Status: Active

Drunk

Chapter 01

"I had the week that came from hell and yes I know that you can tell."


It was one of those days where it felt like Jesus Christ himself was flipping me off at every turn. It was one of those days when you wake up late for work only to find your car won't start. Then as if adding insult to injury, you spend what little money you didn't spend on cab fare, on the coffee you spilt. It was one of those days that you get that customer. The one whom is still deeply dissatisfied with her hair cut even though it looked exactly like the picture she brought. It wasn't my fault the cut didn't suit her.

That's why I was less then pleased to find my mother in my kitchen when I got home.

Damn Cammi for giving her a key.

I guess you could say Cammi and her brother Caleb were my roommates, except their parents owned the condo and I didn't pay rent. Caleb was as gay as they came and Cammi had been my best friend since I could remember. We had been from sharing crayons in preschool to sneaking drinks in junior high to 'burrowing her dads car without permission' in high school. She was probably the only person to not only put up with my shit but defend me when some one else got sick of it.

The only thing was sometimes Cammi got on better with my mother than me. I suspect it has a lot to do with the fact she still acted seventeen. As if she hadn't aged at all since the day she gave birth to me. So when she's not busy partying with her single friends, trying to party with my friends, or getting divorced (she's on her third), she's reminding me how she gave up her ever ambitious dreams of being a flight attendant to raise little old me. I loved her, I really did, but at times she was a little much.

Without a word I brushed past her grabbing the lit cigarette out of her mouth and tossed it out the window over the sink.

I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at her pointedly. "Mom, you know Caleb hates for us to smoke in here. He'd have an asthma attack just hearing about it."

She waved me off with a slight flip of her thin wrist and a roll of her eyes. "We'll just have to get him an inhaler then, won't we? Now Kingsley is that anyway to greet your mother?"

I rolled my identical light brown eyes right back. We could be twins. I've never met my father because from what I've heard he ran at the mention of me but if there was any of him in me I couldn't find it. Meeting him might help that but the entire subject was taboo to my mother. If she'd have had it her way I would've been raised to believe he was hit by a train before I was born, but my grandparents wouldn't have that.

"What do you want mom?" I asked with a sigh. All I wanted was to curl in bed and catch up on all the sleep I've lost this week.

She looked appalled at me. She was always one for the dramatics. "I just wanted to check on my lovely daughter who's been ignoring my calls all week long."

"Well I'm fine, I'm alive, and I'm tired. I've just been busy." I informed her with a slight annoyance to my tone I tacked on "now what else do you want?" I knew for a fact she didn't come here 'just to check on me.'

She sighed and her shoulders slumped a bit knowing she had been caught. "Well actually I have a date tonight and -" she started but I caught her off right there.

"Mom, you're technically still married!" I groaned. Normally I would've laughed at her and helped her with what she needed but I was not in the mood to help her locate her fourth future ex-husband and as if the clouds finally parted and god finally decided to give me a break the front door flung open with so much force it hit the door stopper and I heard Cammi's voice chime "I'm home!" as she barged in, hands filled with shopping bags, flipping her long wavy brown hair out of her eyes.

She paused for a second noticing my mother her grin spread a little wider "oh, hey Lo! What's up?" She asked setting her bags to the side and giving my mother her attention.

My mother diverted her attention to Cammi as she started to explain her predicament. I took this as my chance to escape and made my way to the stairs leading to the bedroom. I hit about the third step when I heard Cammi call after me. I turned to her direction with raised eyebrows.

"Don't make plans tomorrow night, I met this totally hot Brit and we're throwing a party so I have an excuse to get him drunk at my house." She grinned and I rolled my eyes in response.

"I have work then someplace to be but I'll make it back around nine." I informed her.

She raised an eyebrow at my statement and I sighed.

"Cutting Carl loose." I explained and she gave me a knowing chuckle.

Me and Carl met at a party a few weeks ago and had been occasionally hooking up but he was starting to get too pushy so it was time for the boot. I swear me and Cammi were worse than teenage boys.

Tomorrow would be interesting and hopefully god would play a little more in my favor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Soooo. Let's start with the fact it's been a long time since I've written anything so constructive criticism (not bashing) is greatly appreciated. I'm the worlds worst with commas, so please bear with me. They just make me uncomfortable for some unknown reason but I have someone editing as I finish each chapter so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Also I was trying my hardest to not start this story until after graduation, but I'm just bursting with ideas and far too excited to wait. With that being said I'm a full time student, I have a small child, and I'm typing this from an iPad because my laptop is currently out of order. I'm hoping to post an update a week but no promises. Since I've been working on this for a few weeks already I have a few chapters pre written so unless something really sets me back I shouldn't have a problem. I know this is super short but I have the next one prewritten and I swear it's much longer. It will be up right after this one just because I don't believe this chapter alone is a good start and i just couldn't get it out the way i wanted it. I just had to get this little bit on Kingsley's life and background out. The chapters will be in alternating point of views because there's a lot to be seen from Harry's side. I'll try to do it in an every other fashion but check the chapter title just in case so there's no confusion. The next chapter will be in Harry's point of view. I have a few chapters prewritten so I'm aiming for an update a week and I'm just so excited for this story and all the things I have planned for it. :D

So I hope you enjoyed and please comment, recommend, and subscribe. It motivates me greatly to know people enjoy reading what I enjoy doing.

XX