Status: I'm not great at this, I'm sorry

And Going Away Means Forgetting

Am I Dreaming?

"Can we go shopping please?" Cam dragged me down the hall to her scarlet red car. She has a license, well at least she says she has one.

"Can I not go?" I begged her, not that I don't really want to hang out with her. It's just that I'm tired. "I'm really tired. Come on I had two hours of Physics. Wouldn't it drain your brain?"

"No,"

"Well mine did so good bye Cam." I turned my back to Cam and started to casually walk away from her. You know that dramatic effect when you slowly walk away waiting for her to say something like "Fine, I'll buy you dinner." or "Ugh. God damn it Jane I'll buy you some new shoes,". Yeah I did that and Cam gave in.

"Damn it Jane. I'll buy you pizza."

"Just pizza?" Pit-zzzzz-ah.

"Yeah. And, and maybe we can go to the movies." I knew Cam needed me because Kennedy hasn't been home for a week, and so did Rob. We haven't contacted each other since he left. He hasn't replied to my text nor to my calls either. Jesus what is his god damn problem.

Without hesitations, I got into her car and took the passenger's seat. Cam hopped in to the driver's seat, obviously, and tucked her seatbelt. "Seatbelt," she commanded before she fixed her rearview mirror. "I don't want you to crash my newly-tinted windshield." Who knew Cam loved her newly-tinted windshield more than her friend.

Typical

"So," She spoke. "Did Rob talk to you yet?" I shrugged and took a deep breath. I looked at the window beside me and rested my head.

"It's gonna be okay. Maybe, maybe there is no signal where ever he is, you know." She reached for my hand and squeezed them. I still don't know how Cam could cope with the fact that his boyfriend is out for a week without conversations and everything. I mean call me a clingy girlfriend but hello, my damn boyfriend just left without me knowing.

"Okay. Here's the thing. Our boyfriends are not around. So why not have a girl's night tonight?" She said excitedly.

I just stared at her.

"What?" She whined. "Don't look at me like you're Wednesday Addams, God. Don't be like her. It's like you hate everything in the world. Be optimistic. It's my only chance to be with you without Mr. Rob," Emphasis on Mr. Rob, "Keeping you in his lair." She rubbed in. I chuckled. It was true. Whenever there would be parties or girls' night out, Rob would either a) allow me but only for an hour, b) be there the whole time with his friends, c) be my bodyguard and not guys could talk to me and d) not all me at all. It's like he doesn't trust me.

We pulled off at the parking lot of the mall.

"We need to buy a lot of stuff for later. We need marshmallows, lots of sour tapes and sour patch kids, punch, diet coke and red cups." She read through her notes, listed in her phone. "Not to mention, lots and lots of Alcohol. And you young lady, go buy some clothes and have fun. I don't want you to wear that bandana over your head later. Okay?"

"Are you sure the counter guy will allow you to purchase lots and lots of Alcohol?" Uhl-coh-hol.

"I have fake I.D.." She winked.

That made me shut my mouth, my best friend have fake I.D to buy Alcohol, holy shit. So fucking bad ass.

Cam's like a mom. That typical mom who would judge your clothing telling you 'you look like a hobo' or 'is that the only pair of jeans and shirt you have?' I don't invest in clothes. I only wear a pair of jeans and lose shirts. I'm not a slutty girl like Cam who has all the different kind of clothing or has different boyfriends every month. Hopefully, she wouldn't end up doing that to Kennedy. Kennedy's the most respectable and kindest boyfriend Cam had, by far.

I went in to the mall and looked for a store who sold dresses. I'm actually buying my second dress ever (second dress ever with Cam's money). I saw a peach floral skater dress and tried it on. It was the first time that I didn't have a hard time looking for a dress. I knew Cam wanted me to buy a dress. I remember her rules whenever there would be girls' night out and one of them would be to wear a dress, no jeans and shirt. Either a dress or get the fuck out. Cam always hosts the night outs so she thought of making rules. Rules that will only apply to both of us so I knew she was hitting it on me.

I bought the dress immediately as soon as I got my size.

I left the store and walked to the edge of the railing, resting my elbows on the aircon-cold metal. I texted Cam telling her that I was already done, hoping she's done too. I looked down and around the ground floor to see if there was a coffee shops where I could stay to wait for Cam. There was none, sadly. I looked across me and scanned the area. I called Cam.

"Hey I'm done." I bit my lip.

"Guess what,"

"What?" I rolled my eyes.

"Kennedy surprised me! Kennedy's here!" She screamed over the phone. My ear wanted to explode. I swallowed hard right after she had broken my eardrums.

"No need to scream the shit out of me, Cam." I looked at the person across the other side of the floor. He was over the phone too and he was facing me. He looked so familiar. Wavy honey brown hair with light highlights to compliment, his hair was all pulled back; messy yet scrumptious, tall and lanky, still skinny and his mesmerizing green eyes. My heart started to beat faster, short breaths caught me and I couldn't move. I wanted to tear up and call out his name but I wasn't sure. I was not sure if it was him. Cam kept talking to me over the phone, I didn't understand a thing she was saying.

He started walking and removing the phone over his ear; shoving them to his front pocket. He knuckled punch some dudes with the same height coming from his other side. His thin lips and his neatly aligned white teeth, his smile. It was definitely him. He faced my direction again and smiled, it's like he knew I was there but of course, he didn't. He kept laughing with his dudes and saying "Hey, hey, hey!!". He hugged them in relief, I could see.

"Jane? Jane!" Cam called out and I was back to reality. I couldn't believe it. Am I dead? Am I even alive? Is this really him?

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Cam." I took a deep breath; with rusty voice I said, "I think. I think I just saw John, my John O'Callaghan."
♠ ♠ ♠
is this okay?