieKid - Deviantart & DecaydanceGurl - Live Journal

I'm Half Doomed & You're Semi-Sweet

Teenage Years

This was really bad. I was standing outside a now closed dairy, watching the sun disappearing behind the horizon and I had to walk home in the dark. This could not be happening. I scratched my cheek in frustration, feeling light bristly hair. So yeah, pretty much ever since I'd turned 16 a month ago, these sideburns were growing, beginning to irriate me. My ginger hair was now short and strawberry blonde, fitting snuggly under my cap. My skin had stayed pale and so far I hadn't lost my baby face.

I bit my lip as I put my geeky styled computer glasses on and fiddled with my Blackberry in one hand and the bottle of milk in the other. I could ring mum, but I wouldn't want to put her in the danger of the night. For I now knew why the city had a curfew for the night. Vampires lurked the dark shadows and alleys, preying on the fresh blood of the humans that lived here. Now all those movies that I'd seen about the apparent 'fictional character' or 'myth' was true. I'd never had a vampire experience, but I'd seen them while looking out my bedroom window in darkness. They were perfect beauty and supernatural at it's best. I didn't know much about them or how to tell the difference. On TV lots of people had been caught for being mistaken that they were a vampire. I'd been told about vampires when I turned 13. That was the age, old enough to know better. I guess that's when you started to grow, change and learn about stuff that never really concerned you in your young days.

I pushed the bridge of my hat, lower over my eyes and put my hood over the top. I put my hand, holding my Blackberry into my hoodie pocket and began my journey into the defenseless night. I kept close to the streetlights, it was a rule if you ever were out this late. Plainly I had broken my curfew. If I died it was my fault. Sounded harsh, but it was the way it was.I kept my head down, walking fast through the streets. I walked with long powerful strides, wanting to get home badly. I gulped deeply as I saw a movement on the corner of my eyes, hiding in the shadows. Okay so I'd been careless, my blunder. I had left it till late. Really should have listened to mum.I half-heatedly wanted to know what it was like to be a vampire and what it was like to be the victim. Either way was demented thinking. We had no one to protect us from the blood drinkers which only caused more fear. So bad was my urge to look into the shadows, but that would give them an advantage so I kept my head down.

I slightly looked up and jerked to a halt. Keeping out of the light, huddled against the wall was a person. His knees were pulled up to his face and his black clothes were blending into the wall. I'd learnt not to talk to strangers, especially in this city. The cops didn't do a thing, since not all of them were on our side, but for some reason I had stopped a few inches away from him and felt the need to adress my presence.

"Hello" I said, feeling quite nervous and unsure.

Was he hurt or injured? Had a vampire chased him here? The boy moved slightly and let out a loud sniff, like he'd been crying. His arms covered his face, so it was well hidden.

I slowly kneeled down beside him and tried again."Are you okay?" My hand in my pocket was slightly trembling for some reason.

The boy slightly looked up. A dark brown eye, glowed under a red streaked fringe."I'm fine" a hoarse whisper came from the boy "What are you doing out late?"

Very good point. I sighed "I went to the diary". Wow that sounded pathetic.

The boy then looked fully at me. His skin slightly tan, but paler. Dark brown eyes, slightly lined with eyeliner, not enough to hide the shadows under his eyes. He had dark, dark brown short and slightly spiked hair.

He blinked at me a few times as if trying to figure something out.

"I know I'm at risk" I mumbled, sitting on the ground next to him.

I put the milk next to me. If I didn't know any better I'd say he was studying me, eyes slightly frowned and washing over my face."What are you doing out?" I asked, staring at the tree across the road

"Waiting" he whispered, sitting up.

His nose twitched which I thought was slightly funny and nodded, deciding it was probably safer here. My eyes drifted up the road in hope maybe someone had dared to tackle the night. Suddenly there was warmth on my neck. A breath, soft lips and almost a nibble.

"HEEY" I snapped, jumping almost a mile into the air and glaring at this creep. Ewww, yuck. People these days. Just jumping to conclusions and your relationship stratus.

I rubbed my neck against my shoulder and this creepy boy just stared at me, all natural and composed.

"Sorry" he whispered through ruby red lips, eyes slightly darker than I had remembered. Weird.

"What the hell was that about?" I snapped, face burning and not controlling the words that escaped "I don't even know who you are. If your trying to hit on me HA your extremely mistaken, dude. Your far from my type" I said the last few words with pure sarcasm.

"Patrick" a deeper voice said.

I looked at the boy with complete horror. How did he know my name? He was probably a freaky stalker or obsessed person. Those footsteps outside my window were probably his. The thought caused a shiver to run through me.

"Excuse me" I growled "How the hell do you know my name?"

"Trick, it's me".

That nickname shoved a knife into my heart so suddenly I gasped, letting memories escape.

"Pete" I whispered.

A smile broke out, across his face and showed those perfect teeth and pointy canines which seemed slightly sharper. His face brightened up.I leaned against the streetlight for support. It couldn't be, for so long. This was impossible.

"Missed you and your smell" Pete snickered "You have changed quite a bit. Didn't realise at first".

I let my glasses slide down my nose and blinked a few times at him in disbelief.

"Gonna give me a hug or shall I?" Pete said, already with his arms around me.

I let out a gagged wheeze as Pete hugged me a little too tight. He sure was tougher than I remembered. He let me go and looked at me with wide, excited eyes.

"Where have you been..." I went to say, but stopped as he spoke.

"After your mum threatened me" Pete chuckled "I ran to mum and dad crying, lying that a dog had scared me".

I just stared at him. I couldn't believe it. I seriously thought he would have ran off and told his parents the truth. He'd changed so much from the kid I saw on the curbing well he still had that habit. In ways people would say he'd gotten more handsome and his voice deep.

Pete looked at me with a raised eyebrow "You look surprised" he said, quietly.

I shook my head and realised I must have been doing that stupid surprised look. I sat on the ground again, trying to calm my pounding heart. Pete sat next to me.

I took my glasses off and placed them on my knee, then began furiously rubbing my eyes. Pete quickly grabbed my glasses and spun them around by the frames.

"Don't do that" I growled, rubbing my eyes more, just thinking how much they cost.

Pete laughed "You don't need these, they cover your beautiful eyes" he looked at my eyes "Which I must say have gotten greener".

Pete put them on. He did in one way suit them."Wow, no wonder your eyes are bad, these are blurry".

I rolled my eyes "I have bad eyesight, okay".

I really didn't need to go into explaining short sighted. Pete smiled and began throwing them into the air. I gasped.

"Don't, those are prescription glasses" I shouted, hearing my voice cut into the night while making a grab for my glasses.

He stopped and held them higher so I couldn't reach no matter how much I tired. I was quite pissed now. I jumped at his arm and fell on top of him, struggling to reach. Pete burst into laughter which made me freeze. He elbowed me in the chest as I lay still. I let out a loud winded gasp. That hurt like hell. I finally grabbed his wrist and pried the glasses from his cold fingers. Somehow I think he was going easy on me.

I put them on and smiled at Pete who was grinning at me, widely. He put his hand out and stroked my cheek, along where my sideburns would be. His touch made my hair stand on end, his hand was quite cold."And what do we have here?" Pete said, smirking "Growing hair on your cheeks?".I pushed his hand away. Somehow it felt nice, but in another way it made me feel creeped.

"Sideburns" I mumbled, grabbing the milk.

He tilted his head to an angle as if he didn't understand.

"I better go" I said, standing up, noticing how quite the street was "It's really late".

"I'll come with" Pete said, jumping up, suddenly seeming alert.

I smiled, not feeling as scared as I probably would had if I braved the night alone.

We walked along the deserted roads, keeping our ears and eyes open for trouble. Pete seemed pretty confident that he could attack any vampire who threatened us. He looked quite strong, but I didn't know how I'd react to an ambush.The quietness was scary and I suddenly felt hungry. I gave an embarassed look as my stomach growled loudly. I guess it was well over dinner time.

"You hungry? Pete questioned.

"Yes" I replied "Should we get something to eat? There's one restaurant around here who stays open through everything".

"No, it's cool" he said, nervously "You wouldn't like what I eat anyway. No normal person does or would".

I smiled, remembering all his weirdness. Guess he hadn't grown out of it yet. The thing that separated him from other kids in this city.

"So you got friends?" Pete asked.

I sighed not knowing how to answer "Sort of I guess. Not ones I'd put my life in their hands though "I hesitated "I'm still your best mate, right?" I was hoping, but I wasn't jumping to conclusions.

"Of course" he said, punching my arm lightly "That's never gonna change. I have friends who come and go like the wind".

I let out a relived breath. I looked around and noticed we were walking up the street that I lived on. The houses with familiar styles and looks.

Pete walked on the curbing "I remember doing this as a kid while wondering around".

I still remembered the night we had first met. Alot like this night.

He walked me straight up to the door. He studied my house carefully as if it had changed in some way. Ten years had pasted since we'd last met. It had seemed like forever.

"Wanna come in?" I asked, knocking on the door slowly.

Pete was staring at our half-finished fence. He jerked his head around towards me, giving a strange look I'd never seen.

"No, it's fine" he said, nervously "I must get back. It was great to meet you again. It was lonely in this city".

I suddenly felt sad. I knew there had been something missing from my up-bringing. I really wanted to talk to him about my years growing up and what had happened. We'd missed out on so much. And somehow I didn't think Pete was telling me everything.

"Aww okay" I said, trying to hide my disappointment, but Pete must have heard it.

"Don't get upset dude" he said, hugging me again "We'll see each other again soon, jezz".

I buried my face into his shoulder. It smelt quite nice actually. Very weird, but I felt so safe and cared for. I had a friend for life. He pulled away and jogged up the street, blending into the blackness.I knocked on the door a few more times, impatiently. Mum always took her time.But when was soon?
♠ ♠ ♠
Of course the members of the bands obviously own themselves not me, but I do own the storyline and other characters