All Men Must Die

valar morghulis

“I know I have had this a long time coming – what king doesn’t – but you… You will be killed for this. You won’t leave the castle alive!” Joffrey spat as blood dripped over his left eye, leaking from a gash across his forehead. The man before him didn’t react as he spun his thin sword in his hands, knuckles smeared with Joffrey’s blood. “What is it you were saying before? Valar morghulis? All men must die.” The man smirked as Joffrey repeated the saying that he had lived by for many years.

“Yes, but I am no man,” he chuckled. Before Joffrey’s stunned eyes, the man’s face changed. Everything aside from the shaggy, hastily cut, brown hair morphed into a young woman’s face. Joffrey gasped as he recognised the woman who he had last seen as a girl. Needle was graciously tossed into Arya’s left hand and she then held the blade poised and aimed at the false king’s neck.

“This is for my father, and brother, and all of those that you have also wronged.” Joffrey did not move, exhausted from his beating and bound tightly to the chair. Arya extended her arm and her sword slowly pierced through Joffrey’s throat. She didn’t stop until Needle broke free on the other side and Joffrey stopped gargling. Justice had finally been served.