Status: Updating every other day.

But We Were so Perfect

17

"Dinner!" I called from the kitchen. The aroma of spaghetti was filling the flat. Mikey and danny walked in and sat down at the island.

"looks great, nix." Danny praised. He spooned some fresh noodles onto a plate and then some sauce and last was the home made meat balls. As he turned to go back to the table, he gave me a quick kiss and smiled. "Thank you." Mikey was next and quickly got his food before i grabbed a plate and served myself.

"How was work?" Danny asked after taking a bite.

"It was fine, pretty busy, which is good." I answered. "Mikey made his first batch of cookies at the bakery today." I ruffled his hair as if he were a child and smiled at him as he glared.

after eating, i took both of their plates and glasses and set them in the sink. I turned the water on and started to wash the dishes. "Nix, let me do this" Mikey appeared beside me and grabbed the dish towel that was slung over my shoulder and slung it over his own. "You and danny have worked hard today so go an relax." I smiled and patted his back lightly.

"Thanks." He nodded and continued to to the dishes. I turned to leave and danny waited for me and i grabbed onto his bicep and we walked into the living room and cuddled on the couch, watching the cats wrestle.

Mikey came back about 20 minutes later and scooped up tux in his arms and carried him like a baby to the chair and set the tired cat in his lap. Tux kneaded his thighs before dropping into the warm lap. I chuckled at the two. Tux warmed up to mikey almost immediately as did B.C, our second cat.

About two hours later, it was hard for me to keep my eyes open. I stopped being able to comprehend what movie we were watching awhile ago. Suddenly i was lifted from the couch and the blanket that was draped over me fell. I groaned at the sudden cold and clung onto the shoulders on the person that was carrying me.

After a moment of being carried, i was placed on a soft bed. The person tried to pull away, but i couldnt let go. "Nixon, you have to let go so i can get ready for bed." Danny's voice came. I let go, but his weight was still over me. "Nix, let go."

"I jus did." I mumbled. I heard him chuckle and he grabbed my hand and pried my hand off of the collar of his shirt. His weight left my side and i heard him moved around before the bed dipped behind me and his arm wrapped around my waist.

I felt his lips on my cheek and heard him whisper "i love you". I tried to say it back, but it just came out as a mumble.

I was woken by a non-stop ringing. I groaned and ran my hand along the bed until i found my phone. I turned the alarm off and laid in bed for a few minutes before turning around to face danny. I poked his nose and he groaned. I shook him a few times before he grabbed my hand and made me stop.

"What?" He mumbled. I chuckled and kissed his lips and he lightly kissed back. "its time for work." I whispered. He groaned and let my hand go and pulled me closer to him.

"I dont want to go to work today" He mumbled "can we just stay home and relax."

"You can, but i cant" I said "both workers are out today at the second bakery and i cant leave mikey to take care of everything." he sighed and opened his eyes.

"Just stay home, danny" I said "You have all of your things and its way too crappy outside for the builders to work." He nodded and kissed me before letting me go.

"Ill be back around my usual time." I said. i lent down and kissed his forehead before walking out of the bedroom. I walked into the kitchen to make breakfast and was surprised to see that mikey was already up and making a bagel.

"Morning." He said when he noticed that i came in.

"Hey, im surprised to see you already up." I reached over him and grabbed a cinnamon and raisin bagel.

"Yeah, for some reason i woke up before my alarm." He said. I shrugged and put my bagel in the toaster.
------- one month.

"Can you please just stay home?" I begged. "You havent been home at all recently and its because you started that third project. I thought you were going to wait until your other houses were done."

"Nix, ill just be home late" Danny said over the phone "Its not like i havent done this before, i had to take up this project because if i waited any longer to start it, the client would have moved to a different company."

"Danny, the last time you started staying late every night, it almost cost us our relationship." He was silent for a moment before i heard him sigh.

"Im not going to let that happen, nixon." He said "I come home as soon as i can, im just going to be late."

"I might be asleep, if youre hungry when you get back theres pizza in the fridge."

"Thank you baby" He said "Ill see you when i get home."

"See you then, bye."

"Nixon wait" I heard him rush.

"What?"

"I love you." I chuckled and smiled.

"I love you too." We hung up and looked at the cats that were sharing my lap. I had my legs propped up on the coffee table and i was sitting on the couch mindlessly watching t.v. Tux was on my thighs was B.C was on my lower thigh and knee. Looks like im not going anywhere anytime soon.

Soon mikey came out of the shower and sat next to me. "Dannys going to be late?" He asked. I sighed and nodded.

"That man needs an intervention." I chuckled and shook my head.