We Are Broken

part eight

After the show, I sat on the couch in the back room where the members of MCR and Green Day were. I was sitting in between Billi Joe and my dad, the other members were running around spraying each other with cans of beer and water bottles. I had a bottle of ginger ale in my hands, my father got me a pack to make me feel comfortable around everyone else. Billie Joe currently had his arm around my shoulders saying "Damn Gerard, you've got one hell of a kid here."

Gerard smiled, "Thank you."

"Where the hell did you find her?"

Gerard's smile faded, "Um... in an orphanage."

"Wait, she's not your actual daughter?"

"Um... when I was really young, my girlfriend and I had sex, you know, cause everyone else was doing it, and we wanted to be cool... and no one told us how to use a condom, so she got pregnant, and gave the baby up for adoption. I had no say in it what so ever, and when I found out what happened, I went looking for the child, and I found Maura." I looked up at my father, and smiled. He gave me a hug and continued, "She's my daughter.... It just took me twelve years to find her."

"Wow, that's... fucking awesome." Billie smiled, "Like... Jesus Christ."

"And I will never let her out of my sight again." He hugged me tighter, and I smiled.

"We want to hear Maura sing some more," shouted Tre, "Do you know any Green Day songs?'

"Of course I do."

Billie Joe laughed, "Of course she does, guys. You wanna sing a song? We'll play with ya."

"Um... sure."

"What song?"

"You guys pick."

And they did. The played the opening for Brain Stew and I started to sing:

I'm having trouble trying to sleep.
I'm counting sheep but running out.
As time ticks by.
And still I try.
No rest for crosstops in my mind.
On my own... here we go.


The boys of My Chemical Romance cheered for me as I sang, grooving out to the song, then rocking out as they transitioned into Jaded. When I finished I was too shy to sing another song, so they went back to entertaining themselves. I sat back down and was joined by my father. He hugged me and let me lean on him while I slowly got sleepier and sleepier. My eyes had been shut for a while when he shook me, "Are you tired?"

"Yeah... a little."

"Do you want to go to bed?"

"I can go."

"No. I'll come with you."

"Okay."

Gerard and I said good night to the guys and we walked back to the bus. We got on the empty bus and I went to the back to change into my pajamas. When I was decent, Gerard came in and tucked me in. he sat on the side of my bed, and he stroked my hair.

"Maura, I love you," he said, "I'm so sorry that I wasn't there, and I'm kicking myself every moment that I'm with you that I didn't fight for you. But I just want to let you know, that I will never let anything happen to you that will make me loose you again."

I felt the tears come into my eyes and I sat up giving him a hug, "I love you, dad." Gerard held me close and I'm pretty sure he was crying. I pulled away and wiped my eyes and smiled at my father. He smiled back and I laid back down and I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's short. I'm sorry. :(

comments? :D