Status: There's never been a CBJ fic written, so why not?

CBJ

Joey

"Name?"

"Ryan."

"Ryan...?"

"Johansen."

"Ahhh," Whit clicked her tongue, going down the list of names on the sheet in front of her. "Found you."

"Lucky me," Ryan's lips curled into a devilish grin. "Actually, you can call me Joey, that way you don't get me and Murr mixed up."

"Okay, Joey," Whit pursed her lips. "Date of birth?"

"July 31st, 1992," he smiled.

"Hometown?"

"Vancouver, British Columbia."

"Draft year?"

"2010."

"Overall pick?"

"I went fourth in the first round."

"Impressive," Whit said as she jotted everything down.

"That's not the only thing impressive about me," he wiggled his eyebrows.

"Moving on," Whit quickly focused on her notes. "Position?"

"Centre."

"Are you right or left-handed?"

"I shoot right-handed," he said rocking back and forth on his feet.

"Okaaaay," Whit tapped her pen against the clipboard. "Moving onto the more personal questions."

"Oooooh, I like where this is going," he greedily rubbed his hands together in anticipation.

"Gross, stop," Whit rolled her eyes.

"Come on," Joey laughed. "I'm just messin with ya."

"I know, I'm sorry," Whit tucked a strand of blonde hair behind her ear. "I'm just not used to being around so many boys, I'm just a tad bit overwhelmed. Bare with me?"

"You got it," Joey smirked.

"Okay," Whit took a deep breath. "Who was your biggest hockey inspiration growing up?"

"Uhhhh," Joey mulled this over for a second. "I'm gonna have to say The Great One. Yeah. Definitely Gretzky."

"I'm sorry, who?" Whit knit her eyebrows in confusion.

"Wayne Gretzky?" Joey tried. "You know THE Great One?"

"Ummmmm..." Whit trailed off.

"How are you interning for a professional hockey team and not know who Wayne Gretzky is!?" Joey laughed.

"I'm sorry, I don't believe it was on the application," Whit spat.

"It's common knowledge," Joey retorted.

"Oh my god, Ryan, Joey, whatever the hell your name is, I'm kidding. Of course I know who Wayne Gretzky is!"

"I was gonna say," Joey smiled. "Am I gonna have to give you a history lesson in hockey greats?"

"That won't be necessary," Whit snapped. "I know plenty about old time hockey."

"Then let's test your knowledge."

"I'd love to, but unlike you, I don't have time to mess around. I need you to answer these questions so I can get them submitted to Joe."

"Lay 'em on me then."

"Okaaaay," Whit read down the list of questions again. "How old were you when you got started in hockey?"

"Uhhhh I learned to skate when I was about four and then my dad got me onto a peewee team when I was about six," Joey replied.

"Fabulous," Whit wrote everything down. Soooo who would you say you're closest with on the team?"

"Probably Murr and Boone," Joey smiled. "We're like the three youngest so we hang out a lot."

Whit's heart nearly skipped a beat as soon as Joey said Boone's name. What was it about him that made him so unbelievably desirable? Oh yeah, it was those carved-out-of-marble cheek bones and that deliciously sexy voice with a hint of sarcasm that had been enough to keep him on her mind throughout the day. Her facial expression must've triggered something with Joey too because he was giving her a look that said he knew something she didn't and that drove her absolutely nuts.

"Oh?" Whit attempted to regain her focus. "And what do you guys like to do on your days off?"

"Oh you know, we hang out at Easton a lot and do a little shopping. That's probably our main spot. Either that or we'll go out to eat somewhere downtown close to the arena."

"Typical bro stuff?"

"Haha, yeah. We're bros."

"Favorite sport to watch other than hockey?"

"I'm a big college football buff," Joey licked his lips. "Columbus is such a huge college town that it's kind of hard not to get hooked."

"So you're a big Buckeyes fan?" Whit peered up at him.

"Yeah, definitely a big Bucks fan," Joey grinned.

"Awesome," Whit quickly noted it. "One last question."

"Shoot."

"What's one thing most people don't know about you?"

"That I have a thing for ridiculously cute interns."

This day was getting more and more interesting with the more people she met.