Everything You Have Done to Me

How it all began

Finally, school was over. When I exited the school building the warm air hit my skin which felt wonderful. I was on my way to the car, ready to leave and ride home to chill a bit and maybe go over to Jess' but then something poped into my mind..."Shit...fuck my life." I said to myself and facepalmed. Pulling out the little shiet I had in my backpocket, I realised that Danny only lived like five minutes away from home. Hopefully he wouldn't find out where I lived. So, after about five minutes of groaning I pulled out of the parkinglot and made my way over to him, hoping that I could leave as soon as possible again.

I arrived and was surprised by how sweet the house looked. Of course it wasn't as big as mine but it was sweet nevertheless. It was made out of stone and there were flowers all over the place. In front of the house there was a middelaged woman who was making some bushes looking more beautiful. One looked lika a heart, another like a hand, making the peace sign. It looked funny though. When I get off the car and slammed the door, the woman turned around and smiled at me. Only when she realised where I was going, she let go of her flower and came towards me. "Hello, does Danny live here?" I asked smiling. "He does." she said and shook my hand. "You're a friends of him?" she asked then, still smiling. I didn't knew what to answer then. I guessed, that this woman was his mother and I couldn't just say "No, I was forced to be here." So I just didn't answer the question: "Me and Danny have to do a project together." She thought for a second:"Aaah yes, you're Zoe right? Yeah he told me. He is inside, the door is open.". With that she began to work with the bush again, after giving me another smile. I was wondering why such a sweet person could have such a son. Due to the fact that she turned away from me, I guessed that the conversation was over and reluctantly, I made my way inside the house. The inside was just as sweet as the outside even though it was a bit messy but that wasn't a big deal, it gave the house a special charme, I thought.
"Hallo?" I yelled shy. I didn't know where he was nor where his room was. I heard foot steps coming from the stairs and turned around. There he stood, his head hung down as allways which made me roll my eyes again: "Would you stop looking to the ground for once?" I asked annoyed and crossed my arms infront of my chest. He lifted his head then, whiping his hair out of his face for once which reveald his bright blue-green eyes again. It was the first time I noticed the stubbles on his chin and cheeks which started to become an actuall beard. I was wondering how old he was but suddenly I noticed that I was starring at him for god knows how long allready and tore my glare away from him. "Should we go upstairs then?" he asked without even saying hello. I just nodded and followed him upstaires and inside of his room. The room looked awful in my oppinion. It was as big as my wardrobe, maybe even smaller and the walls were covered with wierd posters of creepy looking people. In one edge I found an acoustic guitar and a keyboard next to it. On the other side of the room there was a professional looking microphone which made me wonder whether he was something like a professional singer or something even though I couldn't imagine him doing something professional in general.
"So, what shall I do? I've told you that I have no idea when it's about music." I said and sat down on his bed, my legs crossed. "Well uhm..." he thought for a moment "Did you ever wrote lyrics or something?" he asked shyly, sitting on a chair next to his bed. "Nope." I lied. "Ok...you want me to show you what you're into?" you could tell that he wanted to be nice. I wondered why though. I did my best to be a bitch towards him all the time and he was nice nevertheless. "I can tell that you don't like the music I like, just by looking at you." I snapped looking up and down at him. "I guess you're right." I can tell that he was annoyed which I liked. Finally he would stop being so faked nice. He stood up and took some papershiets out of his desk which were filled with notes and lyrics as far as I could see. When he found the shiet he was searching, he took his guitar and played some melodic rhythms. Sometimes he'd stop to make some notes and then started playing again. I listened to it without saying one word and watched his hands, trying to find out how he made those beautiful sounds. Then he began to mumble something but I couldn't understand what he was saying. Then he stoped again: "Uhm, since you don't play any instruments or sing...I could teach you something maybe?" he asked very shy, fiddleing with his fingers as if he'd be nervous. I rolled my eyes: "No thank you. I can cut everything you record if you want me to but I can do this at home as well." I just said playing with my phone again.
"You know what? We can as well just use one song I recorded earlier. I will put your name in the credits, don't worrie. I know that you don't want to be here and that's allright. You can go if you want, it's ok." he suddenly said upset and played some soothing rhythms again after, mainly to himself, I guessed. I should have been happy about that. I should have gone immediately but insteat I said: "No, I'll stay." I didn't know why I said this and facepalmed mentaly only one second after I said it. What was going on with me?! "Show me how you play this." What the fuck Zoe! Would you just shut up and leave?!?! A smile appeared on his face. He sat down next to me on the bed but still kept distance and gave me some basicknowledge about guitars. He told me everything about the threads and explained me what tabs are and how I can read them. I sucked in every information I got as good as I could. To my surprise, it was really interessting.
"You want to try?" he asked at some point smiling. It seemed like he gained self-confidence as soon as he held his guitar in hands. "Sure but I'll be aweful." I said and took the guitar. "Uhm..." he fought against laughers. "What?" I asked sternly. "You're holding it the wrong way..." I looked at it and noticed that I DID held it the wrong way. Well, this was a good start. I turned it around and looked at the shiet Danny held up. The "song" only consisted of four different notes but after some minutes of practicing and failing over and over again, I understood that it was the rhythm he played earlier which was so beautiful in my oppinion. "You're doing great." he said which made me doing a miskate again. I looked at him then, lifting an eyebrow: "Yeah, sure." I said sarcastic, not sure whether he was serious or just joking. "Really, you've got talent." he smiled at me, a brighter smile I've ever seen on him. I don't know why but something on his face convinced me that he indeed was serious. That was, when I realised with whom I was actually: "Well, thank you." I snapped and gave him back his guitar. "So, I'll cut your stuff then as soon as you have recorded it and we're done, right?" I asked. He hesitated and his smile which was so bright some seconds ago, faded again. "Y-Yes ok. You can as well just play the rhythm guitar since you did so well but you don't have to." he said, his head hanging down again. Before I could say anything, his mom entered the room: "Hey sweeties. Lunch is ready, you're hungry?" I indeed was hungry but I would feel uncomfortable eating with them and before I could answer Danny said: "Yeah, only one minute." and with that his mother left again. "You want to come?" he asked, allready knowing what I was going to answer, I guessed. "No thank you. Can't I just wait here?" he nodded disappointed. "Ok uhm, then feel free to use the pc or the guitar or what ever. I'll be right back." Actually, I wanted to say "Yeah, sadly." but I thought it wouldn't be appropiate being so rude in his own house. So, I just said: "Yup." and kept playing with my phone, not looking at him when he left the room and shut the door.
I looked around the room and wandered around a bit to get a closer look of the posters which were hanging around everywhere. I didn't know any of those bands besides one. There was I giant Journey poster on the door. I only knew one or two songs of them but I liked them. I didn't expect Danny listening to them, I thought he would just listen to this screaming stuff but I guessed I was wrong. I became tired of it soon and took the laptop which was laying on his bed. Happily it wasn't secured with a password so I could easily use it. I checked my facebook and twitter first and rushed through his musicfolders then. One folder was titled "My Music". I was wodnering whether it was music which he created himself or not, so I opened it to find out. There were two folders then. The first was titled "solo" and the second was titeld "Asking Alexandria Demos". The second caught my attention and I klicked at it. There were a bunch of songs and I listened to every singel one of them or at least to parts of it. It was clear that Danny was the singer, one could hear it and he had an amazing voice but I hated the music. It was a shame that he wasted his talented like that. After I got enough, I opened the other folder which was titled "solo". I wasn't expecting anything different but was surprised when some beautiful balades and soothing sounds started to play. The songs sounded different. Even though they were still kind of rocky which I normaly didn't like, they sounded good to me.
"What are you doing?!" suddenly came from behind me. I turned around in shock and saw Danny, standing there just as shocked as I was. He ran towards the laptop and stoped the music. "I've told you to use the pc not the laptop!" he almost yelled. I didn't know why he was freaking out like that. "Sorry, I didn't know it cared." I just said without really being sorry. "Why are you freaking out like that anyway? I like some of the songs." I added as if it would be nothing. "You do?" he asked, a blank expression on his face. "Yup. But the Asking Alexandria stuff sucks, what ever "Asking Alexandria" should mean." "It's my band." he simply said. "Yeah, I figured. Well, you're better on your own as far as I can assess that." I said. "It's just not your music, so you can't assess it at all." he snapped what surprised me a bit. "You act more confident when it's about music." I said then. "And? What's the matter?" he kept snapping at me like a little bitch. "I just don't like ignorant fucks when it's about music." Did he just...? "Did you just call me an ignorant fuck?!" I yelled out of shock. "I guess." he just answered with his arms crossed in front of his chest and looked at me. I was sick of this and I was not going to let him insult me like that but he wasn't worth an argument. "I'll go now." I simply said insteat and took my phone and purse and left without another word.
This guy was much too impertinent.