The Only Direction Is Up

The X-Factor

***July 10th, 2010***

A loud slamming of my bedroom door, followed by a screeching scream and thud on top of me, woke me abruptly. As I opened my eyes to see my twin sister Jen 2 inches away from my face.

"Can I help you?" I asked. partially awake.

"Do you know what day it is?" She replied excitedly.

I yawned and looked at my watch.

"Yeah...now get off me!"

She rolled off my bed and laughed. I began to stretch and rolled out as well. I began to gather my things to take to shower, when Jen rolled her eyes.

"What?" I asked.

"You do know what today is right?"

"Saturday?" I replied.

She began to laugh and walked out of my room. I scratched my head and looked over at my calender.

"Oh shit..."

Today was the day that we were going to try out for the X-Factor. I ran into the shower and changed as fast as I could. Jen waited downstairs in the living room, and began to laugh when she heard me almost fall down the stairs.

"You ready?"

I nodded and took a deep breath. We stepped out into the my car and began to drive to pick up the rest of the girls. First stop was Natalie. She and I had just graduated together with Jen this following year. She was only a little older than us, but was like an older sister to us. Second was Jess. She was 2 grades below us and was now entering into Junior grade in high school. We met her through her friend Tina. Tina was a grade lower than us. All together, you had Natalie who was 18, Jen and I who were 18 as well, Tina who just turned 17 and Jess who was 16. As Jess stepped in we began our drive to Manchester.

"How long until we are there?!" asked Jess impatiently.

"45 minutes..." I responded.

She sighed and put her headphones in. The drive there was pretty quiet, until we were looking for a place to park. All we could see were people upon people everywhere. Lined up inside and outside. I sighed and parked into the garage across the street. We all stumbled out of the car and headed towards the massive group of hopefuls. As we stood in line, I happened to briefly spot a young male with brown surfer style hair and blue eyes. He looked cute to me, yet when he looked over at me I looked away.

"Are you blushing?!" exclaimed Jen.

"Shutup!" I whispered.

She looked over and say the boy I was blushing about. She giggled lightly.

"He's cute..." She chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and kept my head down. Natalie continued to look ahead when a girl that looked like she was 14 came out crying.

"We're next..." Natalie stated.

I looked at Jen and she looked back at me. We walked into the building and were told to sit in a back room with 2 other contestants. They were both young males. One with curly brown hair and hazel eyes, the other with brown shaggy hair and brown eyes. Both Jen and Jess went completely red in the face as we sat down.

"Harry Styles..." stated the coordinator.

The curly haired boy stood up and sighed. He followed the coordinator to the side stage to get ready to audition. Jess began to turn back to to a normal skin tone. Jen on the other hand was still red.

"So what are you girls going to perform?" asked the boy still waiting.

"My Life Would Suck Without You by Kelly Clarkson." responded Tina.

"Ah...well good luck."

"What's your name?" blurted out Jen suddenly.

We all looked at her and she had the most cheesiest smile on.

"Liam....Liam Payne." He responded.

She giggled lightly and turned an even brighter red. At that moment the door opened and another 2 boys walked in. The one boy I recognized from the line. The other was a darker skin toned boy with brown eyes and buzzed shaven black hair. They sat down on the other side of us and smiled. The one I recognized smirked at me and looked down. Liam looked over at the two and greeted them.

"Hello...I'm Liam. What's your names?"

The darkened skined one looked up at him and then looked back at his hands. While the one who smirked at me responded first.

"I'm the Sassmaster from Doncaster" He laughed.

Liam looked at him confused.

"The name's Louis Tomlinson." He smiled, as he looked over at me.

"Liam...and I didn't quite get the ladies here names..."

"Natalie..." started Natalie, as she looked at the rest of us.

Tina had started to go pink in the face. So Natalie continued.

"This is Tina, twins Kate and Jen, and Jess."

"Nice to meet you ladies..." smiled Louis.

"My name is Zayn. Zayn Malik." piped up the other boy.

"Well now that we are all acquainted..." started Liam.

"Liam Payne..." stated the coordinator.

"Here I go..." sighed Liam as he walked to the side stage.

We all looked at each other. We knew what was coming next. We were to be the next performers. Louis looked at me and smiled. I looked at him and smiled back.

"Natalie Smith, Christina Sweeney, Jennifer Kennedy, Kaitlyn Kennedy and Jessica Johnson." stated the coordinator.

We all stood up. Took a deep breath and walked to the side stage. It was time to perform.