Sequel: Scattered
Status: Completed

Forgetting You, But Not the Time

Rehab Rejects Still Sniffing Glue

We spent the entire drive back to Rodeo blasting the radio. We listened to so many bands; bands such as Operation Ivy, Black Sabbath, The Police, The Who, Rolling Stones, The Clash, ZZ Top, Uriah Heap, Asia, Quiet Riot and even a little bit of Bruce Springsteen, Led Zeppelin and U2. At the moment, everyone in the car was head banging to Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones.

"Hey! Ho! Let's go! Shoot 'em in the back now! What they want, I don't know! They're all reved up and ready to go!" I laughed as I sang along with everyone, Tre's singing sticking out above the rest of us. "Hey! Ho! Let's go! Hey! Ho! Let's go! Hey! Ho!... Let's go!" We laughed hysterically as the song ended. Why we were laughing, I didn't know. But whatever it was must've been pretty damn hilarious. As a matter of fact, I felt rather high to be perfectly honest. I hadn't been this happy in such a long time; I figured I must've been drugged somehow. But, since everyone was acting the same as I was, I figured we were all just insane.

"Where to?" Billie soon asked while passing a sign indicating we were now in Rodeo, turning down the radio half because Motley Crue started playing and half because he wanted to be able to hear our responses. Since no one spoke up, I offered,

"How about we crash at my place? No one's home until later tonight." They seemed to be fine with that and Billie began driving us to my house.

We pulled into the driveway a few minutes later. I unlocked the door and quickly let them in, mainly because Tre had to us the bathroom. How did I know that, you ask? Because he made it blatantly clear that he was about to use the empty water bottle currently occupying the back floor if we didn't get to my house within the next minute and a half. "Second door on the left!" I shouted to his back as he ran down the hall. I shook my head and laughed at the guy before making my way into the kitchen. I heard everyone else follow me, commenting on the house, sporting an uncanny resemblance to amateur Real Estate Agents.

"You got a nice place," Carly observed. "I half expected it to be a small piece of crap."

"Gee thanks." I sarcastically retorted. Carly half-grinned, half-smiled.

"I meant... I expected it to be a little more... shitty, for lack of a better word, considering which neighborhood you live in." Carly explained, taking a seat on a stool near the island.

"Yeah, well, Reese likes homes that have 'unique decors' and 'proper tones', as she likes to call it. Very picky tastes, that woman has." I told them, resting my elbows on the island surface.

"Reese?" Mike questioned, clueless.

"Step-mother." I answer simply. He nodded and mouthed an 'oh' before focusing his attention elsewhere.

"Whoa, sweet." John gasped, pulling out a half-eaten pie. I should've known he was going for operation "eat all of Spencer's food". But hey, what can I say (Me: Heh, that rhymed.)? We Monroe's have some kick ass desserts.

"You should see her room." Billie told the others while grinning at me, completely brushing off John's comment towards the now devoured pie. I blushed instinctively at the stares I was receiving from Carly and Mike. Luckily, John was too absorbed in his sweets to have heard what Billie had said.

"And how would you know? Have you seen it or did Spencer just give you an overly detailed description of it?" Carly asked suspiciously, the corner of her lips twitching slightly into a nearly visible smirk. Billie grinned.

"Something like that." Billie replied, nudging me in the side while raising his eyebrows. I avoided his gaze, for once not having a smart and irritating comeback. I didn't know why, it's not like we did anything; emphasizing the word did. And me not speaking seemed to lead Mike and Carly to other conclusions that were completely untrue and by the looks on their faces, very dirty.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk." Mike shook his head disbelievingly at Billie. "You've known her for maybe 24 hours now and you've already gotten into the poor girl's pants. I'd have to say that's a record for you." He pointed out, flashing Billie a knowing smirk. Billie gazed over at me and winked, his arm brushing up against mine. Was it bad that I actually enjoyed his touch. I felt his shoulder graze mine again and shivered. Yes, I confirmed. Yes it was.

"Was he any good?" Carly suddenly asked. I snapped my head up at that redundant inquiry. Why the hell was I blushing? Possibly because this was a rather uncomfortable topic that should not be discussed between the four of us. Mike laughed.

"I'm guessing that's a yes." I scolded myself. Say something, damnit! Billie only grinned and stepped even closer to me. That grin of his should be illegal. It kept deepening the shade of crimson in my cheeks.

"Who was on top?" asked Carly. I nearly choked. Carly gasped dramatically. "You naughty, naughty girl! I never knew you had it in you!" Okay, that's where I drew the line.

"There was no top!" I squealed. Damn, that came out wrong. Mike frowned, his mind obviously deep in the gutter.

"You did it sideways? Okay, whatever pleases you I guess—"

"No! No, no sideways! No nothing!" I complained, my voice cracking with embarrassment and eyes wide and the strange bunch of teenagers standing before me.

"Well how the hell did you do it? There's no other way unless you were standing up, which sounds rather difficult—"

"Oh god, no! Ew!" I shouted, holding my hands up in pure disgust, my cheeks still flushed. Billie looked over at me, his eyes filled with pure amusement. "There was no sex! None at all!"

"No sex?" Carly clarified. I nodded.

"Yes, no sex."

"None at all?"

"Right."

"Did you want any?"

"Yes—I mean no!" I quickly corrected myself, mentally smacking my forehead. Everyone laughed, especially Billie who seemed simply hysterical. I slapped his arm and glared. He cowered away from me, mocking hurt. "Ass." I dubbed him. Suddenly, Tre came bouncing into the room, humming to himself.

"Ahh, I feel refreshed. What'd I miss?" He asked happily. Before anyone else could reflect on the wonderful events that took place prior to his return (note the sarcasm, my friends), I answered quickly,

"Nothing! You missed nothing! Hey, let's do something!" No, that didn't sound retarded at all. Tre shrugged it off though. Luckily he was an idiot.

"Well that's very specific." Carly sardonically said, rolling her eyes.

"Movie? Board game? Chasing the neighbor's cat with a water gun?" I suggested, naming things off my fingers, the last one being something that I actually used to do back in Hercules when I was bored. That damn cat actually pissed on my clothes when I left them out to dry after a water fight. Needless to say, I scared the shit out of it with a water gun. Ever since then, whenever that pug-faced cat came prancing over to our porch, I pulled out the water gun. Freaking hilarious.

"Oh. My. Fucking God." Tre screeched from the hallway. Whoa, I didn't even notice him leave. I walked out of the kitchen and into the hallway where Tre stood, holding a box of Twister, looking at it as though it were the Holy Grail. What was the Holy Grail? Something having to do with Jesus, I think. "We, like totally have to play this!" he exclaimed, sounding much like Kristen or the cheerleading whore squad. He dashed into the living room and immediately began setting everything up, not even bothering to get the approval from anyone else beforehand.

The five us stood near the edge of living room, in the doorway of the kitchen while watching Tre throw things out of his way while setting up the mat. Once he was done, he flopped himself down on the couch with the spinner and looked up at us. "Let's go, bitches!" The five of us exchanged looks before shrugging and taking our shoes off to get comfortable. By the looks of it, I was guessing Tre was the spinner. Carly decided to sit out the first round since it would be rather difficult for five people to play at once with only four corners (Me: If that sounds dumb, I usually play with three friends so each of us can have our own side to start out on.).

"Alright, let's do this." I said, rubbing my hands together. I looked over at Mike, Billie and John. "You boys are so going to loose." I said, smirking, putting a strong emphasis on 'so'.

"Oh, it is so on." Billie said, mocking me. The others just simply smirked back and looked over to Tre who spun the little spinner. And with that, the war began.

"Right hand yellow." Tre told me, Carly cackling evilly in her seat. It was easily spotted that she was on Mike's side, considering the fact that she was his girlfriend, which was news to me just minutes prior to then. It should've been obvious, everyone stated, but I'm a very oblivious person. Embrace it. Fear it.

"Fuck," I muttered. I was currently laying over John while Mike curved around us and Billie ended up between my legs, lying beneath John and me. He claimed he had a rather good view earlier and I responded by kicking him in the head with the side of my knee. I stretched my right hand over to the closest yellow circle, which wasn't exactly very close to me in the first place. Thankfully I succeeded and awaited Billie's next move.

"Billie, left leg blue." Tre choked back his laughter at the sight that was to come.

"Are you shitting me?! I'm not fucking double jointed, you know?" But he managed to get his foot in the right position which was right by Mike's head. Mike's turn.

"Left hand green." Heh, as if Mike wasn't already in a sticky situation before. Mike groaned and attempted to place his hand on the green circle, but failed miserably and fell onto the mat. Mike cursed profanities and stood up, Carly pretending to weep in her spot on the couch. I looked down at John, grinning triumphantly as he glanced up at me with raised eyebrows. Then, I looked behind me slightly, yelling down at Billie,

"You know what this means, right? If John drops next, you fall with him since your underneath. Then..." I paused for dramatic effect. "... I win." I smirked at John's frightful expression.

"John, don't fall or I will fucking shoot you." Came Billie's response. I snickered and waited for Tre to give John his next command.

"Okay John, think you can handle it?" Tre asked with a gleam in his eye. John looked up at me, and then shouted with pride,

"Hit me with your best shot, bitch."

"Left foot yellow."

"Oh damn."

I just had to laugh at that, almost loosing my balance but quickly regaining it.

"What do you mean, 'oh damn'?" Billie asked, his cheek brushing up against my thigh. I kneed him in the head again.

"Uh... er..." John tried moving his foot to the yellow circle nearest to him, which happened to be near Billie's hand. John accidentally stepped on Billie's hand and Billie yelped, jerking his hand away and unintentionally hitting John on the ass in the process, causing him to yelp out of surprise and fall, bringing Billie down with him. I laughed hysterically at the sight, seeing John's rear end implanted into Billie's face with him flailing his arms like a madman. I laughed so hard, I couldn't catch my balance like before and fell on top of John who let out an 'umph!' in return. Billie's muffled screams were heard as he tried pushing John and myself off of him.

I quickly crawled off of John and John jumped up from the mat.

"Don't you ever touch my ass again, man." John warned, pointing an accusing finger at Billie who grinned sheepishly up at him. But his grin soon turned into a frown, and he immediately began tackling John to the floor for falling on top of him. I stood from the ground and smirked proudly, holding my chin up high.

"I win." I said simply. Tre wolf-whistled and cat-called as I began to strike a pose. All of the sudden, Mike, Billie and John made a jump for me and I screamed, dodging their grasps before taking off down the hallway, laughing at them as I rounded the corner. I'm friends with such freaks.
♠ ♠ ♠
written 3/19/08
posted 5/22/08