Legend of the Grey Wolf

Sending shivers up my spine,

I paced back and forth in Demetri’s room. I was surprised by it. I imagined a messy, dark room but instead I was walking back and forth in a clean, bright room. The walls were white and his bed and dresser and desks were all a warm brown. I thought to Aime.

God, I was worried about her. I know he just ordered her into a guest room but anything could be happening right now. I let out a frustrated growl. I don’t care that he is an alpha! I’m going to smash his alpha face in!

“Can you stop moving.” Kelly snapped at me, her face buried in an old spell book. She was frustrated.

“Can you put me with Aime?” I snapped back. She let out an annoyed sigh.

“No.”

“Then no.” I replied, completely annoyed. She growled and pushed her face into a different book. Then she paused, a dawning coming on her face. She looked at me.

“What color is your wolf?” She asked, almost excited. I hated this question, I was boring.

“Grey.” She smiled.

“Ever heard the Legend of the Grey Wolf?” I shook my head. I have heard of it but I didn’t know the story. Her eyes glazed over and no doubt she was talking to Demetri. She pulled out a book off a shelf in his room, it looked like a childrens book and I just looked at her skeptically as she tossed the book at me. She got up and started pacing excitedly.

“The Legend of the Grey Wolf. There is one female born every time the Perseid meteor shower comes to earth that is completely average.” I frowned at her, she thinks I’m average. “She grows up with good morals, and good friends and a normal life yet when it comes to mating, every male wants to be her mate.” Demetri entered the room, but didn’t interrupt. “The moon goddess allows her to choose her mate, for the hope that her good morals can end feuds between packs and create peace.” Demetri scrunched up his face.

“Wait, you think that she is the grey wolf?” He didn’t have to hear much to know what she was talking about. Kelly nodded happily.

“So what are you saying, I have to choose a mate?” Kelly nodded again, she was so happy with herself! “And what about their mate. Do they just not get a mate anymore?” I said annoyed. Kelly, still smiling, shrugged.

“I don’t know, but who cares! I figured it out!” I growled under my breath.

“Yeah I don’t think so. Thats a childrens book.” I crossed my arms. She rolled her eyes.

“Based on a legend.” I glared at her as she glared at me. I was completely annoyed with Kelly.

“Calm down ladies. I-” I cut Demetri off.

“Let me see Aime.” I crossed my arms. He nodded and opened the door for me. Surprised with how easily he complied, I felt my cheeks warm up as I left his room. He led me a few doors down, and I opened it to see Aime laying down on a bed on an Ipad. When she saw me, her face instantly lit up.

“Belle! Say Hi!” She called. She turned the Ipad towards me and I saw Gris and Beau on the other end. She was skyping them. I instantly smiled, forgetting that I was with Demetri.

“Belle. You look good.” Beau said happily. I could tell he felt the mating bond through the camera, because of how he held himself. I smiled lightly at him.

“You do to. You look good too Gris.” I didn’t realize how much I missed them until now. I sat down next to Aime.

“God Belle you are beautiful.” Beau said, looking longingly into the camera. It was awkward for a second, until Aime cut in.

“Ewwwwwww I know she is cursed or whatever but that is disgusting.” I giggled a bit at Aime while Gris gave me a small smile and threw his arm around Beau who looked completely devastated.

“We’ll figure this out and then I’ll come home. Alright?” Demetri growled, causing me to slump my head down. Gris and Beau were growling on the other side of the camera.

“Who the hell is growling at you guys.” Gris said with clenched teeth. I wanted to roll my eyes and make a comment about over protective brothers, but I couldn’t as the Ipad was snatched out of Aime’s hands and the call was ended. I glared at Demetri who looked completely pissed off.

“What the hell was that?” I said annoyed. I wish I could have screamed that in his face but my wolf was so cowered down inside me it came out a little above a whisper. He glared at nothing in particular.

“You just found out you can choose, I’m not going to let you flirt with other guys in front of me.” I scoffed, gaining a bit of confidence.

“That was my brother.” He looked accusingly at me.

“And?” He said between clenched teeth. I scoffed, actually shocked. He thinks I would choose Beau out of all of this! No! I didn’t feel any feelings towards him romantically, he was my brother for christs sakes. It was his feelings that changed because of this god damn stupid mother fucking curse. “Why wasn’t your other brother all flirty?” He asked, his anger replaced by curiosity.

“Beau is unmated. Gris had a mate.” I shrugged, that was the only logical explanation.

“You two fight more than mom and dad.” I rolled my eyes at Aimes comment. When my dad was alive, my parents never fought. My mom and Yashar fight an obnoxious amount. My guess is because he is dominant, while my dad was one of the lowest wolves in the pack. It didn’t matter though to my mom.

“How do I fix this, if it really is the Legend of the Grey Wolf.” I said annoyed. Aime’s curious glances between us didn’t go unnoticed.

“Pick me, and we’ll find a way together.” He said, his voice husky. My wolf was ecstatic. Mainly because he was an alpha and therefor I would produce powerful pups but I forced myself to look skeptical.

“Please, I don’t know anything about you. I don’t even know your last name. Or your middle!” I cried. He smirked.

“My name is Demetri Aleksey Maxwell.” He smirked. “Pick me.” He said sternly. Aime cut in again.

“Awwwwwww! I can practically smell the lust in the room! Did I say lust, I meant love.” She winked at me and I felt myself groaning. Leave it it Aime to try to hook me up with someone while we are technically prisoners. Demetri chuckled and winked at Aime.

“Just let me go find this witch I came this way for in the first place. I’ll think about it!” I said hopefully. Demetri chuckled and brushed a stray piece of hair from my face.

“Like I would let you leave my side before we are mates?” He looked at me skeptically. I groaned, he was being completely serious. I sighed again, and feeling desperate for a smoke. I don’t smoke like a chimney or anything, just a couple cigarettes a day usually gives me my fix.

“Can I smoke?” I asked quietly. He had an amused smirk.

“Baby, smoking kills you.” He was standing uncomfortably close. I took that as a yes anyways and took the pack out of my back pocket. They were slightly crushed but I propped open the window and lit the cigarette, breathing in the nicotine happily.

“That wasn’t a yes! Obviously!” Aime shrieked from behind me. She hated my smoking habit with a passion, mainly because she just did her drug unit in ninth grade health and learned all the bad effects of alcohol and cigarettes and weed and everything else that me, Beau, and Gris had been doing since we were her age. She was the baby of the family, but Gris went through the same phase as she is going through now.

“I’m stressed out. Deal with it.” I took another drag of the cigarette and when I felt Demetri sit next to me and slip his arm around me, I turned and blew all the smoke in his face. He let out an annoyed sigh and waved his hands around trying to get it away.

“Seriously my entire life I have been decidedly not having serious relationships because of my mate and when I meet her, she wants nothing to do with me.” I clenched my teeth.

“How many times do I have to tell you that I’m not your mate!” I said annoyed. He huffed and took my cigarette and tossed it out the window. Then, he proceeded to wrap his arms around my waist and smell me. His eyes were closed and Aime was mocking me and him, acting it out. I glared at her and mouthed ‘stop it’ but it didn’t stop her.

She had snuggled into her pillow and started rubbing her head back and forth into it, much like how Demetri was doing to me. She stopped every now and then to silently laugh or shoot me and amused look while I just glared at her. This is what I get for bringing the child along.

“Fine.” He mumbled into my neck. I instantly smiled. He was going to let me go! “Let me pack some things and grab a couple of men. We’ll leave for this witch in the morning.” My heart sunk.

“W-What?” I stuttered as he just smirked at me.

“Well I want you fixed just as much as you do. You aren’t choosing me, and like hell I’m letting you go off alone. So I’ll just let Beta Jules watch over the pack for a bit while I fix my luna.” He said lovingly. I scowled. He called me his luna.