Status: Update whenever I can

Every Part of Me

Chapter 4

I just got off the phone with my mom and actually had a full conversation. She wanted to start again and stay for another weekend and of course i said yes. If I said no then she'd blame Eddie which will get me nowhere. My mission is to get them to absolutely love him or at least accept the fact he's my husband. I don't count on the first thing happening but the latter is more realistic. I walked back into the living room with the house phone in my hands. I took a deep breath as I plopped down on the couch next to him. "Hi" he turned my head slowly to meet his face.
"Hey" I smiled.
"What's up?" he took the phone from my hands and set it on the side table. I turned my body half way to him and broke the news easily. "Well my parents are coming next weekend." I paused so he could take it in and maybe shout about how bad of an idea that is. He didn't say anything so I continued, "they are giving it a second chance and are open to see how we live."
"So judging us?" he said with raised eyebrows.
"Um no" my face fell. "I just want them to give you another chance because it's what you deserve." I was pretty good at talking my way through things. I knew how to make stuff sound less intimidating than they are.
"Nina I love you but this isn't going to work. Their mind is made up and you know it. All this is is more critic- whatever that word is."
"Criticism" I nodded, helping him out.
"Yeah that, that's all it would be they just want to make you happy."
"By making me happy is to accept you." I wrapped my arms around him. "I love you" I kissed his forehead.
"One negative comment about me and they can get out of my house" he was serious. It was kind of hot when he got heated. I smiled, "I respect that."
He rolled his head slowly relieving some tension. "Tack" he smiled.
"You're welcome."
"We have a week to prepare" he laid his head back on the couch.
I nodded, "mentally."
"Yes" he laughed.
"Be yourself."
"You mean kiss their ass" he shook his head.
"No Eddie" I stood up quick and turned to him with my hands on my hips. For the first time in our relationship I was legitimately mad at him for that comment. He thought it was a joke. Maybe I'm being over sensitive but that's the exact opposite of what I wanted him to do. Either he wanted to be a smart ass or wanted to be cute.
"Why you mad at me?" he threw his hands in the air.
"That was a terrible thing to say to me. I tried to steer you away from that and it's what you think I should do."
"You're reacting way above the radar you need to calm" he spread out on the couch. "Come kiss me" he smiled.
I scoffed, rolled my eyes and walked away. I heard him call out "what" to me. I walked into the bedroom and grabbed his pillow then went to the closet and got a blanket. I stood at the balcony facing the living room and threw it down to him.
"What's this for?"
"I'm not in the mood for this good night." I stormed back in the room. Okay maybe that was overreacting but it happened and it's done. We only made it three months and already he's on the couch for the night. It takes most married couples a few years before the husband gets thrown out of his bedroom. And most couples will disagree with me on throwing him out for this.

The morning came and I went downstairs to Eddie making breakfast. I felt a little awkward about last night but I walked in. "Hey" I greeted him.
"Hi, you throw me out of kitchen too?"
"No" I shook my head. "I'm sorry about that I was just angry."
"Maybe talk it through" he flipped a pancake onto a plate.
I wasn't really thinking that through last night. I think I'm turning into my mother. "I know I should have done that babe and I'm sorry. I refuse to turn into mom" I whispered the last part and he didn't question. "I forgive you of course" he kissed me then handed me a plate of pancakes and scrambled eggs. "Thank you" I smiled.
"Well tomorrow is road trip for three days" Eddie sat next to me on the bar stool and placed his plate on the counter in front of him. "I know" I pouted my lips. That reminded me that I had a lot of work to do on some articles for my Canucks blog.
"Oh did you check fantasy?" he asked.
"No why?" I took a sip of coffee.
"I went up 4 points yesterday."
"Oh awesome" I looked at him. "I'll have to write that down. Did any of my captains gain points?"
"I only paid attention to me" he laughed. I caressed his cheek, "awe."
He laughed, "shave or no?"
I looked at him intently for a while but not paying attention to his facial hair. His eyes are just so blue you get lost in them. "No you're good."

We finished and jumped in his car. The team has an afternoon practice and I have some segments for Canucks TV. It only took us 20 minutes to get to the arena. I started preparing for the interviews while Eddie and the team were skating.
"Nina I need your guidelines" my boss Frank asked from across the room. I walked halfway to greet him with the paper in my hands.
The guys started filing through the halls. I sat in my small office three doors from the locker room. The pile of work was stacked up on the edge of my desk. Normally I'm pretty organized but now that it's almost playoffs my work increased. There was a lot to cover between commentary notes, locker room interview notes, and everything for my blog, like fantasy scores I have to update and scores for the whole NHL. Sometimes I feel like pulling my hair out but I just do some meditation in the office. I sat back in my desk after closing the door then put on light music to relax. Usually it works but this time I was interrupted by a knock at the door. I shut my playlist on my phone and stood up to answer the door. "Hi" I smiled at the cameraman, Bill.
"We're ready" he nodded, smiling back.
I stepped out leaving the door open behind me. I was greeted by a makeup person and someone handed me a microphone. An intern named Jackie held up some of my notes so I could read them before I go on camera. I nodded to myself as I read. "Got it, thanks" I smiled at her. I felt someone tap me on the shoulder. I turned to see my husband with the biggest grin on his face. "What?" I laughed. "I told the guys you made me sleep on the couch" he smirked.
I shook my head and walked to the first person I had to interview.
"Hey Daniel?" I wasn't sure if I was at the right spot. Looking in his eyes, he could be his brother so I wasn't sure.
"Yes that's me" he laughed.
"Okay good" I smiled, "you're first." I conducted the interviews.
After every video is done filming I review it with the editors and take out anything I don't want or particularly need. The video had to be cut to the maximum of 8 minutes and we have 26 minutes of interviews. It was a lot of work but it's fun to watch.

Eddie and I got home at 5 and he started dinner. He took a shower at the arena so I took one while he cooked. I hated dressing up for work but at the end of the day I get to wear comfortable clothes and wipe off all the makeup from the day. I took a warm shower then changed into my pajamas before going downstairs. Tonight Eddie and I were going to stay in an watch movies before he has to go on the road. When he comes back I planned a great date night to warm him up for my parents arrival the day after. I walked over to the balcony overlooking the kitchen "smells good." He looked up at me and smiled. I went to the kitchen to help him out. Usually he does the cooking, and I help whenever he lets me, it's my job to wash dishes. We rarely eat nice slowly prepared dinners being at games until midnight. Usually for game night it's heated up leftovers or a one pot meal from a box or can. We used to have a big dinner before the games but we ended up not feeling to well as we ran around the arena and the rink.
"What's cookin' good lookin'?" I smiled.
He laughed, "kiss the chef and you find out." He puckered his lips and gave me a quick kiss. "I am making spicy sloppy joes" he nodded. That was one of my favorite things Eddie makes, that and his mom's meatball recipe. "Yum" I rubbed his back. "I'll get out of your way chef" I walked to the other side of the counter and sat on the stool watching him.
"Playing the Hurricanes tomorrow huh?" I asked him.
"Yup" he nodded. "Any on your fantasy?" he looked at me as he stirred the pan.
"I have Ward" I thought for a moment.
"Better not be main goalie" he smiled.
"No, you're my number one and I hope I won't regret that" I pointed my finger sternly at him.
He laughed, "you will not."
I nodded, "good."

I fell asleep on Eddie's shoulder and I felt him carry me up the stairs. He placed me down on the bed and whispered, "I know you awake." I opened my eyes and laughed. "In all fairness I woke up when you picked me up. I was sleeping just fine."
"My fault, oh okay" he climbed in bed next to me.
"Yes it is." I was looking up at the plain ceiling then his face came into view. I pouted my lips then curved them into a smile; I did it a few times.
"Are you going to kiss me or what?"
"What" I smiled and turned around. "Goodnight" I heard him scoff. I immediately fell back asleep and had a dream that made me indifferent. My parents were over the house along with my sister, her husband and two girls. I haven't seen my nieces in a few years so I still dreamt them as babies. For some reason my dad and brother in law were standing on one side and on the other was Eddie. My nieces were crying so my sister was off to the side. All of a sudden it wasn't my house anymore, it was my childhood home. Eddie started cursing out which was the first time I heard him curse, at least in front of me. Dad started storming over to Eddie as my mom and I screamed. My brother in law Jake tried to grab dad but couldn't. Just as dad was about to punch Eddie I woke up in a cold sweat.
I caught my breath as I sat up quickly. Eddie was in the corner of the room packing last minute things. "Everything ok?"
"Yeah" I flashed a fake smile. "Um what time is it?"
"5:30 in the morning." He looked at his watch and back at me. "Will you be okay when I leave?" he asked.
"Yeah I'll be fine."
"Okay well Tanev's here to pick me up" he walked over to me then gave me a kiss on my head. "I'll call you when I board" he kissed my lips this time.
"Have fun" I smiled.
"You too I'll see you in a few days" he left the room. I had to wake up in an hour anyway so I got up and did some work before I had to leave for the arena. At the end of the hour I got a call from work saying not to come in today. We had a set back so it won't be resolved until tomorrow evening.
I didn't sit on the couch for a minute before I heard my phone ring. I walked over to the kitchen where it was charging. I pressed the speaker button on the screen.
"Hi." the number came up as private.
"Hey sis" I heard Gianna's snooty voice.
"What's up?" I forced myself to smile and sound happy that she called.
"Is there room for me, Jake and the girls?" Oh man my dream will probably come true. I knew that if they stayed my parents would act the same toward Eddie, or worse.
"Um I don't know."
"Not for the night" she laughed. "Just Saturday."
"Yeah I'd love to see Leah and Vicky" I really wanted to see them again and that's really the only reason I'll have them over.
"Okay great. Oh I missed you sis" she sounded insincere but I shrugged it off. "Missed you too" I tried to sound convincing but I'm not sure nor do I care how it came out.
"How's the sports guy?"
"You mean Eddie?" I rolled my eyes, "he's fine just on an away game."
"That's nice. Jake's firm is growing and I'm starting a higher position on the magazine." I guess dad's being good to her. I haven't spoken to him in a month, only dealt with mom.
"How's work for you?"
"Great, I am now a commentator for live game coverage. I became the first woman commentator in franchise history." I was very proud of that.
"Well I have to go get the girls ready for school" she changed the subject to fit her. I knew she didn't care. I don't know why I even wasted my breath.
"See you" I said as she hung up. I really can't stand that woman.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is very late haha but I'm starting up again. Read my blog to find out why :)
hope you continue to like it