The Lake

the beginnings

"Kira!" she stopped in the middle of the hallway, the pair of footsteps getting closer. "How come you didn't stop the first time i called?" the blonde demanded, her hands on her hips.

"Sorry, I didn't hear you," she lied. Truth was she didn't want to talk to her. Tana was her lab partner for biology, and she let Kira do everything. She nodded as Tana talked to her, giving the impression that she was listening. Finally, when she did leave, Kira walked quickly to the door.

'Freedom,' she thought as she took a deep breath of air. She looked around the parking lot, scanning for any sign of the principal. She smirked as she pulled out her car keys, the parking lot completely empty of anybody, or so she thought. She walked to her car, which was strategically placed out of the view of the office, jabbing her finger on the 'unlock' button.

"And what do you think you are doing?" she heard a voice say. She spun around, fearing the worst. She came face to face with a boy around her age, medium height. His light sandy hair partially covered his eyes, which seemed to capture her. She let out the breath she didn't realize she was holding, eying the stranger curiously.

"I could ask you the same thing," she said evenly, a small smile spreading across his lips.

"I'm skipping. Whats the point of staying when I have one day left," she laughed shortly, her hazel eyes sparkling.

"I know what you mean, I can't wait for the graduation ceremony," the statement caught him off guard, but quickly covered it with a bigger smile.

"Your a senior too?" he asked, his one eyebrow rising questioningly. She nodded her head, suddenly suspicious.

"Whats your name?" she demanded, a strand of hair falling from behind her ear.

"Cameron Tollufsen," he replied holding his hand out. She looked at the hand, hesitating before shaking it.

"Kira Paulson."

"Nice to meet you Kira," he said, laughing. The corners of her mouth tugged in a smile.

"So where are you heading off to?" she asked indicating to the car key sticking out of his pocket.

"To the lake nearby," he replied, scratching the back of his head. "You want to go?"

"Ya, I'd like that," she said, smiling. He took his keys out, twirling them around his finger a couple times, his smile seemingly brightening the immediate area
♠ ♠ ♠
find out what the lake is like, and what might happen between the two in the next chapter