The Lake

Discovery

"I'll follow you," she commented as he got in his car, which so happened to be right next to hers. She opened the door of her red Mustang, starting the engine before closing the door. She took a deep breath and pulled the visor down, grabbing the picture of her mom before it fell. She looked at it for a little bit, placing it back where it was before putting the car into reverse. Cameron was waiting for her by the entrance, turning his right hand signal on when she got closer.

They took a series of twists and turns before he finally came to a stop on the side of the road. They turned their engines off, the only sound was the trees rustling in the breeze.

"Where's the lake?" she asked, looking around. He came closer to her, her adrenaline kicking into overdrive as he did.

'Oh god pleaso don't let him be a rapist,' she prayed silently. He reachoed out his hand and pulled away a bush, revealing a pathway. He went through, the bush snapping back in place. Curiosity overcame her as she followed him despite her inner alarms.

"Hurry up!" he called, snapping her into reality. She had to run a couple steps to catch up, eyeing him slightly.

"So where is this lake?" she asked, watching his reaction carefully.

"You'll see," was all he said. She hesitated in mid-stride, doubts running through her mind. She heard him humming silently, making her smile unconciously. All of a sudden he stopped, causing her to run into him. He looked down at Kira, his blue eyes sparkling with anticipation. He motioned her to go through the line of bushes, his eyes scanning her face.

KIra pushed through the buses, their branches reaching out to stop her. She stumbled out into a clearing, her breath catching in the throat.

"So? What do you think?" Cameron asked, stepping out of the bushes. She opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. Cameron came beside her, gazing at the beautiful scenery. They stood together, the lake shimmering in the sunlight. Blooming flowers covered the trees the surrounded the lake, bloking it from view of anybody who didn't know it was there. A single willow tree drooped in the water, its leaves skimmng the surface.

"Its georgious," she breathed, the two words couldn't even describe the view. He chuckled silently, walking to the shore of the lake. She followed, still drinking in the lakes beauty.

"I still don't know anything about you," Kira said suddenly, tearing her gaze from the lake. The question seemed to take him by surprise, his mouth parting slightly before shutting it again. He sighed as he sat down, resting his arms on his knees. Cameron looked up at her, his eyes smiling. He patted the ground next to him, looking back at the lake.

"What do you want to know?" he asked as she sat down. She let her breath out slowly, thinking of questions.

"Whats your favorite color?" she asked after a while.

"Blue and orange. You?"

"Dark blue. Favorite animal?"

"Dog," he said shortly.

"Cat." she replied laughing. They continued asking questions, both of them laughing and teasing eachother. Pretty soon Kira's phone started playing the 'Ghostbusters' theme song, earning a raised eyebrow from Cameron.

"Hello?" she asked, shrugging her shoulders.

"Where are you!" her dads voice boomed from the other end.

"I'm with a friend," she answered simply, placing her free hand behind her, trying to look calm.

"I want you home now," he demanded, the sound of laughter bursting in the backround.

"Why? Give me a couple more hours dad, please?" She heard her dad sigh deeply, obviously drunk. She heard him mummble it was ok and something about teenagers but she hung up.

She looked over at Cameron, the sun shining on him like a spot light. He jumped up on his feet, a mischevious grin on his face. He held his hand out, his firm grip closing around her hand.

"I hope your not afraid of water," he stated, pulling her to her feet.

"Well..." but she wasn't able to finish. Cameron pulled her to the edge of the lake, throwing her into the water. Her scream echoed through the air after she hit the water, the surt=face rippeling. Cameron laughed as she surfaced, scrambling to the shore.

"You bastard!" she growled when she reaced land. He stopped laughing, looking at her confused.

"What?" he asked, walking over to her.

"I can't swim!" she yelled, her voice shrill from fear. His face softened as he watched her try to calm herself, casting fearful glances at the water.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't know," he said, his eyes pleading with her to forgive him.

"Will if you would have given me a chance to tell you before you threw me..." she said, not finishing the sentence. Cameron dropped his gaze to the ground, flexing his jaw muscles unconciously.

"I'm sorry," he said softly, still looking at the ground. KIra took a shuddering breath to calm her heart, looking at Cameron.

"Its fine, you didn't know," she said, her voice soft and comforting. He looked at her, studying her carefully. She could feel the heat rising to her cheeks, but refused to look away.

"Your different," he stated, a small smile playnig on her lips as he knelt beside her.

"How so?"

"I don't know, you just are."

"Really?"

"Ya," he paused, a smile spreading across his face. "I like it." She laughed, her eyes gleaming in the sun.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter 2