Everything You Have Done to Me

The Project

*Some weeks later*

Right then my live was pretty much all about school. It was my last year, so the final exams would start soon, even though the year had just began. My dad recently just brought me a new car which was amazing but he wasn't at home that much though. I wasn't sure whether it was because of his job or because of my mum. The fights between them were getting heavier day by day which worried me a bit but I didn't dealed with it, too much. Some days ago, my music teacher anounced a project which would start the next wednesday which was today. I was looking forward for that, first because I had music with Jess and doing projects with her was allways fun even though working on it was more like watching videos, chatting and sometimes drinking beer instead of real work and second because I liked music actually and due to the fact that Jess enjoyed listening to the same music as I did, it would be easy "working" with her.
The only bad surprise I got the past week was that I did not only had history with this Danny guy but also music. The only good thing was that he learned that it would be the best for him staying out of my way which he did and I was thankfull for that.
So, I made my way to school and directly to the room where my music lesson took place. Greeting Jess with a kiss on the cheek and a hug I sat down right next to her. Almost the whole class bridged over the time of waiting with making fun of Danny which was amusing but I didn't become a part of of actively. I'd rather just listen to it insteat of getting myself into trouble.
But Mrs. Stanlley soon entered the room and with that it became quiet. She looked as enthusiastic as allways. "Hello everybody. I'm really looking forward to tell you about the project I've planed to do with you guys!" she said happyly and clapped her hand only one time. "We'll form groups of only two persons. You have three minutes, otherwise I will chose the groups for you...and when I do, you will not work with your prefered partner, got it?" she said sternly and with that we formed our groups. Jess and myself didn't need long to form ours. Not like the rest of the class. By time I became nervous, even though almost everybody had his or her partner, some were still complaing especialy when it was about Danny. So, it happened that Mrs. Stanlley rolled her eyes and hit the table to get the class' attention. Everybody was going to their seats then. I rolled my eyes. I was pissed as hell, just because no one wanted this guy in his or her group, I was not abel to work with Jess. Fantastic. One reason more to hate him. "Ok, then I'll form the groups. It's unbelievable, one could think that you're all grown man and women but you act like little children insteat. It's a shame, to be honest. So, let me think." And then she began with calling out the names of the persons who were going to work together. Jess and Alex had to work together, so she was no possibility anymore. "Zoe, what can we do with you..." she asked mainly herself but I wasn't even paying that much attention until:"...Danny?" Wait...what? "Yes?" he asked quietly, looking like a lost puppy, only that lost puppies are sweet. "How about you working with Jess." He didn't say anything at first, he just looked over to me, I guessed to see my reaction. I shook my head no and hoped that he would get it but before he could say anything Mrs. Stanlley kept talking: "If you wont say anything then I'll do. You two work together and this is set in stone."
I couldn't believe that. The whole class was starring at me, evil smiles coming from every side of the room. Only Danny had an excusing expression on his face. I hated him. I hated this guy so much in that moment. "Please Mrs. Stanlley..." I begged but it was useless. She didn't let me conplain and hushed me silent instead. This was so embarrasing. I wanted to hide under my tabel due to the glares I got from the others.
"So, now that the groups are formed, sit down together." I didn't move one inch so he came reluctantly over to my tabel and sat down next to me, his head hung down as allways. "I'm sorry for not saying anything." he mumbled "Save it." I just snapped at him without looking at him. "Ok, now I'll explain to you what we're going to do." Mrs. Stanlley said, again as enphusiastic as at the begining of the lesson. "Everyone of you will creat one song together. You can do what ever you want, you can sing something if you want or play instrument or just work with the computer if you don't play any instruments. There are pretty much no rules but your song has to last at least 2:30 or 3 minutes." Only then I realised that I have to meat him sooner or later outside school...I was about to jump out of the window, to be honest. "So, the rest of the lesson you can plan things. Maybe find out what you want to do or how you could conect your talents." and with that, she sat down.

"So..." he started. I didn't even wanted to have that conversation. "Do whatever you want. I don't give a shit. I don't have any talents when it's about music, anyways." I snapped, playing with my phone. "You don't play any instruments then?" he really kept talking to me. I rolled my eyes: "Nope." still not looking at him. "What about singing?" he asked then. That was, when I suddenly had a flashback.
I was 15 or 16 years old. My mother kept telling me that my voice was amazing and that I would be just perfect. Holding my microphone in my hands I stood right next to the stage, nervous as hell. My hands were swetty and I felt like it were about thousand degrees in the room. It used to be my dream to sing on a stage all on my own but when I stood there I rather wanted to disappear. My mum arranged this show. She knew about my wish and threw this "little" party for friends of our family where I should sing something. She rented a venue which wasn't that big but it was more then big enough for me. When the time came, my mother pushed me on the stage and the spotlight was on me. The music began and I...did nothing. I couldn't do anything. Insteat, I just stood there starring at the amount of people who were starring back at me. Some of them had to hide their laughers, others had just a shocked looks on their faces. I let the microphone fall down to the ground and ran away. I was so embarrased and when I was out of sight I started to cry. My mother came over to me soon saying that I let her down and that she was embarrased because of me.
I never forget that day even though everyone else did.

"Hello?" Danny said suddenly and tore me out of my flashback for what I was thankfull. "No, I suck at it." I said quick and shook my head to come back to reality again. After that, it became silent again. I had nothing to say to him. "Well, I can sing a bit..." he said hesitatly. It seemed like he tried his best to keep the conversation going. "Look, dude..." I began: "I don't have anything to say I don't want to talk to you either. Do what ever you want to do for that project. I wont stop you. In the end I'll add my name under it and everything will be fine." I snapped, the first time looking at him. I was sure that the conversation was over by then. "Well, that's not how it goes." he suddenly said. I turned my head towards him, shocked by how impertinent he was. "What did you just say?" "I just wont do all the work on my own. Either you'll help me or your name wont be on it." I froze. I couldn't believe that he would say something like this. How could he?! "Well, we have a problem then. Because I wont meet you outside school. That's a sure thing." I snapped, playing with my phone again. "That's no problem for me. I can do this on my own. The question is whether you can, too." he said and I swear by god, he was smiling while saying that. But I had to face, that he had me with that. I had no idee about music and without him, I would fuck this project up completely. I rolled my eyes...again: "I'll come over to yours after school." He nodded insteat of giving me a propper answer and wrote down his adress and phonenumber. The rest of the lesson was silent. This was going to ba an aweful day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello again,
I wanted to say something: It would be very nice if you could help me out with my language. As I said, I'm from germany and when I keep doing the same mistake over and over again or something, it would be nice if you could tell me :) I just want this story to be more readable and better :)
Thank you :) :*