Legend of the Grey Wolf

Calling to others of his kind.

I stood by Brent and helped him set up his and Kales tent while watching Aime in the corner of my eye, flirting helplessly with Henry while he completely ignored her. I felt sort of bad for Enrique, he was sleeping with Henry. Although the rooming for me, Kelly, Aime, and Demetri wasn’t stated I’m sure it was clear that I was staying with Aime because I wouldn’t get any sleep if I was stuck with Demetri. He would just keep trying to touch me or cuddle with me or something.

“Poor girl, shes going to get eaten alive.” Brent said laughing. I rolled my eyes.

“I feel bad for his mate. Like his mate likes the idea of a girl flirting with him. Even if she is just fourteen, don’t you feel possessive as heck?” I asked Brent. Knowing he is mated is comforting, he isn’t obsessed with me. He shrugged.

“Its mostly a guy thing. Like if I saw a fourteen year old boy flirting with Lissa I would put him in his place so fast, but I still see other girls. I’m not blind when it comes to other woman's beauty and how they compare to my mate. Like you for example, your hair is much more beautiful than Lissa’s. Of course though, I love Lissa.” I laughed, but understood his explanation. In my last pack, some male wolves were faithful to their mate but usually not when they were young. They cheated all the time. When they started settling down and having pups is usually when the guys stopped being complete assholes and realized how amazing their mate was.

I scoffed, remembering back when I was able to gossip about my future mate with my friends, saying that he was going to so smitten with me he wouldn’t even notice other girls. Of course, the idea is completely stupid now.

“He better not mess with Aime.” I growled. Brent laughed.

“Henry would need a stronger wolf than her, she's practically a pup. He would need a girl like you to not completely break her.” Brent commented. I laughed.

“You do see her right? Shes so much bigger than me! Same thing when we shift. The last thing she is is fragile.” Even I could hear the hint of jealousy in my voice. I loved my dad and everything I inherited from him but at the same time I wish I was bigger. I was constantly called the ‘weak link’ as a joke in my last pack.

“You have an attitude though. When she was crying, you were standing up to Alpha Demetri. You have spirit. Plus, you have to be strong to be chosen.” He offered me a supportive smile. I turned away and hammered the last peg into the dirt for the tent.

“More like cursed.” I muttered to myself.

I wonder what Beau is doing right now? This was officially the longest I had been away from my family, from him. I felt awful, knowing that he was probably heartbroken and wallowing around our home because of me. Yashar was probably making some dumb comment about how he should man up or the thought of him loving me as disgusting. The worst part is it is all my fault. If I wasn’t his sister, he would be out with friends, being a big brother to Aime and having bro moments with Gris. He would be happy, my entire family would be. I shook the thought away and finished setting up Brent’s tent.

“Hey, I’m going to go for a run.” I said lightly and started walking away.

“Make sure you take someone along, Demetri would kill us all if something happened to his precious Belle.” I rolled my eyes at his mocking voice and walked towards the woods.

When I couldn’t hear the commotion of the camp and the only thing I could hear were animals, leaves, and a nearby stream, I knew I was far enough away.

Shifting was easy now days. It hurt for a long time but after you shift so many times, you just get used to it. I listened to the sound of my bones cracking and winced as tufts of fur started sprouting. Thats the part that stung a bit still.

Once I was completely shifted, I started walking aimlessly. I wasn’t in a hurry and I was planning on enjoying my day away from the craziness that became my life.

I walked, tongue hanging out of my mouth listening to the stream and the birds and the trees and the wind. Currently, I was listening to a nearby deer. Thats why when I heard a twig snap, I wasn’t alarmed.

However, when a large black wolf jumped out of nowhere and attacked me, I was in fact, alarmed.

I flinched as I felt him rip a tuft of my grey fur out, and all I could think is: Of course the wolf attacking me has a mate.

I tried to squirm from underneath him just just earned myself another bite into my leg and a yelp from me. Soon, the man shifted and I felt his skin against my back holding me down. How pathetic, even as a human he is stronger than me in my wolf form.

“I’m going to let you go behind that tree and shift. I left my shirt back there, if you try something when I catch you again I’ll force you to shift in front of me. Got it?” He asked harshly. I nodded and lumbered behind the tree, shifted back, and slipped on his large shirt. I tossed the pair of basketball shorts that were in a folded pile around the tree as I took a moment to examine my wounds. My leg had a large bite as did my side-stomach area. “You can come out.” I heard his voice again. I took a deep breath and walked around the tree to see the man who attacked me.

To say he was buff was an understatement. No wonder he could hold me down, damn. His hair was tucked behind his ears in golden waves. His eyes were a brilliant green brown and the stubble on his face made him seem so manly.

“What are you doing on my pack’s territory?” He said in a gruff voice. I blinked, realizing he said something and cleared my throat cursing his mate for existing.

“It was an accident. I’m traveling with a” I paused “Friend? Anyways, we were in neutral territory but I felt like shifting. I didn’t realize that we were so close to a pack.” My confidence shocked myself. He looked hesitant, as if he were wondering if I was telling the truth.

“I believe you, but I have to take you to the pack house. My beta was the one who alerted me that you were here so I need to follow procedure.” I panicked.

“Please you can’t do that I-” I paused, thinking about something he said. “Wait your beta?” He smirked.

“I’m alpha of the Green River pack.” I looked at his curiously.

“No you aren't.” He smirked and crossed his arms over his delicious chest.

“And what makes you think that?” I rolled my eyes.

“I don’t feel power radiating from you and the alpha of the Green River pack is unmated. I would know if an alpha mated.” He continued smirking.

“What makes you think that I am mated?” My eyes widened as I searched my brain for an excuse but came up with nothing. I realized my eyes were big and my mouth was slightly open. I closed it and looked away.

“I can just kind of sense it.” I wanted to smack myself for my dumb excuse but I just avoided eye contact. Suddenly I felt suffocated.

“Well your sense is off. I don’t have a mate. I am curious why though that you don’t feel my alpha presence.” I scoffed.

“Cocky much?” He smirked.

“Come on, I have to bring you-” He was cut off by another voice.

“Mine!” My eyes widened as a completely naked man came and buried his face in my neck. I groaned, knowing I was going to covered by other males scents when I got around to getting back to camp.

“Justin, Is she your mate?” The mans voice cut through. The boy who was all over me, I’m assuming Justin, didn’t respond. He just continued hugging me as I continued trying to push him off of me. The man seemed to notice my discomfort and pulled Justin back. “Justin, don’t overwhelm the girl.”

“I, Belle Stone, reject you Justin.” The look on the boys face made me feel so guilty. It looked like I just shattered his world. He fell to his knees and I looked hopelessly at the man who attacked me. I was terrified when I saw his expression, which was pure disgust. “I’m sorry, I have to go or Demetri will kill me.” That seemed to get his attention as I started backing up.

“Demetri?” I nodded not knowing what to do. “Demetri who?” I groaned, I didn’t know the answer.

“I don’t know, hes convinced I’m his mate but I don’t know anything about him.” My mouth was so big. Of course, when I panic I don’t hide anything.

“What do you mean, Justin is your mate.” I glanced over at the boy who was sitting naked in the mud with the most blank facial expression. I cringed and felt tears stinging my eyes, god I’m a horrible person.

“I’m cursed okay? He has my sister,” I shook my head. “I have to go.” I took off sprinting into the woods and was not surprised when I heard paws following me. They kept their distance though.