Only One

one

Caerwyn knew what he was getting himself into from the start. He knew that he was nothing more than a toy. He knew that the feelings he felt would never be reciprocated. He knew these things from the moment he laid his eyes on the alluring man who pulled into the parking lot of his favorite cafe on a beautiful motorcycle, but that didn't stop him from diving in headfirst. It was just something about his dark eyes that captivated Caerwyn, that lured him in. He couldn't help it. It wasn't his fault that this guy was so attractive and so mysterious. It definitely wasn't Caerwyn's fault that his heart skipped a beat at the sight of this guy and his stomach did ridiculous flips and somersaults. It wasn't his fault that he felt like this. It wasn't his fault that he fell in love with Everett.

Image


The leaves had fell from the trees leaving them naked and exposed as the temperatures began to drop. Caerwyn had been walking home from school and decided to stop at Cafe Cash Cow before he headed home. He ordered his usual: a blueberry muffin and a caramel macchiato. He made small talk with Ibis, a young girl with brilliant red hair who worked at Cafe Cash Cow. Caerwyn tends to come here so often they became acquainted rather quickly. Once Caerwyn had his muffin and drink he took a seat in a booth by the window, because he liked to stare absentmindedly out of the window. As he nibbled on his muffin and watched birds fight over crumbs outside of the window, his attention was immediately caught by a sleek, black motorcycle speeding towards the small café parking lot and pulling into a spot near the window.

Caerwyn stared in awe at the motorcycle. He didn't know what brand it was or anything about it at all. He didn't really know much about motorcycles, but he did know that it looked nice and expensive. He watched as the owner got off the bike. He looked like he was pulled straight out of a movie where he played the rebel, bad boy that the main girl falls in love with but her parents detest him because he's 'nothing but trouble'. He was definitely a bad-ass; he didn't wear a helmet. His hair was short and messy, he wore a leather jacket and he was tall. Caerwyn watched with his mouth agape as the man walk up to the cafe door. He looked up as the door opened and in walked Mr. Sexy Motorcycle Guy. Caerwyn couldn't help it as he continued to openly stare at the man as he walked up to the counter. and ordered. Caerwyn couldn't look away. This guy was just so....he didn't even know how to describe him. The guy was standing with his back against the counter as he waited and he made eye contact with Caerwyn. Caerwyn didn't know what to do. His heart was beating rapidly in his chest he though he'd might have a heart attack so he quickly looked away and picked at his forgotten muffin. He didn't want to look back up in fear that the guy was still looking. Though Caerweyn didn't know why he'd still be looking at him. He was nothing special. And this guy was so...so incredibly hot.

Taking a breath, Caerwyn bravely looked up from his muffin to stare at the motorcycle guy again. Bad idea or maybe it was a good idea otherwise he wouldn't have seen the man making his way over to Caerwyn. Or maybe it was a bad idea because now Caerwyn was panicking. Is he breathing funny or has he always wheezed like this? His heart thudded in his chest and his palms were beginning to sweat. What was he supposed to do? What was he going to say? Why was this attractive guy coming over to him of all people? Was it because he has caught Caerwyn string? Whatever the reason, Caerwyn didn't have time to think of what to do or say before the guy was standing in front of him. Caerwyn was a stuttering and fumbling mess and all the guy did was smirk at him. Caerwyn's cheeks were burning up and he knew that he was probably as red as a tomato or a fire-truck or a red crayon.

"Hey."

Caerwyn's breath caught in his throat at that moment. His voice was so smooth and deep and it made a pleasant shiver go through Caerwyn. He continued to trip over his words but managed to squeak out a 'hi'.

"Mind if I join you?"

Caerwyn couldn't get his mouth to form words for the life of him.

The stranger took a seat anyways despite Caerwyn's incoherent response. He took a sip of his drink and just stared at Caerwyn. His dark eyes studying every feature, every contour of Caerwyn's body-except what was hidden by the table. It made Cawerwyn really uncomfortable and he began to squirm in his seat.

"So, what's your name, gorgeous?"

"M-M-Me?" Caerwyn squeaked pointing a shaky finger to himself.

The stranger rolled his eyes and raised an eyebrow. "Who else would I be talking to?"

Caerwyn shrugged sheepishly. He was caught off guard being called gorgeous. No one had ever called him anything but his name, unless you count the jerks that liked to pick on him. "I-it's Caerwyn," he answered softly.

"Caerwyn? That's weird."

Caerwyn's cheeks heated up and he looked down at his lap where he had dropped his hands. "Um-what's your name?" He asked timidly peaking up at the stranger sitting across from him.

He sat his cup down and that smirk was on his lips again. "Everett."

"Everett," Caerwyn whispered quietly to himself. He looked down at this lap to hide the smile that was beginning to spread across his lips. When he raised his head up he saw Everett looking at him with a raised eyebrow. Caerwyn's cheeks He turned to look out of the window and stared at the motorcycle that belonged to the man sitting in front of him.

"Like what you see?"

Caerwyn jumped slightly and looked at the man across from him with that smirk still in place.

"Y-yeah. What kind is it? I don't really know much about motorcycles," Caerwyn answered looking back at the bike.

"2014 Raider SCL."

"Oh," Caerwyn said lamely. He didn't know if that was a popular brand, if it was the best. He did know that motorcycles were made differently just like cars were. "Its really nice."

"Want to take a ride on it?"

Caerwyn looked back at Everett with wide eyes. Did Everett just ask if he wanted to take a ride on his motorcycle? With Everett in the front and he would be behind him with his arms wrapped tightly around Everett.

No. He should've said no. His mother would disapprove just like the ones in the movie would. He didn't know anything about this guy except his name. Motorcycles were dangerous! Almost all of the motorcyclist he's seen in his life drove reckless, weaving in and out of traffic just because they were smaller than cars. And worst of all he didn't even have a helmet. If Everett wasn't wearing one he knew that he didn't have a spare one.

"S-sure," he agree.d God, why did he have to agree? Why couldn't he have said no? Why did he have to go to stupid Cafe Cash Cow and why did Everett have to be so damn attractive?


Image


But Caerwyn wouldn't change his decisions for anything. Smiling to himself, Caerwyn rolled over to snuggle closer to Everett but he wasn't there. Pouting, Caerwyn sat up and stretched just as Everett entered the room with a towel wrapped loosely around his hips. Caerwyn blushed but smiled at the sight nonetheless.

"Where are you going?" he asked quietly, almost reluctantly.

"Work," Everett answered simply as he dropped the towel and put on his underwear.

A blush coated Caerwyn's cheeks and he looked down at the sheet that covered him. Even though he has seen Everett naked countless times and vice versa, Caerwyn was still shy about it. And he was completely naked under the covers right now. He looked back at Everett as he pulled on a white v-neck.

"Do you have to?"

"Yes, Caerwyn," Everett sighed as he slipped on jeans that fitted him perfectly. He made his way back to the bathroom before Caerwyn could say anything else.

Caerwyn played absentmindedly played with the satin sheet that covered him as he laid in bed. He didn't even know where Everett worked. He didn't know much about him at all really except that he was twenty, he loved motorcycles, he lived alone and he actually took online courses. No offense, and Caerwyn didn't mean to judge him, but he thought that Everett was one of those people who didn't care about school at all. He could see him as the kid that got in trouble a lot, that skipped class and started fights. Maybe he was, but he still cared enough to continue his education. They didn't really talk about personal things. Actually, Everett hardly talked about himself at all. He'd usually ask Caerywn about himself or they'd talk about random stuff.

Everett's phone vibrated on the nightstand and Caerwyn reached over to grab it. It was a text. Caerwyn wasn't going to read it. He was going to take it to Everett but a familiar name caught his attention. Ibis. He quickly looked away, not reading the text, and stared at the white wall across from the bed.. Did Everett know Ibis? Did Ibis know Everett? Well, obviously or she wouldn't have text him. He does go to Cafe Cash Cow. That is where they first met, but they haven't been in a while. Not together at least. Caerwyn still likes to go sometimes. It is his favorite cafe, but it's also where he met Everett. Sometimes he likes to sit in that very booth and replay that day in his head. Oh, how he wish he hadn't stuttered so much, but Everett didn't seem to mind much.

Anyways, back to the problem at hand. Was it a problem? They could just be friends right? It's a small world after all...Caerwyn's hands began to shake as he thought of the worst. He let out a breath he didn't know he was holding in and looked back down at the phone. He shouldn't read it, but curiosity was getting the best of him because what could she want?

can't wait to see you bb. xo

Caerwyn's palms started to sweat as he reread the text over and over and over again. Did..did she just call his Everett...baby? What the hell? OK, Caerwyn, don't get ahead of yourself. Maybe it's nothing. She calls Caerwyn hon, babe, honey, sweetie, and love all the time. That's just how she was. But, but he couldn't help but think that this wasn't just a friendly ''baby'. His heart started to pound and his chest and his stomach dropped. He felt like he was going to throw up. Just than another text showed up.

love you more than you could ever know. xo

She loved him? Still it could be a friendly gesture. Friends tell each other that, but somehow Caerwyn knew it wasn't just a friendly gesture. He wondered if Everett told her he loved her. No matter how many times he tells Everett, he never says it back and they've been together for a year. But they weren't officially together. Everett never asked Caerwyn to be his boyfriend and Caerwyn wasn't bold enough to ask Everett.

Everett entered the room then and Caerwyn fumbled with the phone. "I-uh-um-you have a text," Caerwyn stuttered holding the phone out to Everett.

"Oh, thanks,' he said grabbing the phone from Everett's hand. Caerwyn watched him as he read the text. Everett looked up at him before stuffing the phone in his pocket. "I might be late tonight."

Caerwyn looked down at the sheet and began randomly picking at it. "Do your really have to go?"

Everett sighed and came to sit on the bed next to him. He put his hand under Caerwyn's chin and gently raised his head so that Caerwyn was looking into his dark eyes. He placed a gentle kiss to Caerwyn's lips.

"Yes, I do, because I want to shower you with presents and in order to do that I have to go to work. Don't worry I'll be back before you know it."

Caerwyn gave a small smile. "You know you don't have to buy me presents," he said softly.

"But I want to."
Everett placed another kiss to Caerwyn's lips. Caerwyn wrapped his arms around Everett's neck and pulled him closer. He couldn't leave now because Caerwyn just wanted to kiss him. Everett pulled away and Caerwyn let out a whine and grabbed on to his shirt tightly.

"Caerwyn," Everett warned.

Caerwyn's grip reluctantly loosened until he let go completely. He didn't want Everett to leave. He didn't know where Everett worked, but he knew Everett wasn't going to work. He was going to see Ibis. Whether it was a simple friendly get together or more, Caerwyn didn't care. He didn't want Everett seeing Ibis. He didn't want to share Everett.

"Hey, I'll be back soon okay?"

Caerwyn nodded as Everett placed a kiss on his cheek before leaving. For a moment Caerwyn just sat there. Maybe he should've just asked Everett about it. But Everett didn't talk about himself much so he probably wouldn't have given a straight answer. Caerwyn sighed and pushed the cover completely off his body. He stretched and made his way to the bathroom. He decided that he would go to the park for a walk...and maybe stop by Cafe Cash Cow for a snack.

Image


He was going to the park. Honestly. He was heading in the direction of the park, but this whole Ibis and Everett situation was just eating away at him. He just wanted to prove himself wrong. Maybe it was another girl named Ibis. Who loved Everett more than he'd ever know. Caerwyn shook his head and sped up his walking. But, what would he do when he get there? Yell at them? He couldn't even ask Everett about it earlier in plus he didn't like confrontation.

The walk to the cafe was further then it was when Caerwyn walked from the school or his house but he made it. His heart was hammering in his chest and his hand was shaking as he reached for the door. The door opened before he could pull it open as a group of teenagers came out. Caerwyn caught the door before it closed and stepped into the small cafe. His eyes scanned the cafe but he didn't see Everett anywhere. Ibis, however, was standing behind the counter. Maybe Everett wasn't going to see Ibis. Maybe it wasn't this Ibis. Caerwyn walked up to the counter, deciding to buy something.

"Hey, you, long time no see!" Ibis exclaimed.

Caerwyn gave a small smile and nodded his head. "Um..I'll just have a small caramel macchiato," he ordered.

"No blueberry muffin today?" she asked. Caerwyn just shook his head. Ibis turned around to start preparing the drink, but Caerwyn stopped her.

"You forgot the money," he said reaching into his pocket for the four crumbled bills he stuffed in before he left Everett's place.

Ibis just waved a hand at him. "I've got you," she said with a smile before preparing his drink.

"Thanks," he muttered. He wanted to ask her questions but they were just acquaintances. They weren't best friends or anything.

Caerwyn turned looking around the cafe when he saw a familiar motorcycle pull up in the spot it did the first time he saw it. His eyes widened and he quickly hid in the corner of the arch wall that went into the back of the restaurant where the comfortable chairs were. His heart was racing a mile a minute as he watched Everett get off his motorcycle. Everett entered the cafe and went straight to the counter.. He had a single rose behind his back and pulled it out when he was standing in front of Ibis. Her co-workers cooed. Caerwyn couldn't see what was happening now but he imagined the two were kissing when he heard someone yell 'get a room' and someone else tell Ibis to get back to work. Caerwyn's heart sunk at that moment. He kissed her. He kissed her. Everett kissed her. Caerwyn felt like throwing up now.

"Oh, hey, where did he go?" Ibis said suddenly.

"Who?" he heard Everett's beautiful deep voice ask.

"The short adorable blonde boy who just ordered this drink."

"The prick probably changed his mind.," Everett answered. Caerwyn imagined he shrugged as he answered.

"Well, do you want anything, babe?" Ibis asked.

"You." Caerwyn could practically hear the smirk in Everett's voice.

Tears were streaming down his face as this moment He wasn't in the mood for a macchiato anymore and he didn't care if Everett saw him. He couldn't stand it anymore. He knew from the start that Everett didn't love him like he loved Everett. He didn't know a lot about Everett but he knew that he loved him. He loved Everett even though Everett didn't love him. Now, he kinda wished he said no. He wish he'd never met Everett. No, he takes that back. He loves Everett. He just wishes things were different.

Caerwyn fled from his hiding place and went for the door, but Ibis caught him before he could escape.

"There he is!" she exclaimed. "Caerwyn, your macchiato!"

"Caerwyn?" He froze in his spot at the sound of that voice he fell in love with. He didn't turn around though. He didn't want Everett or anyone to know that he was crying. He wiped at the tears on his face in hopes that they would stop.

"You know him?" Ibis asked.

"Um-no. His name is just kinda...weird."

"Oh, I like it," Ibis giggled. "Hey, Caerwyn, sweetie, don't you want your drink?"

Did Caerwyn hear correctly? Did Everett just deny knowing Caerwyn? Caerwyn couldn't take it anymore. His body shook as he began to silently cry. He probably looked crazy to everyone, but he didn't care. His legs felt wobbly but he ignored it as he tried to reach his escape. One step and he fell to his knees letting out a choked sob.

"Caerwyn!"

He felt people crowding around him and arms were suddenly wrapping around him. They weren't the arms he wanted around him though They were feminine arms. They were Ibis' arms.

"Hey, hon, you okay?" she asked combing her fingers through his hair. He jerked away from her. "What's wrong, honey?"

"I-I w-want to hate y-you, b-but I can't. I want to yell at you and punch you and I want you to feel every bit of pain that I'm feeling right now," Caerwyn said through his tears.

"What're you talking about ,hon?" Ibis asked in confusion.

Caerwyn looked up his eyes coming in contact with those dark pools of brown that he fell in love with. Everett was staring at Cerwyn with an expression Caerwyn just couldn't decipher. The crowd around Caerwyn dispersed and it was just him, Everett and a confused Ibis.

"What's going on?" Ibis asked looking between Caerwyn and Everett.

"I dunno. Maybe he's delusional," Everett said shrugging.

Ouch. One insult after another "Why don't you just tell her the truth?" Caerwyn yelled as more tears welled up in his eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about, okay?"

Carewyn's heart was slowly breaking at this point. "I hate you, Everett. I hate you saw much!"

Caerwyn sobbed. but his heart was screaming: No, I don't. I love you so much Everett. But you're hurting me so much.

"Everett, what's going on?! Tell me, please!" Ibis said getting irritated.

Everett stared at the boy in front of him who was letting out heart-wrenching sobs. Though Everett would never admit it to anyone, his heart broke at the sight and at the sound of Caerwyn's broken cries.

Everett let out a sigh. "I've honestly never saw this boy in my life, now can we please get on with our lives?"

"If you don't know him how does he know your name, Everett?" Ibis asked exasperatedly.

"I don't know, maybe he's been stalking me or something. Look, Ibis, we have plans. Can we not let this kid ruin them?"

Ibis let out a sigh and rubbed Caerwyn's back. "Caerwyn, honey, are-"

"Don't touch me!" Caerwyn choked out. "Just leave me alone," he sobbed curling up into a ball.

"Ibis, what the hell is going on here?" Kirk, Ibis' boss asked coming to see what all the commotion was about.

"I don't know. Caerwyn's upset, but I dunno what's going on."

"Well, hurry up and settle this before I call the cops."

"There's no need, sir," Ibis quickly dismissed. "Caerwyn?" she asked softly.

"Hey, just get back to work, I'll deal with this," Everett said.

Ibis looked at Everett and then back at Caerwyn. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"Don't hurt him," she warned before standing up to go back to her shift so she can finish and spend the evening with her boyfriend.

Once Ibis was gone into the back Everett scooped Caerwyn up and took him outside. "I'm gonna need you to cooperate we're going for a ride, okay?"

Caerwyn wanted to protest, but he was exhausted from all of the crying and yelling. Everett handed Caerwyn a helmet, which he bought soon after Caerwyn expressed his concern of riding without one the first time Everett took Caerwyn for aw ride. Soon they were at a park that was near Cafe Cash Cow. Everett parked his motorcycle and Caerwyn pulled off his helmet as the two climbed off the bike.

"Are you dumping me off here?" Caerwyn asked softly, his voice hoarse from the crying and screaming he did moments ago.

Everett let out a sigh and ran a hand through his short hair. "Caerwyn, I can explain if you-"

"I don't want an explanation," Caerwyn interrupted. "I just-I just wanted you to love me back. I want you to feel how I feel about you."

"Caerwyn, you don't understand its complicated right now," Everett sighed as he ran a hand threw his hair again.

"What's so complicated? We've been together for a year now and you haven't even asked me to be your boyfriend. If you don't love me than why keep me around? If you have someone else why are we still together?"

"Just go back to my place and-"

"No! Because you're just gonna go back with Ibis and tell her all the things that you don't tell me and-and you lied to me. You said you were going to work and why-why don't you love me, Everett?"

Everett let out a sigh and opened his mouth to say something when his phone buzzed in his pocket. He pulled it out looking at the screen.

"Its her isn't it?" Caerwyn asked reluctantly..

Everett put his phone back into his pocket and looked at Caerwyn. He stepped forward and cupped Caerwyn's face in his hand and placed kisses on his lips. Caerwyn almost gave in but he placed his hands on Everett's chest and pulled away.

"You can't kiss me and then go off and kiss her too," Caerwyn said looking at his shoes. Oh, his shoelaces are untied.

"Caerwyn-"

"No, Everett. I don't know how the hell you were brought up but it's unnatural to be with two people at once. You can only choose one."

Everett bit his lip as he looked into Caerwyn's eyes. He pulled away completely and started walking towards his motorcycle. Caerwyn's heart was basically nonexistent now. He didn't know how he was still alive right now. Caerwyn couldn't believe it or maybe he could. Ibis was beautiful, so of course Everett would choose her. Everett stopped in his tracks and turned to Caerwyn. For a mere second Caerwyn thought Everett was going to confess his love for him or ask him why wasn't he following him.

Instead he said, "Caerwyn, I don't love you and I never will."

Everything froze in that moment as Everett's words repeated in Caerwyn's head. His eyes filled with tears and he just wanted to disappear. He watched as Everett got on his motorcycle and sped out of the park. Caerwyn dropped to his knees and sobbed in the middle of the park. His heart was definitely nonexistent now. Everett had broke it so many times today.

After a while Caerwyn stood on shaky legs deciding it was time to go before his mom started to worry when in reality he wanted to stay on the ground and cry until he disintegrated. As he began his walk he heard sirens in the distance and once he got closer to the scene he saw a couple of police cars a fire truck and an ambulance. He hoped that everyone was okay. But there was something that caught his attention and made him stop in his tracks: a motorcycle. Caerwyn's eyes began to water. No, he wouldn't jump to conclusions. He quickly pulled his phone from his pocket and dialed the number he's come to memorize. He didn't even know his mother's number by heart. He put the phone to his ear and his stomach dropped. No answer. But he just left the park right? Maybe he was still on his motorcycle and couldn't get to the phone?

Caerwyn moved closer his heart beating rapidly, his palms sweating. The paramedics were putting someone on the stretcher. Someone who looked very familiar. The color drained from Caerwyn's face and his stomach dropped. He picked up the helmet that was nearby as tears started to run down his face for the umpteenth time that day. He didn't care about the fact that he found out Everett was seeing his acquaintance; Ibis, or that he chose her over him. He didn't care that Everett denied having anything to do with him or that Ibis was completely oblivious. He didn't care that Everett has never told him that he loved him or that Everett made him cry so many times today. He didn't care about any of that right now. He still loved Everett and he just wanted him to be okay. Everett had to be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
I couldn't decide how to end this. But anyways I'm thinking about writing a full story about them....

spoiler: don't worry Everett's okay!