The Only Exception.

One.

"Callie come on grab a box and help," my mum said as I climbed out of my car and looked around me.

I went to the moving van and grabbed a box labelled Mum's room and brought it inside and to my mum's bedroom. My mum had the second biggest bedroom, she had given me the master bedroom because I had much more stuff than she did, including clothing, and as a I'm sorry I'm moving you across the continent present.

When I walked back outside, there were 4 guys talking to my mum. My younger sister, Marianna came up to me with a box.

"They're cute," she said.

"You're like 16," I said.

"And you're like 19."

She walked past me with the box she was holding and I rolled my eyes.

"Callie sweetheart come meet our new neighbors," she smiled.

They're our neighbors, fab.

I walked over and straightened out my outfit before reaching them.

"Callie, this is Luke, Michael, Calum and Ashton," she said, "Boys this is my oldest daughter Callie."

I narrowed my eyes at them for a moment before it clicked where I had seen them before.

"Hey," they all smiled.

I let a smirk creep across my face, "Hey."

I decided I'd pretend I had no idea who they were for a while, and in retrospect, I didn't have any idea who they were.

We heard Marianna scream from inside the house.

"Callie!" she screamed.

I sighed, "Probably just a spider."

"You'd think she'd be used to the spiders by now," my mom said as I walked inside the house.

"Mari where are you?"

"Mum's room!" she yelled.

I jumped up the stairs and she stood in my mom's room, pointing at a corner of the room. A snake laid there.

"Oh fuck no," I said and pulled her out of the room and closed the door.

We both ran down the stairs and out of the house.

"Abort mission abort mission I don't fuck with snakes!" I yelled.

"Oh sweet Jesus, was it poisonous?" my mum asked.

"I don't think so," I said.

"In my room huh?"

"Yeah."

"Alright, I'll be back you wimps."

She started towards the house.

"I'm not bloody Steve Irwin sorry mum, spider's I can handle but not snakes or crocodiles or anything with scales."

"Yeah yeah yeah."

"You had to mention Steve Irwin didn't you?" Marianna asked.

"He died 8 years ago and you were 8 years old don't act like it's too soon," I said.

"It still hurts my heart."

"I bet that's what Steve said about the sting ray barb," Ashton said, making me laugh.

"He's rolling over in his grave right now," she said as she grabbed another box.

Our mum came out with the snake cut in half, one part in each hand.

"It's dead do you want it?" she asked, waving it in my direction.

"Fuck off with that shit mum," I said, dodging her.

"One of you best text your father and tell him we made it alright," she said as we all went into the house with boxes.

"Sure," Marianna and I both said.

"Not it," I said immediately.

"Damn it," she said.

"Alright, what boxes do we have here?" I asked everyone.

"Callie's room for all 4 of us," Michael said.

"Awesome, same," I said, "Follow me lads."

We went up the stairs and into my room. Standing in the corner of my room was Marianna's Harry Styles cardboard stand up, which caused me to jump and scream, which made the boys laugh. We could hear Marianna laughing from the kitchen downstairs.

"I hate you Marianna! I'm never killing another spider for you again!" I yelled down to her.

"Oh please you don't have to lie!" she yelled back up.

"I'm keeping him!"

"Go ahead! At least then you can picture someone naked since you aren't actually going to see anyone naked!"

"You're so sweet!"

We put the boxes down and went back out. The boys helped us move all of our things into the house, including the large furniture, which we probably would've struggled a lot with if it weren't for them.

"You guys need like a medal of honor or something for helping us," Marianna said.

"Or Nando's, Nando's is basically the same thing," I said.

"You don't have to do anything for us, it was our pleasure," Luke smiled.

"Psh, please," I waved my hand at them, "What kind of neighbors would we be if I didn't force feed you chicken?"

They laughed.

"Go on then," Mum said, "I'll stay and unpack. Just bring me back something."

"Come on then lads," I said as I grabbed my purse and keys and we walked back outside.

"You really don't have to," Calum said.

"Get in the car," I said.

"I wouldn't anger her if I was you," Marianna said.

"Right then," Ashton nodded, "Shot gun."

I got into the driver's seat and Ashton got in the passenger's side while the other's got in the back.

We drove to Nando's, ordered and sat down.

"So, where'd you move from?" Michael asked.

"Darwin," I said.

"How come you moved down here?" Ashton said.

"Our dad had an affair and our parent's divorced," Marianna said.

"Marianna," I gave her a look from across the table.

"What? Was I supposed to lie?"

"At least explain it in a less morbid way."

"There is no less morbid way."

"Anyways, yeah," I said.

"Well, I'm sorry," Ashton said.

"Oh it's alright. Nothing to do about it now right?"

He nodded but continued to look at me.

"I guess since you're not going to do it I should tell dad we got here," I said.

"At least you got that I wasn't going to tell him," Marianna said.

I rolled my eyes and took my phone out of my bag and called my dad.

"Hey did you girls make it there alright?"

"Yeah we did, I was just calling to let you know."

"Alright. Well, how is the house?"

"It's nice."

"Have you met your neighbors yet?"

"Yeah, they helped us move our stuff in."

"Who are they?"

"4 lads 'round my age."

"And they own a house?"

"I don't know the details."

"Right. Think any of them are cute?"

I could tell at this point that they could all hear my dad. I put my hand over my face.

"Dad, I'd rather not have this conversation with you."

He sighed, "Just be careful alright? Condoms, birth control and whatnot."

"Yeah dad, you too."

"Callie," he said sternly.

"Daniel."

"I'm still your father."

"So I've been told."

"Just be safe okay? Don't rush anything."

"Don't rush what dad?"

"Callie, I know you better than you think I do. I don't want things there to be how they were here with you and boys."

"Wow, thanks dad, thanks a lot for that, bye."

I hung up my phone.

"Yeah, sorry I should have called," Marianna said.

I shook my head and stood up to go get our food. Marianna talked with the guys, while I tried to stay quiet most of the time we ate. I got our mum food when we were finished and we drove back home. We all exchanged numbers before going into our respective homes. The first thing I set up was my stereo system and I plugged my laptop into the speakers. I turned on The Doors and started to unpack my things. I made my bed first then started putting up my posters. I put up the Christmas lights I used to avoid sleeping in the dark, plugged in my Hercules nightlight right next to my bed, and began to put my clothes away. I got most everything unpacked by the time I was too tired to keep going.
♠ ♠ ♠
rec, comment, subscribe??

xoxoxoxo