Status: Updating every other day.

But We Were so Perfect

31

The moment I saw Nixon and he looked up at me, the sense of love for him and the need to protect him suddenly hit me. I rushed over to him and crouched down to look at him with the light that was coming through on a window of a store near by.

"What happened?" I rushed. His nose was bleeding and he had a bunch of scratches on his arms and face.

"A bunch of guys." He whimpered.

"We need to get you to the hostipal." I said as I went to pick him up.

"No, no that's too much trouble." He groaned. "I'll be fine."

"Then come to my place, I'll clean you up." I offered, he didn't oppose the ideal so I gently got him to his feet and we walked the short distance to my car.
-
When we walked in and the two cats recognized Nixon, they came running over to see him. I heard Nixon let out a quiet sob and moved his arm off of my shoulder and kneeled on the ground. He sobbed as he picked up the cats and kissed them and pet them.

"I missed you guys so much." He cried. He looked up and around the flat and continued to cry. It was just the same as when he left.

"Nixon." I whispered. He looked up at me and I held out my hand.

"Let's get you washed up." He looked down at the cats and slowly nodded after a moment.
-
He sat on the bathroom counter and sat still as I carefully wiped the blood and dirt off of him. He wouldn't stop crying, even if he wasn't making a sound tears would run down his cheeks.

When I heard the door open in the living room I knew it must have been Michael.

"Danny!?" He called.

"In here!" When he walked in, he instantly frowned when he saw me.

"Why is he here?" I shot him a look to watch his mouth, "what happened?"

"Got beat up, I found him and took him here to get cleaned up."

"He's not staying the night is he?" I shot him another look. "I don't know, depends on whether we can get a hold of someone to get him."

"I can go home myself, I'll be fine." Nixon suddenly said as he moved my hand with the wet day away from his face, "thank you, Daniel." He began to limp to the living room and over to the cats to say goodbye.

"Who are you staying with?" I asked as I followed him to the door.

"Uh... A friend."

"Do you have your car?" He shook his head. "Nixon, just stay here for the night."

"No, it's fine Daniel" he said as he grabbed his jacket. "I don't want to be a burden."

"You'll be a burden by making me worry if you go out." I said Michael sent me a glare. "Just... Sleep in the guest room." He sighed and nodded.

"Fine, but I'm leaving early in the morning." He groaned. Michael huffed and stormed to the bedroom. I watched him leave and then an awkward silence set in between Nixon and I.

"Daniel, just go settle your boyfriend" he sighed "he's mad at you." I nodded after a silent moment and turned to leave.
-
When I woke up the morning after, I went to the spare bedroom and noticed that the bed was made and Nixon's shoes that were at the door were gone. I sighed and went to the kitchen and made pancakes for Michael and I and fed the cats.

I couldn't get my mind off of nixon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys sorry for the short and shitty and extremely later chapter. I have been over my head in homework and working out for crew. I go on break starting Wednesday this week though, so I'll give you guys another update that's better hopefully and longer again I'm so sorry!!