Status: Completed

The Broken Ginger

What Are You Doing Here?

*Alan's P.O.V.*
Austin was making breakfast when there was a knock at the door. "I'll get it." I shouted to Austin as I walked to the door. I opened it and I gasped. My mom was standing in the doorway. I felt all the pain I experienced the night she left. "What are you doing here?" I asked weakly. "I heard your father was abusing you before and I just wanted to see if you were all right." she sighed. "You didn't seem like you gave a shit about me the day you left." I said. "I don't really. I just didn't think that he would end up hurting you." she rolled her eyes. What the hell? She's getting an attitude towards me? "Get the fuck away from my house." I heard Austin growl behind me. "Who in the hell are you?" my mom asked. "He's my amazing boyfriend who also owns this house, so you have to leave." I crossed my arms. "I was hoping that when I found you, that maybe you wouldn't be such a disappointment. You're worse than I expected." she sneered and walked to her car. She drove off. I broke down. I felt worthless. Austin picked me up bridal style and carried me into the living room. After about 10 minutes of crying, I finally stopped. I still hurt from her words. I looked at Austin. "I feel like you have to do this way too often." I sniffled. "I would do anything for you." he gently kissed me. I pulled back. "Lets go eat." I got up. Austin nodded and followed me. He served breakfast. We ate in a comfortable silence.