Status: :)))

102

102

'No, I'm happy for you, truly. Yes, he is a good lad. I'm sure you have a lot in common. You like him a lot, don't you? That's great.

I like you a lot too.'


/ Matty's POV /

Matty loved Nirvana, maybe more than he should. She was everything a guy could want. She was beautiful, smart, funny, graceful and kind hearted. She was always sincere and always took him serious when no one else would. She'd spend her nights just talking to him about the most random, but intelligent things there is to talk about. They'd sit at the park they always go to, and sit on the swings whilst smoking. This was kind of their thing.

This would happen at any time of the day, but the recent times were exactly 1:02am. Matty thought back to the time when he bought a packet of 10 cigarettes before meeting up with her. They sat down on the swings and aimlessly smoked the fag, soon going through 6 out of the 10. They talked about childhood memories and previous relationships and the stars; and soon enough it was just random things like how Matty randomly blurted out that he liked the look of her shoes and the way she looked when they argued.

She blushed furiously and hid her face in her faces, in which Matty laughed at. He pried her hands away and tickled her, making her break into a giggle. From then on, he knew he has fallen in love with her. He'd tell her his feelings in that moment but decided not to because he thought he'd scare her away if he'd admitted it straight away.

'Well we’re here, we’re at the common again. Smoked six of the ten fags that I only bought an hour ago. Said well I-I like the look of your shoes, I like the way that your face looks when
I’m arguing with you.'


Never in a million years did Matty think of falling in love with Nirvana. She was more of a closed off person whilst he was a bit more outgoing. If you'd tell him that he'd fall in love with someone like her, he'd laugh at yourself and tell you to sod off.

Oh boy was he wrong. When he saw her, he could not stop drooling over her beauty. She was like a diamond in the rough. The way she shone amongst the crowd, drew him in. Although he knew that people had informed her about his reputation, he befriended her. Time after time, she'd kindly rejected her. But after seeing how everyone was wrong, she gladly accepted him in open arms. Soon enough Matty and Nirvana became close as close can be. He loved being with her and so did she.

'And so when, when we all grow old I hope this song will remind you that I’m not half as bad as what you’ve been told.'

Matty was so in love with her to the point where he couldn't stand to not see her. After touring, he'd show up at her doorstep, usually at around 1am, and knocked until she opened it. She never complained though. Her face would always light up at the sight of Matty at her doorstep at 1:02am. Matty couldn't stop smiling at the sight of a tired Nirvana in her cute little tank top and sleeping shorts. As the arrival of Matty woke her up, she'd always suggest going to the park swings and catching up there, no matter what the weather was like.

April was not different. He showed up, she opened the door. They'd exchange hugs and greetings then head to the park swings. They sat there and talked about his band and his shows. During touring he decided to finally tell her his true feelings and so he did, but stopped himself when she started talking about her new boyfriend. She had found herself a boyfriend whilst Matty was on tour. Her face lit up when talking about him and Matty couldn't ruin that for her. He couldn't be selfish about her so he simply didn't say anything about his love for her and pretended to be happy for her but deep down, he was hurting.

His once lively heart shattered into a million pieces. He felt like he should be angry at her but he couldn't. It wasn't her fault that she had found someone else, someone better than him. Who would want to be with him? No one.

'And when I knock at one hundred and two; And I see your pyjamas, I can’t stop smiling at you. And that’s why when we’re at the common again, I’ve been pouring my heart out towards your optimistic grin. Said well I, I-I like the cut of your jib, I like the way that your face looks when you’re yapping on about him.'

After that incident, he didn't talk to her for a week. He felt awful for punishing her for her feelings, it wasn't her fault. Even though he was so upset and mad, he still loved her. Everything reminded him of her. Heck, his sweater smelled like her. He sat on the edge of his bed for hours, debating whether to call Nirvana or not. And so he did, coincidently calling her up at exactly 1:02am.
He apologized and made up a pathetic excuse for his behaviour and she gracefully accepted the apology. She filled him in on her relationship with her boyfriend, Dave. As much as Matty was hurting, he had to let her go. She deserved to be happy and Matty had to accept that she was happy with Dave.

He couldn't be selfish, not towards her anyway. So he let go of her and his feelings for her.He watched as be happy and fall in love with a man who wasn't him. He let her go. He let go of the bad memories and focused on the good ones. And now the only memories of her were the ones at 1:02am.
♠ ♠ ♠
✿✿✿✿✿

Hello lovelies,
this is my interpretation of the song 102 by Matthew Healy (The 1975).
I hope you enjoyed this.
Please please please make sure to leave a comment because it encourages me to keep writing these :)
Oh and I apologise with there's any errors in this. I did not edit it and I probably will not edit it because I'm a very lazy person. Oops sorry.
xx