Forgotten

One of One

Heavy. Both my eyelids and arms felt so very heavy. My hands could barely lift themselves up to my eyes to rub the sleep from them. Fingertips felt numb as I gently pressed them against my eyelids, rubbing the sleep away from them. Did I fall asleep? I don't remember falling asleep, just pain...

It was all I could remember, all that I can remember. Not where I was. Not being awake, even. Just pain and darkness for far too long. The two went hand and hand together.

I licked my chapped lips as my eyelids started to open to a sight as equally dark. Had I gone blind? I couldn't see my shaking hands before me, letting them drop to my sides. My heart beat erratically; my head feeling light. The rushing of my blood was all I could hear.

Swallowing the bitterness that collected in my mouth, I pushed my tired body up from the floor, steadying my back on the wall that it had lent itself on to rest for so long. I just couldn't sit in the dark, waiting. I have been doing that for God knows how long, asleep, and no one came.

I took a few steps forward, feeling my way with hesitant hands. My hands came in contact with what felt like wiry hair. My breath hitched and legs I felt were going to give way took long strides. I ran blindly in the dark, bumping into objects and walls.

Somehow I burst through a door. And the next thing, I collided with someone.

She asked me if I was alright, and once my eyes adjusted to the light, my heart gave one painful beat at the confused look upon the face that looked so familiar. She did not remember me, but I remembered her. She was once so young. My, how she grown.

My darling Ib...
♠ ♠ ♠
So hard writing in a limit of 314 words.
Might expand on this one day.