Status: Updating every other day.

But We Were so Perfect

19

I tried to clear my tears as I waited for the door to open, but was unsuccessful. The grey door suddenly opened and Amy was at the door. "Nixon?" She asked worriedly. She placed her hands on my shoulders and let me inside.

Matt was sitting on the couch watching tv as she led to to her bedroom.

"What happened?" She asked when we were both sitting "why are you here? Why are you crying?"

"He hit me." I sobbed. She instantly had a blank look on her face before she started to look angry. "He what?!"

"I was on the couch and he went drinking with friends." I sobbed "he came back and tried to have sex and when I wouldn't be suddenly got mad and he slapped me." She suddenly got up, rage clouding her eyes.

"I'm going to fucking kill him." She hissed. She was about to leave the room when I grabbed her arm and held her back. She glared at me, but sat back down.

Soon she calmed down enough to be rational. "What should we do?" She asked.

"Wait until morning." I mumbled. My crying stopped, I just felt tired and my face felt tight from crying. I just want to go to be. "If he realizes what he did and if he cares about it, he'll call." She nodded her head sadly and walked me to the guest room. I curled up under the covers and she leant down and kissed my forehead.

After leaving, I got up and closed the door and locked it, putting a chair under the knob. Just in case.
-
I woke up to my phone ringing. I grabbed it and answered the call without even seeing who it was.

"Hello?" I asked, my voice cracky from just waking up.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" I sighed at hearing the voice that wasn't Danny's.

"It's fine, what's up Jaime ?"

"Sorry, I was just wondering if you wanted to hang out." He said "I have the day off and I haven't seen you in forever."

I smiled "it has been a while, but I'm not in the 'hang-out' mood right now."

"Oh, sorry to hear that." He mumbled "do you want to talk about it?"

"Just relationship problems." I mumbled, not wanting to go any deeper. He seemed to understand.

"I see" he mumbled. "Well if you ever want to talk, I'm here." I smiled.

"Thank you, Jaime" I said. "I'll talk to you soon, we should hang out soon."

"Yeah definitely, I hope everything works out."

"Me too." I sighed "bye."

"Bye." I hung up and laid in bed for a while. The knocking on the door broke the staring contest I was having with the ceiling. "Nixon, breakfast is ready." I sighed at Amy's sweet voice and sat up in bed.

"I'll be right out!" I called. I rubbed my face and slowly got out if bed.

After sitting down at the kitchen table, I saw that she was making my favorite kind of pancakes. Chocolate chip.

"You're the best." I said. She turned around and smiled at me. She shrugged "I know." She wink as I chuckled and looked down at my hands.
-
It took Danny all day to call and this just made me even more angry. It showed that maybe he just didn't even care to call me. When he finally called, it was four in the afternoon. I was sitting on the couch alone watching tv while Matt and Amy were at work. My phone rang and when I looked at the called ID it was Danny.

"Hello?"

"Hey baby..." He mumbled.

"What do you want." I could feel a tear run down my face.

"Can we not talk about this over phone? Can you come home?"

"I can, but I don't know if I want to."

"For Christ's sake Nixon I'm not going to hit you!" He snapped.

"I don't believe you."

"Please just come home, we need to talk."

"Is it going to be our regular talks about how you're going to so better and then you don't?"

"No, it's about how I think we need a break." He said "Please come home." I froze and stared wide eyed at nothing. Then the tears came. I hung up and curled into myself and buried my sad in my knees and cried.

A break?!
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys sorry this is so shitty, I'm in a rush to get to school and I just wanted to update. Sorry I didn't update yesterday, it's been pretty stormy here and I lost power during the night. Thank you for reading!