Status: Active and New

Unwanted and Obscure

Chapter 1

Smoke was thick in the air, it was hot and sticky in the room. All the bodies grinding with each other, it made me uncomfortable and we’d just walked in the door. I don’t know how Cassidy convinced me to go out with her tonight. The club was completely and utterly not my scene. I could be at home curled up reading Ink Exchange by Mellisa Marr but no, I’m wearing a skirt that I would deem too short since my fingers are attached to the hem trying to pull it down more which is physically impossible sadly. My messy brown hair she had somehow managed to tame into a nice braid to the side of my head, I just stood there watching her flirt and blew my bangs out of my eyes with a huff.

“Come on lighten up Rory, it’ll be fun promise” Cassidy was always enthusiastic when it came to booze and boys.

I highly doubted the fun aspect of tonight happening until I got home and curled into my lovely comforter. The further we got into the room, I noticed a lot of the girls on the dance floor were looking over toward a group of boys. The boys looked like bad news covered in piercings and tattoos. I got a tattoo when I turned eighteen small and two words on my wrist but I would never want that many tattoos to litter my body.

Cassidy looked at where I was looking and smacked my head harshly.

“Ow!” I cried looking at her and rubbing where she needlessly attacked me.

“Oi, don't even look at them, they call them Direction, the cops are scared of them, men are scared of them, women flock to them but they are dangerous. Body trails follow where they go, drugs, and illegal dealings go down. Avoid them at all costs especial the one with the caramel eyes, he’s the nastiest. His name is Zayn Malik, he runs this town literally.” She said.

I had heard of gangs back in L.A. but I was too far away from all the commotion for it to actually affect me in any way. The look on some of the peoples faces though made me believe what she said. I would never get near them either way, I wasn't Cassidy. I was a quiet little mouse and I planned to stay that way.

“I’m going to go talk to a friend” Cassidy said skipping off towards some guy leaving me alone to fend for myself sadly.

I walked over to the bar and flagged down the bartender, he smiled politely at me. I ordered a simple jack and coke and waited patiently. I knew I looked out of place, I don’t really own clubbing clothes and I would rather die than wear one of Cassy’s sexy dresses that look amazing on her but make me look like I’m homely. My pale blue skirt and peach blazer probably made me stand out more than I really wanted but no one seemed to take notice of me which made me happy. If I get lucky enough I can leave in thirty minutes once Cassidy has found her victim of the night.

“Darling, you look lost” I looked to my left where to see where the mesmerizing voice came from and I am looking into caramel eyes. “Cat got your tongue kitten? Isn't it a little passed your bedtime?” He asked with a smile grazing his perfectly tan face.

He screamed dangerous, he had a few bruises littering his hands and his hair fell perfectly on his head but it was his eyes that drew my attention the most.

“No” I replied softly.

“Oh so you can speak, I couldn't quite hear you doll?” he drawled slowly making me uneasy and irritated.

He sent shivers down my spine. Something about him was just off but you would be an idiot to not find him attractive. I didn't understand why he was talking to me.

“I said No” I replied a little bit more aggressively.

He chuckled.

“Anything she wants to drink tonight put it on my tab” he said looking at me with a wink.

“I can pay for myself.” I said shakily when I meant to say it with confidence.

The bartender looked like he was about to have a heart attack.

“Kitten, don’t stay out too late, didn't your mother ever tell you, bad things go bump in the night” he whispered in my ear and kissed my cheek walking away.

To say I was flustered would be an understatement; I honestly can’t wrap my head around what just happened. I must have looked like an easy target. I mean I am one and I know it but that doesn't make it right. I didn't really feel like staying so I tried to give the waiter a ten for my drink but he wouldn't take it so I left it for him as a tip, annoyed that I couldn't pay with my own money.

I looked for Cassidy and once I couldn't find her I decided to catch a cab home. I quickly changed into my pajamas and curled into my duvet welcoming sleep. As I slowly drifted away all I could see where a pair of caramel eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well here is chapter 1, I'm thinking about rewriting it, I'm just not sure, I hope you guys like it. I would love some feedback. Do you guys like the characters are they easy to relate to? Here is Rory's Outfit from the club and her pajamas. http://www.polyvore.com/aurora_rory/set?id=116311052 http://www.polyvore.com/bed/set?id=116311757
Cassidy
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=116312280

Anyways i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.
Comment/Subscribe.

P.S. I picture Rory looking a little like Emma Watson before her short hair like the picture in the Pajamas from Polyvore.

XOXO Obscure.