The Only Exception.

Five.

Marianna was coming home today, and my mum, Ashton, Michael and I were on our way to get her while Calum and Luke finish planning their date for tonight.

"Whooo!!!" I yelled as I ran down the hallway after checking Marianna out, pushing her in the wheel chair.

I ran her out of the main entrance of the hospital then stopped.

"Your chariot, my lady," I said as I went and opened the car door.

She got out of the wheel chair and got into the car.

"It's going to be a mission to shave my legs when I get home," Marianna said as we drove home.

"I'll help you, I'm good at that stuff nowadays," I said, "You're healed up enough that it shouldn't be too bad now anyways."

"I've never felt so gross, a week of no shaving. I feel like a damn hippy."

I laughed, "You could become a crazy feminist."

"Free bleeding!" she yelled.

"What the hell is that?" Michael asked.

"It's where feminists don't use feminine hygiene products during their period and just let themselves bleed all over the place," I said.

"That's disgusting," Ashton said.

"Don't tell the feminists that," mum said.

"They'll cut your dick off and let you free bleed around Sydney," Marianna said.

"So I've been thinking girls," mum said, "I don't think you should change your last name."

"Why?" I asked.

"I mean, you'll get married eventually, no point in changing it if it's just going to change again."

"Mum we don't even have boyfriends, who are we getting married to?" Marianna asked.

"Marianna can't even get married for another 2 years," I said.

"It would mean a lot to your grandpa if you didn't change your name."

I sighed, "You mean the grandpa that never talks to us because we're disappointments?"

"You know he didn't mean that, he's old and crazy. Which reminds me, we're going to see him tomorrow," she said as we pulled up at home.

Marianna and I just stared at her.

"We haven't seen him in 4 years," Marianna said.

"I was a virgin the last time I saw that man. What happens if he asks me what I've been doing with my life since then?"

"You don't tell him you've slept with people, that's what. He's sick and he's going to pass away soon, you need to see him before then or you'll only be angry with yourselves over it."

"I'm supposed to lie to a career cop? He's going to see right through me."

"Then you lie better and tell him you've met a lovely boy and you've given yourself to him."

I opened the car door, "At least I won't be totally lying right?"

Ashton and Michael went home to help Calum and Luke and Marianna and I went to work on her legs after she took a shower.

We sat on the edge of the tub, Marianna just in her underwear and shirt while I shaved her legs.

"Do you think Luke is going to ask me to be his girlfriend tonight?" she asked.

"I think so," I nodded.

"I hope he doesn't go over the top with this date."

"He won't," I laughed, "He knows that we like the little things more than the big expensive things."

"Good."

I finished getting her ready, and then when she was completely ready, the doorbell rang. I ran to the door and opened it. The 4 boys stood there, and Luke held rainbow daisies.

I gasped, "You look dapper as fuck."

He smiled.

"She'll be right down," I smiled, stepping aside so they could come in.

Marianna came downstairs and Luke's smile brightened 10 fold.

"Hey now kids, picture time," Calum said as my mum came out of the kitchen.

Calum took a couple pictures of them then my mum hugged Marianna.

"Use a condom!" she called out as they walked away, causing Marianna to turn around and raise her hands in the air like 'What the hell'.

I started laughing and put my arms around Calum and Ashton's waists.

"Our babies are growing up so fast," I said as we stood outside and watched them leave.

"Makes you want to have another doesn't it?" Michael asked.

"Absolutely not," I shook my head and turned around, making them laugh.

"We're having a couple friends over tonight if you want to come over, we're just gonna watch some movies and eat food while the love birds are away," Calum said.

"Ooh friends? Like lady friends?"

"Perhaps," Michael wiggled his eyebrows at me.

I laughed, "Sure I'll come over."

"Alright, they'll be over in about 30 minutes so get ready!" Calum said as the boys left.

Ashton kissed my forehead before leaving.

"So, you and Ashton huh?" mum asked.

I smiled, "I like him, but that scares me."

"Don't let it, you've been screwed over by guys before, but you've never had a boyfriend, especially a boyfriend like him. He cares a lot about you, I could see that from day 1."

"We'll see how it goes," I said before going upstairs and showered and got dressed.

I blow dried my hair and put on some makeup then grabbed my purse and walked next door. Listening to Michael's demands, I just opened the door and walked in.

"Callie!" the 3 boys yelled.

They stood with two girls in the kitchen and the girls were already almost falling over drunk. I raised an eyebrow at them.

"Really?" I said.

"What?" Michael gave me a drunken smile.

"You're all drunk, how do you all get drunk within 45 minutes?"

"Don't be a party pooper," one of the girls said.

"Yeah don't suck the life out of this party," the other said, leaning against Ashton.

I laughed and shook my head, "How old even are you?"

"I'm 17 thank you!" the girl said, which made me laugh even more.

"You're not even allowed to drink."

She stumbled towards me and got too close for comfort, "Who are you? The drunk police or something?"

I just looked up and nodded, "Step away from me."

"Oh yeah?" she poked a finger against my chest and I pushed her hand away, "Or what?"

"Or I'm going to show you who I am," I said to her.

She stepped one step closer and I sucked in a breath.

"Are you?" she said.

"I said, get away from me," I said.

She laughed in my face and I shoved her away from me, making her stumble and fall on the floor.

"Bitch!" the other girl yelled.

"You know what guys?" I said to the 3 boys just standing there watching, "Have fun with them. I didn't sign up to be your babysitter while you're drunk."

I turned around and walked out of the house.

"Callie wait, don't leave," Ashton said, leaning against the door frame.

I turned around and looked at him and just shook my head, "I thought you were more mature and smart than to supply minors with alcohol, Ashton. And to invite me over then be drunk by the time I get here? That's pathetic."

"Callie I'm sorry."

"Just leave me alone Ashton," I said, turning and walking back home.

"What happened?" my mum asked as I walked back inside.

"I don't want to talk about it," I said, going straight up to my room.

I took 2 of my sleeping pills and passed out 30 minutes later until 7 the next morning when Marianna woke me up to leave for our grandpa's. I put my headphones into my iPod and ignored everyone the whole ride home. I left my phone at home after seeing the mass amount of text messages from all 4 of the boys.
Seeing my grandpa as withered, sick and obviously dying as he was made me extremely upset. And as soon as we pulled up to the house, I walked towards the beach, not saying a word to my mum or Marianna and ignoring the fact the boys' door opened as soon as we pulled up.

I sat on the beach watching the waves come in and go back out while crying until my iPod said it was almost 11 PM. I walked back home, still crying. I walked into the house and the boys and Marianna sat on the couches and Marianna and Ashton both stood up when I walked in.

"Callie are you okay?" Ashton asked.

I ignored him, staring at the floor and going up to my room and locking the door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
rec, comment, subscribe??

xoxoxo