The Only Exception.

Four.

I woke up the next morning in Ashton's bed. We had stayed up all night talking. I rubbed my eyes as I grabbed my phone and checked the time. It was already 10 in the morning. I groaned and sat up. Ashton stirred and opened one eye next to me.

"What time is it?" he asked, rubbing his face.

"10 in the morning," I said.

He groaned, "We should probably wake up now then."

"Yeah," I said, "I've still got to go swim."

He nodded, "I've got to make sure Luke is alright."

"We can go see Mari later and check up on her," I said, "Well, I'm going to head home. I'll come by after I get back, yeah?"

He smiled and nodded. I kissed his cheek and got out of bed. I pulled on my shoes and grabbed my bag before leaving the house and going next door. I washed my face, changed and grabbed my bag before boarding down to the gym. I swam for only about an hour this time before heading home, showering and changing. I blow dried my hair and did my makeup, then grabbed my purse. I saw my mom in Marianna's room. I walked in. She was changing the blood stained sheets, there was a blood stain on the mattress.

"I've got a new mattress coming today, will you help me get this one to the truck so I can take it to the dump?" she asked.

"Yeah," I said, helping her get it out of the room, down the stairs and out the front door.

We lifted it into the truck bed and my mom sighed.

"I hate that she's there for 5 more days, I hate that she's there at all," she said.

"I know mum, so do I. I didn't want this life for her either."

"Are you going to see her?"

"Yeah. The boys and I are gonna go."

"Will you bring her some things? Like her iPod and phone charger and clothes?"

"Yeah," I nodded.

We went back inside and I packed a bag with clothes for her, her phone charger and I grabbed her iPod. I looked through the music, then went and sat down at my laptop in my room. I downloaded all of 5 Seconds of Summer's music off of iTunes and put it on her iPod and onto my phone. I listened to a couple songs while I was getting everything ready. They were actually pretty good. Luke and Calum were great singers. I closed my laptop and grabbed Marianna's bag along with my own and walked across to the boys' house. I knocked on the door and Michael opened it.

"Oh come on now you don't have to knock, just walk in," he said.

"Only God knows what you guys do in here when we aren't around, don't want to walk in on some crazy bromance stuff," I said, making him laugh.

"Don't act like you wouldn't like it!" Calum said as we walked into the living room.

"Right, I'd love me some Cashton," I said.

"Someone's been on Google," Luke smiled.

"I actually just thought of that is that like a real thing people say? I haven't had time for Google the last few days."

"Oh yeah the fans love Cashton," Michael said.

"And there's Muke, Cake, Laston, Malum and Mashton," Calum said.

"Oi vey," I laughed, "Now, who wants to go to the hospital?!"

"Yay!" they all yelled throwing their arms up into the air.

We went outside and got into my car.

"Can I choose the music?" Ashton asked as I plugged my phone in and handed it to him.

I drove as he scrolled through my music.

"Ooh you have us huh?" he said.

"New addition, I got it for Marianna, figured it would make her feel better."

He played Avenged Sevenfold while we drove and drummed along on the dashboard. We walked through the hospital to her room. The psychiatric ward was a locked ward, and there were patients wandering the halls, talking to themselves. I grabbed onto Ashton's hand as we walked past one. We walked into Marianna's room.

"Oh my God get me out of here," she said.

"I wish I could, what kind of people do they keep here?"

"You don't want to know."

"Well, hopefully these will help," I said, holding up her bag, "Your own clothes, your phone charger and your iPod, with a little 5 Seconds of surprise on there for you."

She smiled, "Thank you Cal."

"Of course Mari."

"How's mum?"

"A little stressed out. She's having a new mattress sent for you today and dumping the old one."

"She didn't have to do that."

"I don't think she could have survived knowing there was blood stains on your mattress."

"So, I was thinking," Marianna said.

"About what?"

"I think we should change our last names to mum's maiden name like she did."

I nodded, "I think that might be a good idea. I'll look into it later."

She nodded.

We hung out for a while and talked, then left when our mum got there.

"I'm starving," Michael whined.

"iHop?" Luke suggested.

"I'm down," I said.

"Same," Ashton and Calum said.

I drove to iHop and we all sat down. Calum took out his phone.

"We are out to a very late breakfast/lunch with our good friend and neighbor, Callie Luther," Calum said as he made Keek video.

I stuck my tongue out at him.

"That's real cute," he said, "Guys what is Ashton and Callie's couple name?"

"Calton," Luke said immediately, "Marianna and I were discussing it yesterday."

I rolled my eyes and Ashton smiled big. I poked his dimples and then took a sip of my water.

"So Callie," Michael said, using the ketchup bottle as a microphone, "What's it like having breakfast with 5 Seconds of Summer?"

"Well, when you go out with 5 Seconds of Summer for any meal of the day, you can be sure of a few things. You will laugh, you will get recorded on video, and you will have to pay for everyone," I said, making the guys laugh.

"And what's it like living next to these boys?" Ashton said, using the salt shaker as a microphone.

"Ever thought about what living next to the chimpanzee exhibit in the zoo would be like?" I said, making Luke cover his mouth from laughing, "No it's quite lovely, they're the kind of neighbors who help you move in and you wouldn't mind seeing naked afterwards."

"Are you trying to hit on me?" Michael asked.

"Absolutely," I nodded.

"Fantastic!"

We ordered our food then sat and all collectively scrolled through Twitter. They all followed me and I got bombarded by followers after they did and after they posted the video they took.

"Your fans are almost frightening," I said.

"They can be yeah," Calum nodded, "But they're fantastic also."

"I don't doubt it, they seem very supportive."

"Ha! Calton is catching on!" Michael said as he held up his phone.

Someone had taken a still from the video of Ashton and I looking at each other and put "Calton Forever" on it in a cute font.

"Oh that's going to be my new wallpaper you should send that to me," I said, making them laugh.

I made the picture my wallpaper as soon as I got the picture, I locked my phone the opened it to the lock screen where it showed the picture.

"Oh yeah that's good," Ashton said as he looked at it.

"We're quite adorable aren't we?"

"We should have a reality television show."

"We should."

"Calton takes on the world. I can see it now," Luke said.

"We'd make it a few episodes before they realized our lives aren't that interesting," I said.

"Are you saying we don't make your life interesting?" Michael clutched his chest.

"Interesting enough," I laughed, "You lads have definitely made this whole moving thing less horrible."

"Well it's our pleasure," Calum said.

"So," Luke said and looked at me, "I want to take Marianna out on a date when she gets out of the hospital, to make her feel better, you know?"

"Gonna ask her to be your gal pal?" I asked.

He just looked at me with a smile.

"The thing you need to know, is that we were raised to enjoy the simple things, we've never been broke before, our parent's have always made really good money, but it's the little things that count to us."

"Like what?"

"Like, remembering her favorite type of flower or wearing your hair the way she told you that she liked on you that one time or taking her on a thoughtful date rather than an expensive date. She'd rather have a date on the beach and go surfing then eat fast food than have you spend a bunch of money on taking her out to a fancy restaurant. And the answers to questions a and b are rainbow daisies and up," I said.

"I can do that," he smiled, "Thank you."

"Of course," I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
rec, comment, subscribe??

xoxoxoxox