Status: Update whenever I can

Every Part of Me

Chapter 1

I walked through the halls of the Rogers Arena. I walked as fast as I can to get in the locker room quickly before all reporters come crowd the players. My job is the most important because I work directly for Canucks tv. I had to gather all this information from the key players of the game and the coaching staff in only 2 hours. I know you might think that two hours is plenty of time, but it's not.
I was late but luckily on my way I saw my husband of only two months Eddie Lack by a door. "Come here" he called out with a big smile on his face. He always had a big smile on his face, this is one of the many things I love about him. I ran over to him in my three inch heels as fast as I could. "Hey babe nice game" I said once I reached him. He bent down a little to kiss me. It was longer than I intended but it felt great so I didn't care. Once he pulled away I slowly opened my eyes and snapped back to reality. "I need to get in there for my report tonight" I pointed to the locker room. "That's why I called you over, we're going to push people out the way" he laughed. We walked in the locker room pushing past a crowd of people. I got to the coaches; who I usually interviewed first since most reporters went to the players first. Once I got there I got another kiss from Eddie, "thanks" I smiled. He ran his finger across his forehead, that's our code for 'you got it.'

I was finished within an hour and 45 minutes which was enough time to get the story together for my segment on Canucks tv in an hour.
Like always I went in a quiet part of the arena and started typing notes on the game and trying to get appropriate recaps from the game that corresponds with what the players and coaching staff said about it.

Eddie and I met up and drove a few blocks to the tv studio they used. I had my laptop with me as I sat on the passenger side of Eddie's car. "You have everything ready?" he glanced towards me. "Yeah it's all here" I patted the laptop with my hand. "Good, what you say about me?" he grinned.
"You'll see tonight" I nodded my head.

We got to the studio a few minutes later. He always came with me and stood on the side.
He's been doing this since a few months into our relationship. We've been together for a year and 10 months and married for 2. I met him on my first day of reporting for them. I was born in New York and moved to Vancouver when I was 13. My whole family moved there because when we took a vacation there they fell in love with it.
I walked into the arena for the first time, nervous as can be. I walked through halls to get to the locker room, at that time I reported from my own blog. I did a story on the game and then uploaded a video of me reporting on it near the ice rink.
As I walked through the halls I literally ran into him. "Sorry" he said in the cutest accent."It's fine" scratched the back of my head. When I looked into his beautiful bright blue eyes I couldn't help but want to stare at them forever. "Where you going?" he asked.
"Locker room to report on the game" I smiled. "Oh" he nodded his head. "I can take you there. I'm Eddie, I just got called up to the team."
"I heard and did a story on that for my blog. I was supposed to get an interview with you but couldn't."
"You seemed to not know who I was."
"I rarely saw what you looked like" I laughed and he joined in. "I'm Nina by the way" I smiled.
"Beautiful name" he said sweetly.
"Thank you" I said nervously. "Follow me" he said and I followed.
A week later I asked if I could have a video interview with him for my blog and he accepted the offer. On that day he asked me out and after a month of dates he and I started dating.

I walked in the studio after getting my notes printed out. I placed them on the table and sat down. A woman came up to me to touch up my makeup. The producer came up to me, "you'll be on in five minutes the press conference is almost over." I nodded and smiled at him.
Eddie came up to me at the desk, "hello beautiful" he smiled and propped his elbows up on the desk.
"Hi you look exhausted" I reached over and pushed hair out of his eyes.
"A little" he yawned.
"Well take a nap I have an hour" I reached my face over the desk and kissed him. "Did my lipstick get ruined?" I asked him and he laughed. "You're fine."
"Eddie get on the side. We have 30 seconds till air" the producer said. Eddie walked over to a seat on the other side of the room. He put his thumbs up as the producer yelled out, "3...2..."
"Good evening Vancouver I'm Nina Treletta. The Canucks had a 3-1 victory over the Predators. The star of the game with 2 goals is the captain Henrik Sedin. With 1 goal and 2 assists Ryan Kesler. We're going to take a look at Kesler's beautiful game winning goal."

Eddie and I finally got home around 1:00. "I still have left over dinner from yesterday" Eddie said once we got in the door. "What's left?"
He went in the fridge and got out some plastic tubs of food. "You look um uneasy" he got closer to my face and looked into my eyes. My parents are coming to stay for the weekend and they don't really like Eddie. They think his job isn't important and thinks I should have married a doctor. They said I could do better than Eddie. He knew they aren't crazy about him, but it was weird because they never got a chance to know him. Automatically they didn't like him. He's Swedish and not Italian, he plays hockey; which they think is not a real job. At one point they actually debated on even coming to my wedding. They did in the end, but I'm still angry at them about that.
"My uh, parents are staying for the weekend" I said fast. It was like ripping a bandage off. He stepped back slightly, "why?"
"They wanted to see us, well me."
"I know they don't want see me."
"I know they don't but please don't let them get in your head" I went over the other side of the counter and wrapped my arms around his waist."It doesn't matter what they think. It only matters what I think and I love you." He started running his fingers through my hair. "I love you too, very much." he kissed the top of my head.
"Your parents have not talked to us since the wedding."
"I know which is why I was confused. I just don't want them to be rude to you."
"I know how to deal with your parents."
"Ok" I said in almost a whisper. He bent down to kiss me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Review